Labatt Food Service

Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Labatt Food Service in July 2014.

I got to the campus for the interview and was surprised to find everyone still out to lunch and had to wait for a bit before someone was there to let me in. I then filled out a form about work history and other standard stuff. I went and interviewed with a HR person who assessed my personality and general qualifications. Then I went and interviewed with the media team there in the office. The lead seemed fine, but one of the members of the team who asked most of the technical questions seemed to be rather hostile from the start of the interview. Overall it was a mediocre experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is your career goal?
      How good are you at adobe premiere on a scale of 1 - 10?
      Are you the kind of person who will challenge me, or do what you are told?

Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Labatt Food Service.

My interview was very informal, I was asked just a few questions all appropriate to the position I was applying for. I was made to feel as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked just a few short questions, It was one of the shortest interview I had ever had.   View Answer
    I did get a better salary and benefits than my previous employer, I was employed at the time. But the opportunities that I would get down the road you could not put a price tag on.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Labatt Food Service in October 2012.

I applied online and got a call nearly immediately. I was interviewed by an interviewer who asked only HR type of questions and who didn't work in software development. She had terrible listening skills. Examples: Just after telling her about getting Dean's list, she immediately asked me if I got any academic awards such as "dean's list." I repeated my answer and then told her that I got another award based on my major GPA and hours taken. She then asked me how did the students "vote" for my award. It wasn't a vote. I had to repeat how it was an award based on grades. I had to repeat everything because she failed to listen. She made assumptions and even argued with me. Another example: She asked me why I didn't want to move into a software developer position at my previous employment and insisted that she knew my previous employment had software developers. I had to repeat the reason leaving, they've outsourced everything and there are no positions there anymore. Then she asked me what is a good reason to leave an employer. I gave a general answer but put forth that I'm the kind of person who wants to stay at a company. She sent me a rejection letter. There really isn't a good reason to reject me. I graduated top of my class, I've never missed a day of work, I've never been late, I'm great at what I do, perfect record (even driving record), people love me and my work ethic, I keep my job for years....The only reason I wouldn't be a "fit" is because the whole interview process is seriously dumb. I wasn't asked any technical questions nor was I tested on my skill. Apparently, they want software developers who are liked by an HR interviewer who earned a Communications degree in college. Seriously?!?! Was listening skills not required for that major?

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Labatt Food Service in January 2012.

Based on my single, infuriating experience interviewing for this company, I'm confident that all the previous reviewers other than one company man pretty much hit it on the nose. I can't describe it any better than these poor folks who have actually worked within the walls of their depressing and ominously silent corporate facility.

As others have said, the interview consisted of boilerplate questions which were largely irrelevant to the position I was applying for. Questions were read sequentially from a list and sometimes, I would answer a question in a way that also answered the following question, after which the interviewer would read me the question anyway. I must have had a perpetual "are you serious?" face through the whole thing. My interview during high school for a summer job at a movie theatre was more probing and dynamic than the one I did for this company. At least the interviewer was perceptive enough to see that I would not have fit in over there at all.

Technical Writing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Labatt Food Service in January 2012.

First I was taken into a room to fill out a long application. Bring info about your past jobs (phone numbers, addresses, etc) as well as your reference information. It was a pretty extensive application. Afterwards I interviewed with an HR representative. The interview involved going through my resume item by item from my educational experience to each job, discussing each item. It was a pretty normal interview experience.

The HR Representative provided more information about the position and described the company as a "younger company" with many employees that are in their 20s and 30s. Labatt seems like a good company to work for. The location isn't on a great part of town, but it is just off of the highway.

A few weeks later I received notice that I was not chosen for the position by mail.

Food Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Labatt Food Service in July 2011.

The hiring coordinator tries to interview and hire people she can picture herself being friends with.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Labatt Food Service in June 2011.

Applied and got a call shortly later to drive over for an in-person interview. Wasn't too interested in the company to begin with due to the industry, but I decided to give it a shot as it advertised solid pay for straight out of college. Had to bring transcripts and a writing sample, which I thought was a bit odd for this position. When I arrived, I had to take a written personality test followed by an application on the computer that seemed quite redundant with the application materials I was already providing. Afterwards, I filled out yet another form that seemed redundant. Finally, I went in for a 1:1 interview with HR rep. All questions were asked from a standard sheet. She obnoxiously looked down my transcript and asked about some of the classes I didn't do as well in. Many of the other questions seemed pretty redundant based on my answers from earlier questions. The interview was quite boring to the point where I actually had trouble answering the question "why do you want this position?" towards the end. I don't remember there being any tricky questions.

Overall, it just felt like a waste of time and I definitely did not shed any tears when I was not selected. Although the pay is good and the company seems reliable, it's located in a really ugly part of San Antonio and the company doesn't seem to want to expand.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Labatt Food Service in June 2011.

Applied June 2011. Received phone call a few days later asking to setup an on-site interview in San Antonio and to bring writing sample and college transcript. Found the transcript part to be a bit weird.

On-site, they had me fill out some stuff on a computer with some other people applying for trucker jobs. Interview was pretty dull. Realized after about 5 minutes that I didn't want the job, especially with the business being in a mediocre part of town. Mainly went over resume and asked scripted questions about jobs I had 5 years previously while in high school. Overall a pretty wooden interview and just wasn't for me.

I have heard pay is decent though.

Interview Questions
    • What was your least favorite job and why? (this was right after I had communicated I only had 2 jobs previously when I was asked what my favorite job was)   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Labatt Food Service in October 2010.

I had a very negative experience at Labatt. I interviewed with 4 different people, had to submit a writing sample, had to complete a separate writing sample in 30 mins, had to complete a personality test, and was asked several of the same questions over and over again by the different people. They also forgot about me in a room for almost 2 hours because they went on their lunch break. It was a VERY negative and unprofessional experience which I hope was atypical for them because it really turned me off from them, but I really liked the position so I was willing to stick it out and I was very cordial the whole time. However, after interviewing with 4 people, I was not offered the position. I hope future job applicants have much better interviewing experience here than I did.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Labatt Food Service in April 2010.

Had a phone interview first. Went in to have an interview with the hiring coordinator, which was very text book, dry, and predictable. It's like she was a robot and was reading out of a book. Had a final interview in the main building with more repetitive and dry questions. Nothing dynamic about my interviews at all.

Interview Questions
    • What extracurricular activities did you do in college?   Answer Question
    • Why did you answer this question on the personality test this way...   Answer Question