Labor Ready

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Average Difficulty
31 candidate interviews

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in July 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by face to face with hiring manager (area manager)...then interview with co-worker (branch manager from another branch). Drug test, credit check, background check, personality profile.

The interview was laid back for me. They really wanted to see your personality and what you bring to the table.

Interview Question – What would you do if someone urinated on the branch floor?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Slightly...there is a base salary range for everyone coming into that role depending on location. I obtained the higher base and the other benefits were great so I didn't really have to negotiate anything that I wasn't happy with.

Branch Manager

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Labor Ready in April 2010.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume I had a phone interview with the District Manager (DM). Next was a call from HR, where I took an over the phone aptitude test. Then I had a face to face meeting with the DM, followed by phone interviews with an Area Sales Manager and then the Area Vice President. Finally I met the DM again to go out in the field and do presentations. I then had a full background check run and was finally offered the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about your biggest professional failure. What did you learn from it? How would you have handled it differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a flat salary for each position in the company.

Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Labor Ready in June 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral Screening, Drug Screening, Background Screening, Reference Checks, etc. When interviewing for this position be ready with the operations numbers and goals that you have for the specific branch you are being interviewed for. NOI improvement is the biggest point to drive home. Take everything into account and bring reasonable numbers to your interview.

Interview Question – Role Playing a customer cold call with top management, they try to throw a lot of curve balls.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Only a week-long affair. I gave them a number, they said not a chance so I countered and after a week, they said okay.

General Labor Interview

General Labor
Appleton, WI

I interviewed at Labor Ready in April 2014.

Interview Details – Takes forever to apply. Took me nearly 2 hours to fill out their applications and surveys and watch a DVD. Then I still had to come in for an interview.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Labor Ready in May 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process took three months. three phone interviews and one in person then one ride along with another manager. offices were dirty and management was shady always saying one thing and doing another.

Interview Question – I did not find any of the questions difficult but I was surprised when the bonus structure was explained and didn't add up.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Management would not keep their word, they would tell you what you wanted to hear then your job turned into 24/7 on call positions. Always getting yelled at for others mistakes and written up when upper management got a call.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in September 2010.

Interview Details – Recieved a phone call as my resume was reviewed. Date time of phone interview was established. Phone interview conducted (comprehensive). Second phone interview. One on one interview, background investigation paperwork. Criminal and credit investigation. One-up interview. re-interview with manager, offer letter. Hire. 30 days of training at a training branch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in March 2010.

Interview Details – The process was nerve wrecking but worth it.
I prepared for 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Name some challenge you have faced and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy it is across the board pay scale and you have the opportunity to bonus really good if you work hard which I did.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in August 2011.

Interview Details – I initially met with the branch manager for an interview and was then contacted by the HR department for a second interview. The manager let me know very shortly I was accepted for the position and would need to submit my paperwork for backcheck and credential checks. This process took over a month

Interview Question – Tell me why you want to work in customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, standard starting wage and doesn't increase much

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Solon, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had two interviews for a manager position and one for CSR. They were all behavioral interviews and the second for the manager role was panel. REAL nice folks.

Interview Question – No hardball questions, just be prepared for behavioral, panel, oh and an observational interview where you observe the operation then they ask you your opinions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was not a negotiation, they pay the max in their range for obvious talent. all pay is determined by "zones" of the country.

Laborer Interview

Laborer
Oceanside, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Labor Ready in May 2012.

Interview Details – Walked into the office to apply. Came back in a couple of weeks to fill out forms and take test. Was put to work roughly a month after initial contact.

Worked for Labor Ready? Contribute to the Community!