Labatt Interview Questions

3.3

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Labatt in April 2010.

So many stupid applications and personality tests. It was like filling out an application for a part time job as if they hadn't even looked at my resume. The initial interview was awkward because all of the questions were read from a list. Very similar process to what the previous interviewee went through.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 good reasons to leave a job?   Answer Question
    • What organizations were in you involved with in college? What did you like and dislike about them?   Answer Question
    • What did you like and dislike about all of your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Labatt in April 2010.

The interview started with a few packets of personality tests and applications. The applications were very repetitive. The company already had a copy of my resume, yet I still had to fill out the information on a paper. The personality tests were typical-simply pick the word that best describes you. After 30 minutes of filling out paperwork and waiting the interviewer took me into her office. I had to bring a transcript of all my classes in college.
    The woman proceeded to look at EVERY class I had ever taken in college. She questioned some of the classes that were not favorable grades (which were mainly science classes- that I am not particularly good at). After that, she went down my resume and asked me about all my extra-curriculars in college and what was difficult about them. Then, she went over all of my jobs and asked me similar questions of why I liked and didn't like the jobs.
    In my opinion, the woman interviewing had no personality and would not interact appropriately during the interview. All the questions were just read off a piece of paper and she never responded to my answers. I do not expect to be best friends with with interviewer but a little bit of feedback on my answers would be nice. The interview situation was socially awkward. I did not get a second interview-so maybe they knew from the start that I was not the right candidate for the position. Regardless, I felt very confused and annoyed after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult job you have ever had to do?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kelowna, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Labatt in April 2014.

Overall Unprofessional Hiring Process - Submitted my resume for the position available and within about 3-4 weeks received an email from the local hiring manager to set up a meeting. We met the following week at a coffee shop. The Interviewer was the Local Territory Manager for the area. We had a pleasant conversation and basically just went through my resume and what would be expected in the job. I left that interview with a good feeling and the Interviewer said she would be in contact with me within 5-7 business days.

12 Days go by and no call or emails from the interviewer.....I basically decided to move on....on day 13 I received a call from a People Development Specialist for Labatt based out of Vancouver. He mentioned me wanted to call me back later that day and have a Conference Call with another Labatts department manager and have a telephone interview style conversation. He had called at 9:00AM and we scheduled the call back at 2:00PM.

2:00PM- No Call
    2:15PM- No Call
    2:30PM -No Call

2:47PM -Call came in, he apologized as they were "running behind" The interview started with an introduction and then they cut right to the chase. "What is your salary expectation ?" I replied with a Salary of 45,000$-55,000$ (as what I read about the job should be compensated) .....I was instantly shot back at with "This job only pays $15/HR, didn't anyone explain that to you?"

Anyway we went back and forth asking about previous employment, why I had left other jobs ect....but the overall experience with both of these people on the telephone was all out rude and unprofessional. They often tried to make you feel as though you were trying out for an olympic hockey team and being told you were only good enough for the minor leagues not even the NHL ......

My qualifications for the position were far beyond the requirements and the interviewers often made you feel as though your qualifications were not sufficient. If you had sales experience they would tell you that you didn't "until proven" ect.....

When the interview was over he said they needed time to think over the interview and would be in touch with me by the end of the week (4-Days).

13 Days later - after once again I had given up on the position from not hearing anything I received a call. The same guy from the people development team. He was offering me the position yet he continued to mention it only pays $15/HR but he was unsure of what the position would now be "as they still needed to decide that".....you would think they would have figured this out before they called.....guess not.

I decided right there that the position was not for me due to the clear unprofessionalism and mis management that I had already seen just from the interview process. With the inability to get their crap together just went to show me what I would be working for going forward and it was enough to pass on the position even though they were low balling me for salary.

Beware this company tends to post a salary that would likely attract more qualified candidates (Diploma or Degree Grads) They then try to squeeze every penny out of your salary expectations by lowballing an offer at least 25%-35% lower then you should take. Once they see who is still interested, they then go about "Redefining" the position or the pay....I know for a fact I'm not the only one they have pulled this on as a friend went through roughly the same process in eastern Canada.

