Labor Ready Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Woodinville, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their website using a link from my local unemployment offices job list. Two days later I got an email saying they liked my resume and wanted to set up a phone interview. Got the first one set up at 11 am for two days later. I sat and waited and got no phone call, 12:45 I called the number that was in the email and left a message. Got an email later that day with an apology and to reschedule the interview for the following day at 10:30 am. At 11:12 I finally got the call and they apologized, stating that the alert didn't pop up to call me. It didn't sound like they knew what they were doing. I asked some questions about what the job schedule was like and after the question was answered, I was placed on hold. When told about the job duties, I was told I would be on call when not working my shift. The part about being on call had not been on the listing when I applied or I wouldn't have applied. It also didn't make sense to have a CSR on call and when asked about it, I was given different answers that all sounded like they don't want to take the time to properly staff the company. When I was asked if I understood what the job duties were, I told them that I wasn't. I was then told to read the job listing and research the company and if I was still wanting the job to email them and reschedule another interview.

Interview Questions

I will not be working for them and have sent an email stating that it was because of poor interviewing and not properly listing job duties in the job listing I applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Altoona, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

Intensive, there were three different people to interview with. It was a bit daunting but definitely worth it in the end. The interview was very professional at each step. You learned a lot about the company and what they are all about before giving a final decision to accept an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you did not agree with your manager, how did you handle that.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Labor Ready in July 2008.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face with hiring manager (area manager)...then interview with co-worker (branch manager from another branch). Drug test, credit check, background check, personality profile. The interview was laid back for me. They really wanted to see your personality and what you bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone urinated on the branch floor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slightly...there is a base salary range for everyone coming into that role depending on location. I obtained the higher base and the other benefits were great so I didn't really have to negotiate anything that I wasn't happy with.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Labor Ready in April 2010.

Interview

After submitting my resume I had a phone interview with the District Manager (DM). Next was a call from HR, where I took an over the phone aptitude test. Then I had a face to face meeting with the DM, followed by phone interviews with an Area Sales Manager and then the Area Vice President. Finally I met the DM again to go out in the field and do presentations. I then had a full background check run and was finally offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest professional failure. What did you learn from it? How would you have handled it differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a flat salary for each position in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Roseville, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Behavioral Screening, Drug Screening, Background Screening, Reference Checks, etc. When interviewing for this position be ready with the operations numbers and goals that you have for the specific branch you are being interviewed for. NOI improvement is the biggest point to drive home. Take everything into account and bring reasonable numbers to your interview.

Interview Questions

• Role Playing a customer cold call with top management, they try to throw a lot of curve balls.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only a week-long affair. I gave them a number, they said not a chance so I countered and after a week, they said okay.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Labor Ready (San Antonio, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring process took three months. three phone interviews and one in person then one ride along with another manager. offices were dirty and management was shady always saying one thing and doing another.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the questions difficult but I was surprised when the bonus structure was explained and didn't add up.   1 Answer

Management would not keep their word, they would tell you what you wanted to hear then your job turned into 24/7 on call positions. Always getting yelled at for others mistakes and written up when upper management got a call.

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I interviewed at Labor Ready (Appleton, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

Takes forever to apply. Took me nearly 2 hours to fill out their applications and surveys and watch a DVD. Then I still had to come in for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Recieved a phone call as my resume was reviewed. Date time of phone interview was established. Phone interview conducted (comprehensive). Second phone interview. One on one interview, background investigation paperwork. Criminal and credit investigation. One-up interview. re-interview with manager, offer letter. Hire. 30 days of training at a training branch.

Interview Questions

• Experience Questions   1 Answer
    • Situational (Tell us about a time) interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Labor Ready (San Antonio, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

The process was nerve wrecking but worth it. I prepared for 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name some challenge you have faced and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy it is across the board pay scale and you have the opportunity to bonus really good if you work hard which I did.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Labor Ready in August 2011.

Interview

I initially met with the branch manager for an interview and was then contacted by the HR department for a second interview. The manager let me know very shortly I was accepted for the position and would need to submit my paperwork for backcheck and credential checks. This process took over a month

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, standard starting wage and doesn't increase much