Lab Support

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lab Support.

Interview Details – They ask you to go to their office and have a meeting with them, they explain you what they do and what are the open positions they have. Then they ask you what are you preferences and just tell you they will call you back when they found a job that matchs you preferences.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, they just check that you really did what you said on your resume.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Biologist Interview

Biologist
Blue Ash, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lab Support in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very good corespondence via e-mail. with detailed instructions to ne location, and paperwork to fill out before hand. Durring the interview: very informal, easy going and fun. I guess that is what happens when bio nerds start talking. laid back atmosphere and although the interview was about finding temp work for the interviewee, I found myself wanting to work as a recuiter for the company.

Interview Question – What blotting technique did your school teach you? Guys, it would be best to review your microbiology notebooks for this interview. They have a list of all techniques you have experience in so definately review your class work.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lab Support in June 2013.

Interview Details – Their process is very streamlined. They ensure all paperwork is prepared before an assignment begins so that you can start working as soon as something becomes available. Very nice when interviewing and knowledgeable in the scientific industry.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We discussed what was important to me and reasons why salaries are at certain levels.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lab Support in April 2013.

Interview Details – After initially applying to a position, one of the recruiters contact you if they feel that you may be a good fit for a client. They then schedule an interview, and give you information about the position: pay, description, hours, company, etc., and ask if you want them to submit your resume. Turnaround time depends on the client as it is out of their hands.

Interview Question – There was nothing really difficult or unexpected. It went like previous interviews, the interviewee asked for elaboration on previous positions held, responsibilities, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If negotiation is possible between a contractor and their staffing agency, I am not aware of it, and never participated in one.

Staffing Consultant/Client Development Interview

Staffing Consultant/Client Development
Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lab Support in March 2013.

Interview Details – Did phone interview with a recruiter who found my resume on Monster.com. He set up a phone interview with Southern California "District Manager".
I talked with district manager for over 90 minutes, and although I never have gotten my hopes up after any job interview, the way this guy talked was on the order of "You'll be doing this", "we'll be having you do this", "you'll have the whole Southern California territory to work with, it'll be yours"...as if I was already hired. I found that really curious. After the call, he told the recruiter to set up an in-person interview with senior management for the next week. We had appointment time set up. I called the recruiter the Monday morning before to confirm, and he sounded like he had just finished a weekend of partying - he sounded like he had a hangover. He said, "Oh, hi....yeah, you just read my mind, I was just going to call you and tell you that we will need to cancel that interview...we hired somebody internally for that position." Okay, fine. I then emailed the district manager whom I spoke with earlier and he gave the [lame] response of "Thanks for your note. We were pretty far along with the other candidate by the time you and I spoke, so...keep in touch. Thanks." Waste of time. Both recruiter and the district manager seemed, and sounded, like cocky young guys. I find it unprofessional that they did not complete the interview process with me...if that's any indication of how their business operates (to just start things they don't finish, or to just brush people off) then I'm well rid of them. Starting a candidate through the interview process and then actually setting an appointment for them to go to the next step, but then calling to cancel it is really the height of unprofessionalism. On a different note, I actually worked for On Assignment right after I got out of school back around 2000. On Assignment found me right after I graduated. The company that On Assignment found me the temp job with did hire me on permanently after 6 months. I can only imagine the huge fee they probably paid out to On Assignment when they brought me onboard. Had they just run an ad online, I'm sure I'd have found them (Portland is a small town and at that time there were only a few chemical companies) and they could've done a direct hire. The company actually terminated their relationship with On Assignment after awhile and started just doing direct hires. I recall that the HR Manager said that On Assignment charged them double the wage I was getting - I got like 15 bucks an hour for those first 6 months, so that means they paid another 15 to On Assignment. Probably nice commission for On Assignment's salesfolks, but I think that's pretty retarded...what were they really doing to earn that money? Nothing. Of course in those days, there was no Craigslist, so many of those headhunting agencies were making big bucks. On Assignment is a growing company, its financials don't look too shabby, but it probably wasn't worth my time to work for them.

Interview Question – Explain what you think the most difficult part of the job will be   View Answer

Lab Technician

I applied online and interviewed at Lab Support.

Interview Details – Did a short phone interview then was asked to come in for an office interview. Asked about lab work experience and what science field I would like to be in. Said they'd call if they had a position. Never heard back from them again.

Interview Question – What kind of lab experience do you have?   Answer Question

Associate Recruiter Interview

Associate Recruiter
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lab Support.

Interview Details – Went through several phone interviews with regional VP and entire team. Also went into office for in person interview with those who I had not done a phone interview with. Very comfortable, relaxed. They were looking for more of a personality/drive than particular experience for the job.

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Got a call a couple weeks after the interview offering the position.

Quality Control Interview

Quality Control
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Lab Support in July 2011.

Interview Details – On Assignment Lab Support in pleasanton, california interviews each of their new clients. So they help job seekers find employment. They specialize in lab positions. Furthermore, they ask basic questions about yourselves. They review your experience and qualifications. Basically whatever is on your resume. Overall, they are really nice. Would not hurt to contact them for potential employment.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular. They were straight forward.   Answer Question

QA Specialist Interview

QA Specialist
Hunt Valley, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lab Support in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online. A recruiter called for a phone screen and scheduled an in office visit. After my office visit, I had an interview on site with hiring manager that I would be working for. After the hiring manager decided to hire me, I signed some additional paperwork with On Assignment. I started working on my contract the following week.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for *contract company*?   View Answer

Manufacturing Interview

Manufacturing

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Lab Support in April 2008.

Interview Details – I was asked job specific detailed questions on the phone to make sure I was worth the 1 on 1 interview. Later I was interviewed by 3 different people one by one (the would be manager, co workter and an hr person) The interviewers were not from On Assignment but they were from the company they wanted me to work for.

Interview Questions

Worked for Lab Support? Contribute to the Community!