Lab Support Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lab Support in September 2014.

I had a pleasant and very easy initial interview with Lab Support. They were very helpful and informative and i was left with a great feeling of service. Basically they are a recruiting company and they seemed eager to get me working as soon as possible. I would definitely recommend others talking to them if the field fits the profile.

Lab Technician Interview

Took 3 days. Went in for interview. People were friendly. Discussed job details. Discussed what I did at previous jobs. Was asked why did I want to work for the company. Was asked what did I hope to accomplish by working there.

Interview Questions

Another job offer, more money and better location

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Lab Support.

They ask you to go to their office and have a meeting with them, they explain you what they do and what are the open positions they have. Then they ask you what are you preferences and just tell you they will call you back when they found a job that matchs you preferences.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, they just check that you really did what you said on your resume.   Answer Question

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blue Ash, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lab Support in October 2013.

Very good corespondence via e-mail. with detailed instructions to ne location, and paperwork to fill out before hand. Durring the interview: very informal, easy going and fun. I guess that is what happens when bio nerds start talking. laid back atmosphere and although the interview was about finding temp work for the interviewee, I found myself wanting to work as a recuiter for the company.

Interview Questions
    • What blotting technique did your school teach you? Guys, it would be best to review your microbiology notebooks for this interview. They have a list of all techniques you have experience in so definately review your class work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lab Support in June 2013.

Their process is very streamlined. They ensure all paperwork is prepared before an assignment begins so that you can start working as soon as something becomes available. Very nice when interviewing and knowledgeable in the scientific industry.

Interview Questions
    We discussed what was important to me and reasons why salaries are at certain levels.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lab Support in April 2013.

After initially applying to a position, one of the recruiters contact you if they feel that you may be a good fit for a client. They then schedule an interview, and give you information about the position: pay, description, hours, company, etc., and ask if you want them to submit your resume. Turnaround time depends on the client as it is out of their hands.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing really difficult or unexpected. It went like previous interviews, the interviewee asked for elaboration on previous positions held, responsibilities, etc.   View Answer
    If negotiation is possible between a contractor and their staffing agency, I am not aware of it, and never participated in one.

Staffing Consultant/Client Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lab Support in March 2013.

Did phone interview with a recruiter who found my resume on Monster.com. He set up a phone interview with Southern California "District Manager".
    I talked with district manager for over 90 minutes, and although I never have gotten my hopes up after any job interview, the way this guy talked was on the order of "You'll be doing this", "we'll be having you do this", "you'll have the whole Southern California territory to work with, it'll be yours"...as if I was already hired. I found that really curious. After the call, he told the recruiter to set up an in-person interview with senior management for the next week. We had appointment time set up. I called the recruiter the Monday morning before to confirm, and he sounded like he had just finished a weekend of partying - he sounded like he had a hangover. He said, "Oh, hi....yeah, you just read my mind, I was just going to call you and tell you that we will need to cancel that interview...we hired somebody internally for that position." Okay, fine. I then emailed the district manager whom I spoke with earlier and he gave the [lame] response of "Thanks for your note. We were pretty far along with the other candidate by the time you and I spoke, so...keep in touch. Thanks." Waste of time. Both recruiter and the district manager seemed, and sounded, like cocky young guys. I find it unprofessional that they did not complete the interview process with me...if that's any indication of how their business operates (to just start things they don't finish, or to just brush people off) then I'm well rid of them. Starting a candidate through the interview process and then actually setting an appointment for them to go to the next step, but then calling to cancel it is really the height of unprofessionalism. On a different note, I actually worked for On Assignment right after I got out of school back around 2000. On Assignment found me right after I graduated. The company that On Assignment found me the temp job with did hire me on permanently after 6 months. I can only imagine the huge fee they probably paid out to On Assignment when they brought me onboard. Had they just run an ad online, I'm sure I'd have found them (Portland is a small town and at that time there were only a few chemical companies) and they could've done a direct hire. The company actually terminated their relationship with On Assignment after awhile and started just doing direct hires. I recall that the HR Manager said that On Assignment charged them double the wage I was getting - I got like 15 bucks an hour for those first 6 months, so that means they paid another 15 to On Assignment. Probably nice commission for On Assignment's salesfolks, but I think that's pretty retarded...what were they really doing to earn that money? Nothing. Of course in those days, there was no Craigslist, so many of those headhunting agencies were making big bucks. On Assignment is a growing company, its financials don't look too shabby, but it probably wasn't worth my time to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what you think the most difficult part of the job will be   View Answer

Lab Technician Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Lab Support.

Did a short phone interview then was asked to come in for an office interview. Asked about lab work experience and what science field I would like to be in. Said they'd call if they had a position. Never heard back from them again.

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lab Support.

Went through several phone interviews with regional VP and entire team. Also went into office for in person interview with those who I had not done a phone interview with. Very comfortable, relaxed. They were looking for more of a personality/drive than particular experience for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Got a call a couple weeks after the interview offering the position.

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Lab Support in July 2011.

On Assignment Lab Support in pleasanton, california interviews each of their new clients. So they help job seekers find employment. They specialize in lab positions. Furthermore, they ask basic questions about yourselves. They review your experience and qualifications. Basically whatever is on your resume. Overall, they are really nice. Would not hurt to contact them for potential employment.

Interview Questions

Worked for Lab Support? Contribute to the Community!