Labor Ready Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Labor Ready (Woodinville, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their website using a link from my local unemployment offices job list. Two days later I got an email saying they liked my resume and wanted to set up a phone interview. Got the first one set up at 11 am for two days later. I sat and waited and got no phone call, 12:45 I called the number that was in the email and left a message. Got an email later that day with an apology and to reschedule the interview for the following day at 10:30 am. At 11:12 I finally got the call and they apologized, stating that the alert didn't pop up to call me. It didn't sound like they knew what they were doing. I asked some questions about what the job schedule was like and after the question was answered, I was placed on hold.

When told about the job duties, I was told I would be on call when not working my shift. The part about being on call had not been on the listing when I applied or I wouldn't have applied. It also didn't make sense to have a CSR on call and when asked about it, I was given different answers that all sounded like they don't want to take the time to properly staff the company.

When I was asked if I understood what the job duties were, I told them that I wasn't. I was then told to read the job listing and research the company and if I was still wanting the job to email them and reschedule another interview.

Interview Questions

I will not be working for them and have sent an email stating that it was because of poor interviewing and not properly listing job duties in the job listing I applied for.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chehalis, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Labor Ready (Chehalis, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

This was a detailed interview and very pleasant. Essential job functions describes the duties and responsibilities of this position. A job function is considered essential when the performance of the function is the purpose for the position. Typically, an essential function occupies a significant amount of time of the employee’s time and requires specialized skills to perform. By accurately describing the essential functions of the job, I had a clear understanding of the role and the expectations for performing them.

Interview Questions

• Why I have not worked for so long   1 Answer

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Labor Ready (Pontiac, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Just fill out application and have High School Diploma. Be available every morning by 6:30. Make sure you have boots and Contact information so Dispatch can reach if needed. Arrive at assignments on time and greet the other party to let them know my company is here to help.

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Labor Ready (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

There's not really a formal interview, since they hire most anyone who wants to work. You've got to pass a simple safety test that doesn't require any studying. It's mostly common sense questions about not putting yourself or anyone else in danger.

Interview Questions

• What do you have experience doing?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview

I had both a phone interview and interview in person. The basis of the job seemed easy, provide minimal skilled employees to companies looking for low cost labor. The branch manager was friendly, but I feel she was under qualified for the position she held. The rest of the staff was helpful, but the position was never full explained in the interview or hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The job was all about providing a service to other companies, so the most difficult part of the interview was a cold call process about how to sell labor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer, I countered, we agreed in the middle.

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview

The hiring process was good. I started as a Customer Service Rep. from a previous Branch in Alexandria, Va. and worked my way up to Branch Manager. The interview went well. Always remember to be polite and honest. The Branch Manager that interviewed me at the time was very professional, very polite.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Labor Ready (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

Orientation and safety quiz and what is to be expected from not only the employer but also the employee. Everything is spelled out either in the handbook or verbally stated. They are very big on safety and don't want their employees to get hurt at all. various clients (employers) need mostly general laborers for some type of cleanup (usually). Jobs can vary from construction site clean up to working at a retail store. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Application and safety quiz and questionairre about job skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no real negotiation involved. Daily labor daily pay outfit. Straight forward and clear cut. Either you accept the work or, they find someone else to.

Employee (Temporary Work) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Interview

Before going to the branch location, I spoke to someone from the Labor Ready call center and was told that this initial visit would take 1.5-2 hours, which I think ended up being right. When I went in, I was given a long behavioral survey to answer. I read some of their labor-related safety policies and answered questions about them.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any of the more difficult questions, but one of the questions that surprised me was something along the lines of, "Do you think it's alright to physically fight at work?"   Answer Question

Temporary Associate Interview

Interview

Just fill out paper work and answer questions on right and wrongs on a job. The packet is easy but thick so it will take about 30 mins to an hour depending on your academia. Once they process your paper work, which takes about 2 to 3 business days, then you'll be eligible to sign up for the jobs they have each morning.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever commit a crime or are you using drugs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview

easy, no trick questions. I had to ask if they drug tested. It appears to not matter to them. Two in person interviews. One with branch manager and one with district manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that I would be canvassing for new business and receive commissions. That never happened. I asked a coworker about pay increases after the probationary period, she just laughed!