Labor Ready Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

1.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Labor Ready.

easy, no trick questions. I had to ask if they drug tested. It appears to not matter to them. Two in person interviews. One with branch manager and one with district manager.

Interview Questions
I was told that I would be canvassing for new business and receive commissions. That never happened. I asked a coworker about pay increases after the probationary period, she just laughed!

Other Interview Reviews for Labor Ready

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in September 2010.

Was very easy and laid back as a conversation based interview questions were direct and very informational about my previous job experience and how to handle difficult situations and how I would handle them.

Interview Questions
    • If I could be strict and stern with temporary workers   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in November 2012.

1st Step- Phone Interview with someone from Corporate. 2nd Step - Interview at location in Kenmore, NY with Branch Manager. 3rd Step- Received offer via email - no phone call. Had to wait weeks until everyone was back from vacation. Had to stop at office a few times because they misplaced my new hire paperwork.

Not Much..You start at $11.40 per hour..the most they will pay.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Labor Ready.

The interview process isn't anything difficult, once you have been contacted by a recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the company to help the success.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, accepted the job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Solon, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in June 2012.

I had two interviews for a manager position and one for CSR. They were all behavioral interviews and the second for the manager role was panel. REAL nice folks.

Interview Questions
    • No hardball questions, just be prepared for behavioral, panel, oh and an observational interview where you observe the operation then they ask you your opinions.   Answer Question
    there was not a negotiation, they pay the max in their range for obvious talent. all pay is determined by "zones" of the country.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in October 2012.

The hiring process took a few weeks, but I personally thought that was a good thing, because they took the time to get to know me and to make sure I was a good fit for the company and that the company was a good fit for me. I got to do an observation during the Branch busy time (morning dispatch) and that was a great experience. I interviewed with the Branch Manager first, then the Corporate HR representative, then met with the Disrict Manager on 2 different occassions. They really took the time to make sure I was the right person for the job

Interview Questions
    • I had no difficult or unexpected questions from any of my interview process   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my wage at a very fair price. Although this is not always the case, depends on how much experience you have and the first impressions you make.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Labor Ready in May 2008.

Applied online, was called in to the branch by the manager and interview. Then got a call from corporate to have a phone interview asking the same questions. Easy interview that focused more on why I needed a job than why I was qualified for the position.

Interview Questions
    • How many stop lights are there on the island of Manhattan   View Answer
    Offered position, asked for higher wages and was told that they would look elsewhere if I did not accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Central Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Labor Ready in August 2010.

First, you'll meet with the branch manager and probably one or more CSR's in the office. The company provides a list of acceptable questions and gives each manager some flexibility in the questions, but they have to ask the same questions to each candidate to avoid any chance of bias or discrimination. It's all the cliche questions like Describe a time you faced adversity? and How often have you been late to work in the past two years? If you pass that interview you'll have a meeting with the district manager, and if you pass the DM then you're in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to face adversity in the workplace or at school?   Answer Question
    • Describe your ability to multi-task and work in a stressful environment. Give examples.   Answer Question
    Little negotiation is possible. They usually list an hourly range in the job posting, but you'll most likely start at the bottom of that range. The company keeps the pay range pretty consistent across the region, so a good wage in one location may not be as good in a more expensive location with a higher cost of living.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in August 2011.

I initially met with the branch manager for an interview and was then contacted by the HR department for a second interview. The manager let me know very shortly I was accepted for the position and would need to submit my paperwork for backcheck and credential checks. This process took over a month

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, standard starting wage and doesn't increase much

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alabama (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alabama (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Labor Ready in January 2011.

After applying online through Career Builder, the corporate office contacts you for phone interview. About a week later the hiring manager will call to set up an interview. Nothing is filled out at the time of the interview. If they are interested in hiring you, they will call you back to come in the office 2-3 days later. Once you go into the office, you will fill out background check paperwork. Once they receive the results, you will be offered the position. Pretty fast process once the phone interview takes place. No drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience with people of poor backgrounds?   View Answer
    No negotiating. Hourly rate is firm.

Worked for Labor Ready? Contribute to the Community!