Labor Ready

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Akron, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in September 2010.

Interview Details – Was very easy and laid back as a conversation based interview questions were direct and very informational about my previous job experience and how to handle difficult situations and how I would handle them.

Interview Question – If I could be strict and stern with temporary workers   View Answer

Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in November 2012.

Interview Details – 1st Step- Phone Interview with someone from Corporate. 2nd Step - Interview at location in Kenmore, NY with Branch Manager. 3rd Step- Received offer via email - no phone call. Had to wait weeks until everyone was back from vacation. Had to stop at office a few times because they misplaced my new hire paperwork.

Negotiation Details – Not Much..You start at $11.40 per hour..the most they will pay.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview Details – The interview process isn't anything difficult, once you have been contacted by a recruiter.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the company to help the success.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, accepted the job offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solon, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had two interviews for a manager position and one for CSR. They were all behavioral interviews and the second for the manager role was panel. REAL nice folks.

Interview Question – No hardball questions, just be prepared for behavioral, panel, oh and an observational interview where you observe the operation then they ask you your opinions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was not a negotiation, they pay the max in their range for obvious talent. all pay is determined by "zones" of the country.

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in October 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process took a few weeks, but I personally thought that was a good thing, because they took the time to get to know me and to make sure I was a good fit for the company and that the company was a good fit for me. I got to do an observation during the Branch busy time (morning dispatch) and that was a great experience. I interviewed with the Branch Manager first, then the Corporate HR representative, then met with the Disrict Manager on 2 different occassions. They really took the time to make sure I was the right person for the job

Interview Question – I had no difficult or unexpected questions from any of my interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my wage at a very fair price. Although this is not always the case, depends on how much experience you have and the first impressions you make.

Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Labor Ready in May 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online, was called in to the branch by the manager and interview. Then got a call from corporate to have a phone interview asking the same questions. Easy interview that focused more on why I needed a job than why I was qualified for the position.

Interview Question – How many stop lights are there on the island of Manhattan   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offered position, asked for higher wages and was told that they would look elsewhere if I did not accept.

Central Valley, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Labor Ready in August 2010.

Interview Details – First, you'll meet with the branch manager and probably one or more CSR's in the office. The company provides a list of acceptable questions and gives each manager some flexibility in the questions, but they have to ask the same questions to each candidate to avoid any chance of bias or discrimination. It's all the cliche questions like Describe a time you faced adversity? and How often have you been late to work in the past two years? If you pass that interview you'll have a meeting with the district manager, and if you pass the DM then you're in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to face adversity in the workplace or at school?   Answer Question
  • Describe your ability to multi-task and work in a stressful environment. Give examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation is possible. They usually list an hourly range in the job posting, but you'll most likely start at the bottom of that range. The company keeps the pay range pretty consistent across the region, so a good wage in one location may not be as good in a more expensive location with a higher cost of living.

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in August 2011.

Interview Details – I initially met with the branch manager for an interview and was then contacted by the HR department for a second interview. The manager let me know very shortly I was accepted for the position and would need to submit my paperwork for backcheck and credential checks. This process took over a month

Interview Question – Tell me why you want to work in customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, standard starting wage and doesn't increase much

Alabama (South Africa)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Labor Ready in January 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online through Career Builder, the corporate office contacts you for phone interview. About a week later the hiring manager will call to set up an interview. Nothing is filled out at the time of the interview. If they are interested in hiring you, they will call you back to come in the office 2-3 days later. Once you go into the office, you will fill out background check paperwork. Once they receive the results, you will be offered the position. Pretty fast process once the phone interview takes place. No drug screening.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience with people of poor backgrounds?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Hourly rate is firm.

Worked for Labor Ready? Contribute to the Community!