Lab Support Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.0

Analytical Development Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lab Support.

Interview

Brief phone interview reviewing resume facts with a recruiter. Then received an interview with the immediate supervisor at the contract company. Happened quickly, received offer within 2 days of process initiation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very fast; little time given to consider offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lab Support.

Interview

Very Rude. Salary is nonnegotiable and low for the area. When I asked if they could explain more about company culture, daily life, and the opportunity for growth the interviewer refused to answer and told me to ask specific questions because I had already been given the job description. I ended the interview after that, I expect to be treated with respect even as an interviewee

Scientific Recruiter Interview

Interview

A corporate recruiter contacted me and did a phone interview. Then the employer of the branch contacted me for a phone interview. I finally went in after a week for an in person interview. One of the employer's guy interviewed me first. He asked the typical questions and seemed pretty cool. Then the employer came in and asked the same questions. I didn't know if I should reitterate so that caught me off guard. The employer seemed like a pretty pretentious sales person.

Interview Questions

• Ask you how to handle a difficult situation at work. Make sure you have an explanation for these.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lab Support (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a pleasant and very easy initial interview with Lab Support. They were very helpful and informative and i was left with a great feeling of service. Basically they are a recruiting company and they seemed eager to get me working as soon as possible. I would definitely recommend others talking to them if the field fits the profile.

Interview Questions

• How much my base pay should be.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Took 3 days. Went in for interview. People were friendly. Discussed job details. Discussed what I did at previous jobs. Was asked why did I want to work for the company. Was asked what did I hope to accomplish by working there.

Interview Questions

Another job offer, more money and better location

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lab Support (Houston, TX).

Interview

They ask you to go to their office and have a meeting with them, they explain you what they do and what are the open positions they have. Then they ask you what are you preferences and just tell you they will call you back when they found a job that matchs you preferences.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, they just check that you really did what you said on your resume.   Answer Question

Biologist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lab Support (Blue Ash, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Very good corespondence via e-mail. with detailed instructions to ne location, and paperwork to fill out before hand. Durring the interview: very informal, easy going and fun. I guess that is what happens when bio nerds start talking. laid back atmosphere and although the interview was about finding temp work for the interviewee, I found myself wanting to work as a recuiter for the company.

Interview Questions

• What blotting technique did your school teach you? Guys, it would be best to review your microbiology notebooks for this interview. They have a list of all techniques you have experience in so definately review your class work.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lab Support (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

Their process is very streamlined. They ensure all paperwork is prepared before an assignment begins so that you can start working as soon as something becomes available. Very nice when interviewing and knowledgeable in the scientific industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We discussed what was important to me and reasons why salaries are at certain levels.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lab Support (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

After initially applying to a position, one of the recruiters contact you if they feel that you may be a good fit for a client. They then schedule an interview, and give you information about the position: pay, description, hours, company, etc., and ask if you want them to submit your resume. Turnaround time depends on the client as it is out of their hands.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing really difficult or unexpected. It went like previous interviews, the interviewee asked for elaboration on previous positions held, responsibilities, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If negotiation is possible between a contractor and their staffing agency, I am not aware of it, and never participated in one.

Staffing Consultant/Client Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lab Support (Woodland Hills, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Did phone interview with a recruiter who found my resume on Monster.com. He set up a phone interview with Southern California "District Manager".
    I talked with district manager for over 90 minutes, and although I never have gotten my hopes up after any job interview, the way this guy talked was on the order of "You'll be doing this", "we'll be having you do this", "you'll have the whole Southern California territory to work with, it'll be yours"...as if I was already hired. I found that really curious. After the call, he told the recruiter to set up an in-person interview with senior management for the next week. We had appointment time set up. I called the recruiter the Monday morning before to confirm, and he sounded like he had just finished a weekend of partying - he sounded like he had a hangover. He said, "Oh, hi....yeah, you just read my mind, I was just going to call you and tell you that we will need to cancel that interview...we hired somebody internally for that position." Okay, fine. I then emailed the district manager whom I spoke with earlier and he gave the [lame] response of "Thanks for your note. We were pretty far along with the other candidate by the time you and I spoke, so...keep in touch. Thanks." Waste of time. Both recruiter and the district manager seemed, and sounded, like cocky young guys. I find it unprofessional that they did not complete the interview process with me...if that's any indication of how their business operates (to just start things they don't finish, or to just brush people off) then I'm well rid of them. Starting a candidate through the interview process and then actually setting an appointment for them to go to the next step, but then calling to cancel it is really the height of unprofessionalism. On a different note, I actually worked for On Assignment right after I got out of school back around 2000. On Assignment found me right after I graduated. The company that On Assignment found me the temp job with did hire me on permanently after 6 months. I can only imagine the huge fee they probably paid out to On Assignment when they brought me onboard. Had they just run an ad online, I'm sure I'd have found them (Portland is a small town and at that time there were only a few chemical companies) and they could've done a direct hire. The company actually terminated their relationship with On Assignment after awhile and started just doing direct hires. I recall that the HR Manager said that On Assignment charged them double the wage I was getting - I got like 15 bucks an hour for those first 6 months, so that means they paid another 15 to On Assignment. Probably nice commission for On Assignment's salesfolks, but I think that's pretty retarded...what were they really doing to earn that money? Nothing. Of course in those days, there was no Craigslist, so many of those headhunting agencies were making big bucks. On Assignment is a growing company, its financials don't look too shabby, but it probably wasn't worth my time to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you think the most difficult part of the job will be   1 Answer