Labcyte

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Senior R&D Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Labcyte.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume via e-mail. The hiring manager contacted me to request a phone interview. Once the phone interview started, the manager asked a few technical questions. The manager asked me to go for an onsite interview. I have to give a 30-min talk and meet with 10+ people in 30-min blocks, sometimes paired. The onsite interview lasts one full day.

Interview Question – An engineer asks very technical questions, central to their technology. The questions involve physics, electronics, and signal processing in a very conceptual way.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Labcyte in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview was a phone interview with engineering manager. After that, was called in for one hour face to face. Engineeringmanager was a great guy, very friendly and seasoned engineer. Next was a separate visit for several hours to interview with about 5 people. Majority of people were very friendly and refreshing that the top level management wanted to make sure I would have enough interesting work.

Interview Question – One of the engineers/ scientist was very focussed on Design Of Experiments, systems engineering, and had me draw a schematic of an example. Not my area of expertise, and felt like it would be something I'd pick up after a couple days of working with him (moslty looking to see if you think like him).   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined becasue the work content is more limited than I like. I prefer lots of variety so stuck with a consulting firm. Good work if you like to focus in on a particular project and maintain/ grow that particular OEM product.

Worked for Labcyte? Contribute to the Community!