LabCorp Specimen Accessioner Interview Questions

2.3

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LabCorp in September 2014.

I applied online via LabCorp's career webpage. Application process was very typical. There was a personality test as usual, but there was also a data entry test sort of thing. It was actually pretty difficult. I wasn't sure how I did on it, I thought I was doing terribly but I guess not...because 12 days after I finished I received an e-mail from an HR consult stating that they would like me to call to schedule an interview. I called the next morning and got a lengthy phone interview. Most of the questions were straightforward, "would you be willing to work x hours - y hours? are you comfortable handling urine? blood? working occasional overtime?" Pretty simple stuff, but there were a few tougher questions that I will address in the next textbox. At the end, she said she would like to schedule me an in person interview for 2 days from then.

In person interview was much easier than the phone interview. The hiring manager escorted me to her office promptly and on time, I wasn't left waiting in the lobby for 20 minutes or anything. First thing she said when we got to the interviewing room was "You don't have to be nervous or anything, this won't really be your 'traditional' interview, I don't like all that stiff formality!" Then she chuckled. That did ease my nerves a bit. The questions were very simple, she asked "what do you like about working individually?" "what do you like about working in a team?" "this job requires a lot of attention to detail. tell me about a time when you had to pay super close attention to the details?" and she asked again about being comfortable handling biological specimens and the hours. That was it! Then she told me I would hear from them in about a week if I was to get an offer. The interview was on a Friday late morning, I got the call Monday early evening.

FWIW, I have no relevant experience or educational history other than a handful of college level science and math courses. Only ever worked in fast food and only ever ontained a HS diploma. Associate in science is in progress. I was offered the job anyway at an hourly rate of $11.25/hour and 43 hours per week, Tuesday through Saturday. I accepted and am very excited to prove my worth to this company!

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult questions were "what do you know about labcorp? can you tell me what a specimen is? Give me some examples? what are some characteristics of a good specimen accessioner? What's your favorite type of management style?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for LabCorp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at LabCorp in August 2014.

Emailed to schedule phone interview. Had phone interview. Got invited to late night interview (my shift would be graveyard, so kind of makes sense to have late night interview, during climax hours of when I'd be working). Had interview on-site, then got tour of the place. The next day, got email saying I got job

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work 12 hour shifts a day (overtime making it 12)? Are you willing to work Saturdays? What is PPE? What is a time you had to do repetitive work? Can you handle repetitive/assembly line work? What is a time you had to do work that required detailed work on physically tiny things? Can you handle working with urine/blood and aliquoting it? What is the most challenging work experience you've had?   Answer Question
    They weren't open to negotiations and seemed to treat it like everyone stays at that pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LabCorp in July 2014.

Applied online and complete 20-30 minute data entry tests 5 tests in all. Received call for interview a week later. Was told I would receive a link for data entry test the next day. It was the same test as when I applied online. Which kind of made me wonder what was the point.

Interview Questions
    None, they base it off your current lap/hospital experiece if any and then based off your shift. which ever shift you are applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at LabCorp in May 2014.

Applied for this position since the hours were perfect for part-time work. Arrived 15 minutes early, but was left to sit in a room for over 30 minutes while the interviewer sat in her office instant messaging. I know this, because you could hear the pings going off while she typed away. Once she finally entered the room her attitude was very uninterested and casual. I however was determined to land this job so proceeded to give it all I had. Once the interview got going everything was going great until I was asked by her if I had any issues with staying past the 11pm scheduled shift. I told her I didn't mind being a team player and helping out every once in awhile, but I do have a full-time job and couldn't make a habit. After saying this I could tell from her attitude and disposition that I wasn't going to be hired. And I wasn't.

I thinks it horrible that I was denied this opportunity, all because I wouldn't agree to continuously work past my scheduled shift. If the company knows they regularly have late specimens come in, then they should hire staff to accommodate those hours, not punish people.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any issues about staying over your scheduled shift for late deliveries?   Answer Question

Specimen Accessioner Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at LabCorp in May 2014.

First it started with a phone screening. After the phone screening they will set you up with an interview with the hiring managers. Interview was chill where they asked a few questions to see who you are and what can you provide. After talking to you about the company and explaining the position. They will show you around the place. The whole process was cake and you should not sweat it.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at LabCorp in May 2014.

After applying, I was called to set up an interview. I was interviewed one afternoon and the whole interview only lasted about 20 minutes. It was a one on one interview in a conference room. She asked me the usual interview questions and then showed me around the actual lab in the back of the building. I took the typing test during my online application so I did not do one the day of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, PA

I applied online – interviewed at LabCorp in April 2014.

I did an application online in about the 1st or 2nd week of April, I was called to schedule and interview about a week or two later. During the interview I was asked general questions and about relevant experience. Before the interview was over I was asked to sign a paper to give my consent for a background check. On May 1st I was called with an offer and training started May 19th.

Specimen Accessioner Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at LabCorp.

It was a very speedy and relatively easy process. Everyone was very nice.

Specimen Accessioner Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LabCorp.

Very simple and nothing out of the norm questions

Specimen Accessioner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LabCorp in August 2013.

Contacted after applying online. Interviewed once by two supervisors at the same time. Contacted by HR a week later with an offer. Had to provide a urine sample for a drug screen, and attend orientation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a conflict with another employee.   View Answer
    • How would you define being detail oriented?   View Answer
    None.