Lab Consulting Partnership Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.6

Management Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership.

Applied through LinkedIn and got an email from HR about one week later for an on-site interview. Was scheduled for one person but ended up talking to 6 people. No hard questions. Mostly focus on why you want to work there and what can you bring to the company. After the interview, had a test consists of GMAT/Excel/Research test. You had to finish the whole thing in two hours.

No room for negotiation

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership in October 2014.

I filled out an online application from their site. I got a call the very next day and was asked to come in for an in person interview. I was offered a job on the spot (desperate), but chose to reject it due to a poor interview experience. Also, because the pay being offered was not worth it for what I would be getting myself into.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of personality questions, such as "Do you use coupons" "If you could be any animal, what would you be" "Boxers or briefs". I was honestly weirded out by the questions, but apparently that's how all of the Fortune 2,000 companies are hiring today.   Answer Question

I felt like the company wasn't the least bit serious about what they do. The interviewer was on his phone and finishing up his lunch. I have never been so disrespected in my life as I was during the hour I spent at The Lab.

Lab Consulting Partnership Response

Feb 6, 2015vice president

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. None of the questions you mention are part of our standard interview process or the written personality test we administer. The Lab does not offer ... More

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership in August 2014.

I had three phone interviews in which I was asked about my work experience. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very basic in nature, simple run through of my resume and work history. The phone interview phase was followed by a two-hour GMAT/Excel exam.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership.

Very long and tedious. All phone interviews. Spoke with 6 people for a company that has 50 max was excessive. After numerous discussions about my background and experience; I did not find out until hired how different their consulting methodology was from every other organization with whom I have worked. Not for the better, I must add.

Interview Questions
    • Same questions from different individuals. It seems they do not talk or share notes.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership.

I applied through my college's recruiting site. I set up an appointment with the VP of operations. However, he was not able to make it and someone else interviewed me. It was a Marketing administrator. He was really friendly and was really detailed in describing the company. He was enthusiastic about the company and people there all seemed to have a positive attitude. I did not receive position due to my late available start date. However, the interviewer gave me feedback on how to improve my future interviews and encouraged me to apply again when I am able to start to see if the position was available in the response email. I felt that was really helpful and professional. It was really nice of him to do so, because not many interviewers would do that.

Interview Questions
    • Asks what your strengths and weaknesses is, if you prefer to work in a team or individually, about stuff in your resume(i.e. details about previous jobs), etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Intern Interview

Two interview days. First day you'll meet with one of the lower level analysts for 45 minutes or so, before taking up to two hours worth of tests measuring your ability to use a few Excel functions, and your analytic & research capabilities. There's also a personality test that was "optional" and not described as being important.

The second interview will be with two of the vice presidents of the company. At least one will last 45 minutes or so, but either or both could be shorter if they are busy.

Interview Questions
    • It was an entry level position, I was asked about similar experiences, of which I had some but not quite at that level.   Answer Question
    Not applicable.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership in March 2013.

Applied through Craigslist, was called for initial interview a few days later. First interview was telling me all about the company and what they do, my related schooling and work experience. Brought back for second interview a week later and was a little tougher with the marketing director over my skill set and future plans.

Interview Questions
    • What has been by biggest weakness at a previous job and how did I overcome it.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Business Process Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership in September 2012.

Applied online through Craigslist (they have recently switched to using Career Services sites from the local universities). I received an email from their HR person the next day and was scheduled for an interview later on in the week.

My first interview was with the VP of Operations who went into great detail about the company's past and current events. He was very excited and you can tell he loved working there. A few hours later, I had received a phone call asking me to come in again for a 2nd interview and a skills test.

The second interview was with a Senior Consultant. He went into more detail about the position and what he was looking for. I then took a skills test which had a few GMAT style questions and some work using MS Excel. There was also a personality test. After the test, I had another short interview with an analyst who wanted to know more about my background and really asked some good tough questions. After that interview, they wanted to know if I was available the next day and so I started the very next day.

Interview Questions
    • Have you read any books lately? Can you tell me about it? What did you like and not like about the book?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offered a base of $10 dollars with promises of performance reviews and bonuses which were actually given. Bonuses are in the form of American Express gift cards.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership in September 2012.

First interview was an hour long (in a private room) questions asked:
    1) How are you in a team environment? What would your fellow team members say about you?
    2) Walk through a difficult situation/ problem you've had?

the first interview went really well, I got a call back within the hour for a second interview.

Second interview was also an hour long (in an open area where everybody walks by-- from all the reviews I've read, nobody else has had an interview in this area so just beware they may improvise again)

Questions asked (they were the same questions asked the first time):
    1)Why consulting?
    2) Why this firm?
    3) What is a challenging situation?

I don't think the questions were difficult, I believe the environment was the worst thing about the second interview. Just be prepared in case they decide to interview in front of your future coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't really difficult just the environment to the second interview would make anybody uneasy   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership in June 2012.

Required two interviews for internship position. Asked several tough questions but also did a good job of explaining the company and the job position. The person who interviewed me was very passionate about their business and it showed. That was probably the main reason that I accepted. The business model was impressive but complicated. The client list that I was shown was extremely impressive.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult problem you have had to solve; in school, life or work? Did you solve it? How? What did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question
    Very simple. Fair pay for an internship.