Interview Questions

Poor Salary, Inconsistent management, unprofessional interview, unrealistic expectations

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

1st round - Impromptu Phone Interview, where preliminary questions, such as "strengths/weaknesses" and "salary expectations"

2nd round - Face to face, probing questions, behavioural questions, proficiency examination

3rd round - Business Case study, presentation, 24hours to complete

4th round - General Interview with VP

Interview Questions
    • Business Case, 24 hours to complete with analysis, presentation and slides   Answer Question
    LIttle negotiation

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Labatt in July 2011.

My interview is from a couple years ago, but I remember it very clearly. I was contacted for an initial phone interview. During that phone interview, the HR person was quite impatient and constantly interrupting and sighing on the phone, to the point that it was very distracting and led me to believe that either she had already determined I was not a fit, or, I was wasting her time. However, it stagnated on for a full hour; after which, they sent me a next step of completing a test. At that point in time, I was left with a bad impression of the team already and had declined next steps. The test was an outsourced questionnaire on personality or working styles.

Interview Questions
    • They made it very clear that in order to progress a HR career here, you would have to relocate from Vancouver to Edmonton in the future.   View Answer

Bdp Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Labatt.

There was a series of interviews starting with an online situational assessment, then an in-person interview with two people from HR, then further case studies and interviews. Most of the interview questions were standard and situational so they test how you would react to stressful situations.

Brewery Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Labatt in October 2013.

Applied online through the AB InBev /Labatt website for the Brewery Development Program (application was due September 30th 2013). Sometime after that (next 1-3 days), I was asked (though e-mail) to complete an online reasoning/IQ assessment test. On October 4th 2013, I received an e-mail asking which of the several day and time spots would be best for me to come in for a 1:1 interview (interviews were scheduled in 1 hour time slots and there were 8 time slots on each of the four days.. However, once I got to the interview, I realized there were several interviews schedule in the same time slots just with different interviewers.. So I am not sure how many people were asked to come in for an interview). The dress code was said to be 'casual - we invite you to dress as we do' in the interview e-mail (however, I advise still dressing professionally. thankfully I did.. My interviewers were dressed professionally as well).

The interview was held in Toronto on October 8th, 2013, at the Labatt HQ (however, I had a choice of going to London to one of their breweries as well). I should have chosen to have my interview at the brewery in London instead because my interviewers in Toronto were recruiters, so when I was explaining my technical experience, they did not seem to follow, and didn't write any notes down either, which makes me think it went right over their heads (which was unfortunate because my technical background was what I had to offer). Overall, the interviewers (there were two of them) asked some general behavioural questions but also some very tough questions that were not related to my degree (I have a science background and they asked questions like "If you could suggest an improvement in ABInBev's marketing, what would it be?").

Lastly, I want to comment on the interview situation itself. The interviewers were two very nice women (they were nice and welcoming when I first came in). The interview was held in a tiny room with a sliding glass door that had just a restaurant-style cubby seat (two benches with table in middle). As the interview went on, the room got very hot which made me feel uncomfortable. Additionally, since it was restaurant-style seating, the interviewers were sitting across from me but were in reality very close which was a bit uncomfortable when they would ask a question and I'd pause before answering.. They'd be staring right at me until I answered, and them being only 2 feet away from my face made the whole experience quite intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • If Labatt gave you a million dollars with the condition that you'd have to pay it back in 3 years, what would you do with it?   View Answer

MBA Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Labatt.

2 rounds behavioural

No negotiation

Brewery Development Program Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Labatt.

Applied online and was asked to complete an online reasoning test. Was later contacted for a phone interview. The interviewer called 1.5 hours later than scheduled, with no explanation, interview was a standard behavioural interview. Apart from the late start the interviewer was pretty good, and very willing to answer my question. A couple weeks after my interview, I was told I was being taken out of the running for the Brewery Development Program and being considered for a different position, but never heard anything further. Tried to follow-up several times with no response.

Global Management Trainee Interview

After passing the logic reasoning test, there was a formal invite to attend a case study interview. Candidates were given half hour to work on a case study and prepare a 7 minute presentation for two current employees. After presenting your solutions, there were questions one why you made certain decisions and then a couple basic interview questions such as "Tell us about yourself" and "Why are you the best candidate" etc.

Interview Questions

Worked for Labatt? Contribute to the Community!