Labor Ready Branch Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Labor Ready in June 2010.

Behavioral Screening, Drug Screening, Background Screening, Reference Checks, etc. When interviewing for this position be ready with the operations numbers and goals that you have for the specific branch you are being interviewed for. NOI improvement is the biggest point to drive home. Take everything into account and bring reasonable numbers to your interview.

Interview Questions
  • Role Playing a customer cold call with top management, they try to throw a lot of curve balls.   View Answer
Only a week-long affair. I gave them a number, they said not a chance so I countered and after a week, they said okay.

Other Interview Reviews for Labor Ready

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in March 2010.

The process was nerve wrecking but worth it.
    I prepared for 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Name some challenge you have faced and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    easy it is across the board pay scale and you have the opportunity to bonus really good if you work hard which I did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Labor Ready in November 2009.

Fairly Simple - Met with Regional Manager once by phone and on 2 occasions in person.
    We reviewed: their needs and my qualifications, job descriptions, upline management's style, performance expectations and compensation package.
    The lower level positions here [Branch Manager and below] do not have a rigirous interview process, and the higher positions are overwhelmingly promote from within.

Interview Questions
    • How will your skills translate into the open position here?   Answer Question
    Universal: Base salary, structured commission and benefits. No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in September 2010.

Recieved a phone call as my resume was reviewed. Date time of phone interview was established. Phone interview conducted (comprehensive). Second phone interview. One on one interview, background investigation paperwork. Criminal and credit investigation. One-up interview. re-interview with manager, offer letter. Hire. 30 days of training at a training branch.

N/A

Branch Manager Interview

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Labor Ready in April 2010.

After submitting my resume I had a phone interview with the District Manager (DM). Next was a call from HR, where I took an over the phone aptitude test. Then I had a face to face meeting with the DM, followed by phone interviews with an Area Sales Manager and then the Area Vice President. Finally I met the DM again to go out in the field and do presentations. I then had a full background check run and was finally offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your biggest professional failure. What did you learn from it? How would you have handled it differently?   Answer Question
    There is a flat salary for each position in the company.

Branch Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in July 2008.

Phone interview, followed by face to face with hiring manager (area manager)...then interview with co-worker (branch manager from another branch). Drug test, credit check, background check, personality profile.

The interview was laid back for me. They really wanted to see your personality and what you bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone urinated on the branch floor?   View Answer
    Slightly...there is a base salary range for everyone coming into that role depending on location. I obtained the higher base and the other benefits were great so I didn't really have to negotiate anything that I wasn't happy with.

Worked for Labor Ready? Contribute to the Community!