Labatt

Updated Nov 5, 2014

3.3

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Labatt in April 2010.

The interview started with a few packets of personality tests and applications. The applications were very repetitive. The company already had a copy of my resume, yet I still had to fill out the information on a paper. The personality tests were typical-simply pick the word that best describes you. After 30 minutes of filling out paperwork and waiting the interviewer took me into her office. I had to bring a transcript of all my classes in college.
    The woman proceeded to look at EVERY class I had ever taken in college. She questioned some of the classes that were not favorable grades (which were mainly science classes- that I am not particularly good at). After that, she went down my resume and asked me about all my extra-curriculars in college and what was difficult about them. Then, she went over all of my jobs and asked me similar questions of why I liked and didn't like the jobs.
    In my opinion, the woman interviewing had no personality and would not interact appropriately during the interview. All the questions were just read off a piece of paper and she never responded to my answers. I do not expect to be best friends with with interviewer but a little bit of feedback on my answers would be nice. The interview situation was socially awkward. I did not get a second interview-so maybe they knew from the start that I was not the right candidate for the position. Regardless, I felt very confused and annoyed after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult job you have ever had to do?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Labatt in April 2010.

So many stupid applications and personality tests. It was like filling out an application for a part time job as if they hadn't even looked at my resume. The initial interview was awkward because all of the questions were read from a list. Very similar process to what the previous interviewee went through.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 good reasons to leave a job?   Answer Question
    • What organizations were in you involved with in college? What did you like and dislike about them?   Answer Question
    • What did you like and dislike about all of your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

After the initial application, I was invited to do the case. You have 30 minutes to do the case, so be wary of the objectives the case indicate and remember to have rough numbers. The case was as described by previous interviewees. Only thing I would recommend is to think of a creative marketing campaign for the two seasonal beers they ask you to select.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Labatt? Why are you a better candidate than the others?   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Labatt.

I had to do 2 online tests before I got an interview. It took them around a month and a half to get back to me with one. For the interview, they gave me case where I had to read about 10 pages. They ask you to perform a competition analysis, marketing campaign, and defend your decision on what 2 beers they should introduce in the next few months. It was a lot of analysis and reading for the time allotted, so it can be stressful for the first time around.

Interview Questions
    • How would you dress the beers for your marketing campaign?   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

Started with a conference at my school where they explaned the process and where we had time to ask questions. I asked questions and they took my name on a card (don't know if it helped).
    After that I did the online application. One week later I had an interview where I had to resolve a case in 30 minutes consisting of a financial analysis and a marketing campaign and then present it. 2 hours later they contacted me to do an interview (traditional one).
    Tips: be confident, do quick calculations, be prepare.

Global Management Trainee Interview

Applied online via campus career site. Next step was the online verbal reasoning test. Was asked to perform an intense case interview (20 mins prep) and had a behavioral Interview the day after.

Global Management Trainee Interview

Applied and two weeks after, I got an email for Skype Case Interview.
    Case wasn't hard. After I passed that round, I was asked for 1:1 interview. Thought it went well but, didn't work out.

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Labatt in October 2014.

The hiring process is fairly long and involves multiple stages. The first step will be a case interview.
    You will be given 25-30 minutes to read through a case (~9 pages) and prepare your answer. There is a lot of information and the purpose of the case is to overwhelm you. The whole process is nerve-racking but do your best not let this happen.

The case was a set of emails between you and your manager involving information about current product portfolio.
    - You are told that your competition is launching new seasonal products.
    - You are asked to select two products from the list provided; given (capacity, costs etc)
    - You are given current capacity, and asked to choose two products while ensuring capacity is maximized and you and incorporating increased material costs of the new products
    - You are also asked to come up with a creative marketing campaign to support the launch of these products (You can prepare for this in advance)
    - Solution should increase revenue by 28%

Then you will be asked to give a 7 minute presentation to two Labatt employees, who will then question your solution/numbers.
    - After their questions on the case they might ask you why Labatt/Global Management Trainee etc...

Yes, there is way too much to actually finish in the time they give you. They do this to overwhelm you and see how you react. I recommend trying to get some numbers (simple math) for the capacity constraints down and the rest you can wing a lot of the other stuff. You can prepare for the marketing concepts in advance.

They will contact you later that day and let you know if you have been selected to come back in the next day for a behavioral interview.

If you pass that you will go to their assessment center for a full day.

Final stage is an interview in St.Louis with their senior management .

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Labatt in October 2014.

After applying online and completing an online logic test, I was invited to participate in a case study interview.Case Study involved selecting 2 new products to add to the portfolio based on capacity limitations, projected revenue, costs and competition. Prep was 30 mins. I was then given 7 mins to present and 8 mins of behavioral questions by 2 representatives

Global Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Labatt in October 2014.

First had to go through an easy logical reasoning test. After passing that there was a case interview with 30 min prep time and then a case pitch to two interviewers who would then ask you questions. After that there was 2:1 structural interview with basic behavioral questions regarding your past experiences. After that if you are successful there, then you are invited to the ABinBev day in Toronto where you do cases in teams with other applicants. Then after that you meet with the most senior person in Canada and interview with them. Finally, there is a panel interview in St. Louis. The nice thing about this whole thing was the casual attitude of the whole process.