Labor Ready Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

1.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Labor Ready.

I had both a phone interview and interview in person. The basis of the job seemed easy, provide minimal skilled employees to companies looking for low cost labor. The branch manager was friendly, but I feel she was under qualified for the position she held. The rest of the staff was helpful, but the position was never full explained in the interview or hiring process.

Interview Questions
  • The job was all about providing a service to other companies, so the most difficult part of the interview was a cold call process about how to sell labor.   Answer Question
They made an offer, I countered, we agreed in the middle.

Other Interview Reviews for Labor Ready

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Labor Ready.

easy, no trick questions. I had to ask if they drug tested. It appears to not matter to them. Two in person interviews. One with branch manager and one with district manager.

Interview Questions
    I was told that I would be canvassing for new business and receive commissions. That never happened. I asked a coworker about pay increases after the probationary period, she just laughed!

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Labor Ready.

The interview process isn't anything difficult, once you have been contacted by a recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the company to help the success.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, accepted the job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Labor Ready in November 2012.

1st Step- Phone Interview with someone from Corporate. 2nd Step - Interview at location in Kenmore, NY with Branch Manager. 3rd Step- Received offer via email - no phone call. Had to wait weeks until everyone was back from vacation. Had to stop at office a few times because they misplaced my new hire paperwork.

Not Much..You start at $11.40 per hour..the most they will pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Labor Ready in October 2012.

The hiring process took a few weeks, but I personally thought that was a good thing, because they took the time to get to know me and to make sure I was a good fit for the company and that the company was a good fit for me. I got to do an observation during the Branch busy time (morning dispatch) and that was a great experience. I interviewed with the Branch Manager first, then the Corporate HR representative, then met with the Disrict Manager on 2 different occassions. They really took the time to make sure I was the right person for the job

Interview Questions
    • I had no difficult or unexpected questions from any of my interview process   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my wage at a very fair price. Although this is not always the case, depends on how much experience you have and the first impressions you make.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Labor Ready in June 2012.

I had two interviews for a manager position and one for CSR. They were all behavioral interviews and the second for the manager role was panel. REAL nice folks.

Interview Questions
    • No hardball questions, just be prepared for behavioral, panel, oh and an observational interview where you observe the operation then they ask you your opinions.   Answer Question
    there was not a negotiation, they pay the max in their range for obvious talent. all pay is determined by "zones" of the country.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Labor Ready in September 2010.

Was very easy and laid back as a conversation based interview questions were direct and very informational about my previous job experience and how to handle difficult situations and how I would handle them.

Interview Questions
    • If I could be strict and stern with temporary workers   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Labor Ready in August 2010.

First, you'll meet with the branch manager and probably one or more CSR's in the office. The company provides a list of acceptable questions and gives each manager some flexibility in the questions, but they have to ask the same questions to each candidate to avoid any chance of bias or discrimination. It's all the cliche questions like Describe a time you faced adversity? and How often have you been late to work in the past two years? If you pass that interview you'll have a meeting with the district manager, and if you pass the DM then you're in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to face adversity in the workplace or at school?   Answer Question
    • Describe your ability to multi-task and work in a stressful environment. Give examples.   Answer Question
    Little negotiation is possible. They usually list an hourly range in the job posting, but you'll most likely start at the bottom of that range. The company keeps the pay range pretty consistent across the region, so a good wage in one location may not be as good in a more expensive location with a higher cost of living.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Labor Ready in May 2008.

Applied online, was called in to the branch by the manager and interview. Then got a call from corporate to have a phone interview asking the same questions. Easy interview that focused more on why I needed a job than why I was qualified for the position.

Interview Questions
    • How many stop lights are there on the island of Manhattan   View Answer
    Offered position, asked for higher wages and was told that they would look elsewhere if I did not accept.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Labor Ready in August 2011.

I initially met with the branch manager for an interview and was then contacted by the HR department for a second interview. The manager let me know very shortly I was accepted for the position and would need to submit my paperwork for backcheck and credential checks. This process took over a month

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, standard starting wage and doesn't increase much