La-Z-Boy Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (O'Fallon, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online through a third party job website. The next day I received an email from the Store Manager asking to set up an interview with her. The first interview took an hour and a half. She talked to me about the job and what I'd be doing. Then asked me about myself and my background. She wanted me to meet with the Designer, but she was busy at the time so we scheduled another time for me to come back and talk with her. This second interview lasted about 45 minutes, and she had a list of questions that she needed to ask me. After this interview I received a call from the Sales Manager and we briefly talked on the phone and she asked me more questions. I later came in to meet with her another time which only lasted 15 minutes. This whole process took me a month to get hired at this company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for La-Z-Boy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Reno, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews, first usually with Store Manager, sort of creepy older guy with HUGE ego, then with owner's wife, sometimes both together, LOTS of motivation questions, they need to reveal if you are willing to rely on commission only income, base draw is only $800 gross per pay period. So cheap they only pay twice a month instead of every two weeks. BEWARE, and ask them to tell you truthfully HOW MANY employees the have burned thru in just the past few years. If they say fewer than 100-200 for 6-8 positions, then RUN. Hugely detail oriented owners and manager, they will deny your commission and keep it themselves if you make the slightest error, VERY HIGH PRESSURE SALES.

Interview Questions

• They will ask how motivated you are, and if you are comfortable working on a commission or goal-based income stream. Beware, they will use unrealistic sales earnings of one or two employees who are reaching those sales dollars thru favoritism.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations accepted. The base salary of $800 is non negotiable, and if you don't meet sales goals within 1-3 months you are gone unless you are an attractive woman and flirt with the manager (or more)...yech.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy.

Interview

Applied online. Got phone call for interview same day. Next day went into interview, didn't think I had a chance because I don't have sales experience. They said they would call me the next day, I never got a call. I called them and was told to start on Monday.

Interview Questions

• No questions were really asked. Only- "Tell me about yourself" I explained my passion for interior design.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. I said I wanted $9.00 an hr, they give $10.00 an hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Setauket, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Setauket, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied on indeed.com and recieved a phone call about an interview. I set up an interview two days later with a manager. He was extremely unprofessional. He told me how he was on pain pills for his back and was a homosexual; engaged to his boyfriend. He then began to go through other applicants resumes in front of me. Telling me that some of them could not spell. The only question I was asked was "what should I ask you?" I was told that he would call me on monday if I got the job. I was never called so I called him and he told me to start next week. And after all that idid take the position.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. It was casual and not even an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. A draw of $400 a week ... so $10/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Kennesaw, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Very laid back but intense

Interview Questions

• I had multiple interviews with different managers in three locations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Portland, OR) in February 2011.

Interview

Had a group interview, there were 7 of us, 3 no shows. We were one of 3 or 4 groups that day. Next day received e-mail saying they had such great candidates it was hard to make a decision we were all so good, but I wasn't one of them. 2 weeks later they posted the job again on Craig's list. I don't understand if they had so much talent when I interviewed why they were looking again, or didn't pull from the "great " ones 2 weeks before.

Interview Questions

• Who in the room should we hire? Of course you all think you should have the job so tell us why.   1 Answer
    • What's your favorite book?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2009.

Interview

I just walked in and filled out an application and the manager interviewed me and I was hired. There really wasn't much to it. I just had a conversation with the manager and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at La-Z-Boy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, we sell on commission.