Labatt Food Service Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Labatt Food Service in July 2014.

I got to the campus for the interview and was surprised to find everyone still out to lunch and had to wait for a bit before someone was there to let me in. I then filled out a form about work history and other standard stuff. I went and interviewed with a HR person who assessed my personality and general qualifications. Then I went and interviewed with the media team there in the office. The lead seemed fine, but one of the members of the team who asked most of the technical questions seemed to be rather hostile from the start of the interview. Overall it was a mediocre experience.

Interview Questions
  • What is your career goal?
    How good are you at adobe premiere on a scale of 1 - 10?
    Are you the kind of person who will challenge me, or do what you are told?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Labatt Food Service

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Labatt Food Service in October 2012.

I applied online and got a call nearly immediately. I was interviewed by an interviewer who asked only HR type of questions and who didn't work in software development. She had terrible listening skills. Examples: Just after telling her about getting Dean's list, she immediately asked me if I got any academic awards such as "dean's list." I repeated my answer and then told her that I got another award based on my major GPA and hours taken. She then asked me how did the students "vote" for my award. It wasn't a vote. I had to repeat how it was an award based on grades. I had to repeat everything because she failed to listen. She made assumptions and even argued with me. Another example: She asked me why I didn't want to move into a software developer position at my previous employment and insisted that she knew my previous employment had software developers. I had to repeat the reason leaving, they've outsourced everything and there are no positions there anymore. Then she asked me what is a good reason to leave an employer. I gave a general answer but put forth that I'm the kind of person who wants to stay at a company. She sent me a rejection letter. There really isn't a good reason to reject me. I graduated top of my class, I've never missed a day of work, I've never been late, I'm great at what I do, perfect record (even driving record), people love me and my work ethic, I keep my job for years....The only reason I wouldn't be a "fit" is because the whole interview process is seriously dumb. I wasn't asked any technical questions nor was I tested on my skill. Apparently, they want software developers who are liked by an HR interviewer who earned a Communications degree in college. Seriously?!?! Was listening skills not required for that major?

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Labatt Food Service in March 2011.

I attended an info session for National Instruments. They liked my resume and my code portfolio and told me to stop by the job fair to obtain an interview slot. I did, and received an interview. The interview was behavioral with two technical questions. The person who gave me the interview was present while an associate interviewed me. The associate was nervous, stammered, and seemed very uncomfortable giving the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Given a C++ struct, write code to take the average of a binary tree.   Answer Question