Labatt Food Service

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer Programmer Interview

Computer Programmer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Labatt Food Service.

Interview Details – Applied for a position I found on a job website. Got a call a few days later. Met with HR coordinator for initial interview and then got a call back to meet with some developers for job shadowing. The last interview was with the COO which was short and to the point.

Interview Question – What are you biggest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Buyer Interview

Senior Buyer
San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Labatt Food Service.

Interview Details – My interview was very informal, I was asked just a few questions all appropriate to the position I was applying for. I was made to feel as comfortable as possible.

Interview Question – I was asked just a few short questions, It was one of the shortest interview I had ever had.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did get a better salary and benefits than my previous employer, I was employed at the time. But the opportunities that I would get down the road you could not put a price tag on.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Labatt Food Service in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks.

Have plenty of time allotted for the interview. I was in the building over 2 hours.

When you arrive they make a copy of your driver's license ans social security card then you fill out an application and personality test. Once they are ready for the actual interview they shuttle you over to another building to meet with 3 different people.

The first must be in HR. She asked straight forward and typical questions robotically. It was humorous b/c we had a much better rapport on the way to the interview then when the interview actually began.

I'm guessing my GPA (they ask you to bring a transcript with you) was not up to snuff b/c I only met with one other person after being told I'd meet with 3 initially.

The second women was part of the Analyst team and she repeated basically the same questions I had just answered. Only she seemed very rushed and disinterested. She informed me that the third person I was to meet with was in a "meeting." She then asked if I knew how to exit and left me. She did not walk me back to the shuttle or even to the elevator. So I stumbled around until I found my way to the elevator and then through several hallways and waited at a location I hoped the shuttle pick up at.

It was the worst interview I have ever had and the rudeness of the second women is baffling to me.

I received a rejection letter 2 weeks later

Interview Question – All straight forward.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Labatt Food Service in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was face to face. Interviewer read from sheet of questions.

Interview Question – Asked questions about extracurricular activities in college.   Answer Question

Front End Developer/Designer Interview

Front End Developer/Designer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Labatt Food Service.

Interview Details – Applied and was called the next day to schedule an interview. They sent me a project they wanted me to complete beforehand in order to assess my web design skills. I found this to be a positive indication that they were interested in finding the right candidate.

I interviewed with 2 individuals on my first visit, and HR representative and then an IT representative. The HR interview was dry and generic and all of the questions came off of a sheet. The IT interview was more spontaneous.

After 10 days I was called back for a 2nd interview, and this time I met with a representative from the marketing department, one from IT (same guy from before), and then with the Director of IT (who happens to be the son of the CEO). These questions were well thought through and helped them get a good feel for what my skills are I felt.

About 10 days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked in the first HR interview what my expected salary was, before I had a good idea of what the job entailed.   Answer Question
  • Was taken step by step through my 12+ year career and asked the same set of questions for all 4 positions I had held. Tough to remember specific details from 12 years ago.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was a little lower than expected, and no vacation or sick leave was available for the first year. Nevertheless, I asked for 1 week to consider the offer, and they said that was fine. After 4 business days, they called back and said I had taken too long to respond and retracted the offer.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Labatt Food Service in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call nearly immediately. I was interviewed by an interviewer who asked only HR type of questions and who didn't work in software development. She had terrible listening skills. Examples: Just after telling her about getting Dean's list, she immediately asked me if I got any academic awards such as "dean's list." I repeated my answer and then told her that I got another award based on my major GPA and hours taken. She then asked me how did the students "vote" for my award. It wasn't a vote. I had to repeat how it was an award based on grades. I had to repeat everything because she failed to listen. She made assumptions and even argued with me. Another example: She asked me why I didn't want to move into a software developer position at my previous employment and insisted that she knew my previous employment had software developers. I had to repeat the reason leaving, they've outsourced everything and there are no positions there anymore. Then she asked me what is a good reason to leave an employer. I gave a general answer but put forth that I'm the kind of person who wants to stay at a company. She sent me a rejection letter. There really isn't a good reason to reject me. I graduated top of my class, I've never missed a day of work, I've never been late, I'm great at what I do, perfect record (even driving record), people love me and my work ethic, I keep my job for years....The only reason I wouldn't be a "fit" is because the whole interview process is seriously dumb. I wasn't asked any technical questions nor was I tested on my skill. Apparently, they want software developers who are liked by an HR interviewer who earned a Communications degree in college. Seriously?!?! Was listening skills not required for that major?

Interview Question – What is your spouse's name and ages of your kid(s)?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Labatt Food Service in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied June 2011. Received phone call a few days later asking to setup an on-site interview in San Antonio and to bring writing sample and college transcript. Found the transcript part to be a bit weird.

On-site, they had me fill out some stuff on a computer with some other people applying for trucker jobs. Interview was pretty dull. Realized after about 5 minutes that I didn't want the job, especially with the business being in a mediocre part of town. Mainly went over resume and asked scripted questions about jobs I had 5 years previously while in high school. Overall a pretty wooden interview and just wasn't for me.

I have heard pay is decent though.

Interview Question – What was your least favorite job and why? (this was right after I had communicated I only had 2 jobs previously when I was asked what my favorite job was)   Answer Question

Technical Writing Interview

Technical Writing
San Antonio, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Labatt Food Service in January 2012.

Interview Details – First I was taken into a room to fill out a long application. Bring info about your past jobs (phone numbers, addresses, etc) as well as your reference information. It was a pretty extensive application. Afterwards I interviewed with an HR representative. The interview involved going through my resume item by item from my educational experience to each job, discussing each item. It was a pretty normal interview experience.

The HR Representative provided more information about the position and described the company as a "younger company" with many employees that are in their 20s and 30s. Labatt seems like a good company to work for. The location isn't on a great part of town, but it is just off of the highway.

A few weeks later I received notice that I was not chosen for the position by mail.

Internship Interview

Internship
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Labatt Food Service in January 2012.

Interview Details – Based on my single, infuriating experience interviewing for this company, I'm confident that all the previous reviewers other than one company man pretty much hit it on the nose. I can't describe it any better than these poor folks who have actually worked within the walls of their depressing and ominously silent corporate facility.

As others have said, the interview consisted of boilerplate questions which were largely irrelevant to the position I was applying for. Questions were read sequentially from a list and sometimes, I would answer a question in a way that also answered the following question, after which the interviewer would read me the question anyway. I must have had a perpetual "are you serious?" face through the whole thing. My interview during high school for a summer job at a movie theatre was more probing and dynamic than the one I did for this company. At least the interviewer was perceptive enough to see that I would not have fit in over there at all.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Labatt Food Service in April 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview first. Went in to have an interview with the hiring coordinator, which was very text book, dry, and predictable. It's like she was a robot and was reading out of a book. Had a final interview in the main building with more repetitive and dry questions. Nothing dynamic about my interviews at all.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Labatt Food Service

Worked for Labatt Food Service? Contribute to the Community!