Lab Consulting Partnership

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through Craigslist, was called for initial interview a few days later. First interview was telling me all about the company and what they do, my related schooling and work experience. Brought back for second interview a week later and was a little tougher with the marketing director over my skill set and future plans.

Interview Question – What has been by biggest weakness at a previous job and how did I overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Business Process Analyst Intern Interview

Business Process Analyst Intern
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through Craigslist (they have recently switched to using Career Services sites from the local universities). I received an email from their HR person the next day and was scheduled for an interview later on in the week.

My first interview was with the VP of Operations who went into great detail about the company's past and current events. He was very excited and you can tell he loved working there. A few hours later, I had received a phone call asking me to come in again for a 2nd interview and a skills test.

The second interview was with a Senior Consultant. He went into more detail about the position and what he was looking for. I then took a skills test which had a few GMAT style questions and some work using MS Excel. There was also a personality test. After the test, I had another short interview with an analyst who wanted to know more about my background and really asked some good tough questions. After that interview, they wanted to know if I was available the next day and so I started the very next day.

Interview Question – Have you read any books lately? Can you tell me about it? What did you like and not like about the book?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offered a base of $10 dollars with promises of performance reviews and bonuses which were actually given. Bonuses are in the form of American Express gift cards.

Interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership

Interview Details – Just looking for warm bodies to fill an engagement

Interview Question – What are you best at?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – flat salary offer, no negotitation

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership in March 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through an online job ad. I did not receive any response until I got a phone call. Two phone interviews with internal consultant, followed by a face to face interview with internal consultant and another face-to-face with managing director. I had an offer within two days and started a week later.

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate on salary but did get a promised six month review and more than a 10% raise at six months

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership.

Interview Details – I applied through my college's recruiting site. I set up an appointment with the VP of operations. However, he was not able to make it and someone else interviewed me. It was a Marketing administrator. He was really friendly and was really detailed in describing the company. He was enthusiastic about the company and people there all seemed to have a positive attitude. I did not receive position due to my late available start date. However, the interviewer gave me feedback on how to improve my future interviews and encouraged me to apply again when I am able to start to see if the position was available in the response email. I felt that was really helpful and professional. It was really nice of him to do so, because not many interviewers would do that.

Interview Question – Asks what your strengths and weaknesses is, if you prefer to work in a team or individually, about stuff in your resume(i.e. details about previous jobs), etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Intern Interview

Analyst Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership.

Interview Details – Two interview days. First day you'll meet with one of the lower level analysts for 45 minutes or so, before taking up to two hours worth of tests measuring your ability to use a few Excel functions, and your analytic & research capabilities. There's also a personality test that was "optional" and not described as being important.

The second interview will be with two of the vice presidents of the company. At least one will last 45 minutes or so, but either or both could be shorter if they are busy.

Interview Question – It was an entry level position, I was asked about similar experiences, of which I had some but not quite at that level.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not applicable.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership in September 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was an hour long (in a private room) questions asked:
1) How are you in a team environment? What would your fellow team members say about you?
2) Walk through a difficult situation/ problem you've had?

the first interview went really well, I got a call back within the hour for a second interview.

Second interview was also an hour long (in an open area where everybody walks by-- from all the reviews I've read, nobody else has had an interview in this area so just beware they may improvise again)

Questions asked (they were the same questions asked the first time):
1)Why consulting?
2) Why this firm?
3) What is a challenging situation?

I don't think the questions were difficult, I believe the environment was the worst thing about the second interview. Just be prepared in case they decide to interview in front of your future coworkers.

Interview Question – Questions weren't really difficult just the environment to the second interview would make anybody uneasy   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Management Consultant
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership in June 2008.

Interview Details – Very fast

Interview Question – GMAT style tests   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were able to provide a base, which is agreeable, very fast.

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership in June 2012.

Interview Details – Required two interviews for internship position. Asked several tough questions but also did a good job of explaining the company and the job position. The person who interviewed me was very passionate about their business and it showed. That was probably the main reason that I accepted. The business model was impressive but complicated. The client list that I was shown was extremely impressive.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult problem you have had to solve; in school, life or work? Did you solve it? How? What did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple. Fair pay for an internship.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lab Consulting Partnership in June 2011.

Interview Details – A series of 4 interviews and 1 skills test.
1st interview - done by phone with HR. .
2nd interview - conducted by project consultant.
After the 2nd interview - Excel and reading comprehension test.
3rd interview - conducted by partner.
4th interview - conducted by project manager I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to report to multiple managers with different expectations.   Answer Question
  • What are you strengths and weaknesses, and how do you use them to your advantage?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had a little wiggle room. They paid for part of my H1-B visa transfer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lab Consulting Partnership? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lab Consulting Partnership interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lab Consulting Partnership employees and interview candidates.