Labatt Food Service

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Labatt Food Service in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call nearly immediately. I was interviewed by an interviewer who asked only HR type of questions and who didn't work in software development. She had terrible listening skills. Examples: Just after telling her about getting Dean's list, she immediately asked me if I got any academic awards such as "dean's list." I repeated my answer and then told her that I got another award based on my major GPA and hours taken. She then asked me how did the students "vote" for my award. It wasn't a vote. I had to repeat how it was an award based on grades. I had to repeat everything because she failed to listen. She made assumptions and even argued with me. Another example: She asked me why I didn't want to move into a software developer position at my previous employment and insisted that she knew my previous employment had software developers. I had to repeat the reason leaving, they've outsourced everything and there are no positions there anymore. Then she asked me what is a good reason to leave an employer. I gave a general answer but put forth that I'm the kind of person who wants to stay at a company. She sent me a rejection letter. There really isn't a good reason to reject me. I graduated top of my class, I've never missed a day of work, I've never been late, I'm great at what I do, perfect record (even driving record), people love me and my work ethic, I keep my job for years....The only reason I wouldn't be a "fit" is because the whole interview process is seriously dumb. I wasn't asked any technical questions nor was I tested on my skill. Apparently, they want software developers who are liked by an HR interviewer who earned a Communications degree in college. Seriously?!?! Was listening skills not required for that major?

Interview Question – What is your spouse's name and ages of your kid(s)?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Labatt Food Service in March 2011.

Interview Details – I attended an info session for National Instruments. They liked my resume and my code portfolio and told me to stop by the job fair to obtain an interview slot. I did, and received an interview. The interview was behavioral with two technical questions. The person who gave me the interview was present while an associate interviewed me. The associate was nervous, stammered, and seemed very uncomfortable giving the interview.

Interview Question – Given a C++ struct, write code to take the average of a binary tree.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Labatt Food Service

Worked for Labatt Food Service? Contribute to the Community!