Ladbrokes

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Customer Service Advisor

Interviewed at Ladbrokes

Interview Details – I was told because i was a previous employee i would be scored down on my interview questions. Absolutely disgusted by this, i worked as a manager for 3.5 years and left because i was in an armed robbery at work, i left in may 2014 to recover, and they wouldnt take me back, they wont even provide me with feedback.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Customer Service Advisor
Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ladbrokes in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was then given a short telephone interview. After a successful telephone interview, I was then invited for a one-to-one interview in-store with the Area Manager before being contacted by phone upon a successful one-to-one interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – If the store you applied for is not your local store, you can try and negotiate being based at your local store.

Web Content and Translation Agent Interview

Web Content and Translation Agent
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ladbrokes in February 2014.

Interview Details – Unprofessional hiring process. I had a quick initial telephone interview with a recruitment consultant, after which he sent me a written task to complete. It was a challenging copy to translate and I put a lot of effort into it. I never heard back after that despite emailing twice and calling and leaving a message.

I understand when companies don't reply to all applicants at the CV submission stage but at the task stage it is expected to have a courtesy to respond.

Interview Question – Standard questions.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Ladbrokes in June 2013.

Interview Details – Asked standard questions like Why Ladbrokes? What do you understand of betting and what sports do you like?

Interview Question – Asked question about Ladbrokes Loyalty Card   Answer Question

Personal Assistant Interview

Personal Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ladbrokes.

Interview Details – Found the job through an agency. Had my first and second interview one after the other on the same day. After that is took four weeks for them to tell me I had the job... by which point I was sure they weren't going to hire me.

Interview Question – None - very standard interview questions. Did want to know if I was morally okay with working for a bookmaker.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ladbrokes in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the job through an agency, and heard back after about a month. Went for an interview in their London office. Took 1 hour, they focussed very heavily on my previous jobs/experience. Interview went well, they said I had the job, and showed me where I was going to work, then I NEVER heard from them again! despite numerous emails and phone calls. Would not trust them!

Interview Question – Asked about what makes me angry
What would I do if I thought somebody on the team was not pulling their weight.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the job they offered me, but I didn't hear from them again

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ladbrokes.

Interview Details – Applied online, filled in competency questionnaires and assessments, was invited for interview, at interview was asked pretty open/basic questions. Was made to feel comfortable at the interview and was asked questions like "An example of when I went above and beyond the role". I was phone the same day of the interview with a job offer and began 10 days later.

Interview Question – "What is your proudest achievement, work or personal". To me this felt like a bit of a trick question as you could give a great achievement at work and look great, but at the same time to be honest it might be within your personal life and then you may be seen as an under-achiever. I answered honestly with a personal achievement and was still offered a position but at the time it seems quite difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I was offered the position and I took it.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Ladbrokes in February 2009.

Interview Details – asked about me, my past experience, the toughest situations i have been through, what can I do for the company, What I will do in certain situations, Do u know anything about betting?

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – its so flexible

Deputy Manager Interview

Deputy Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ladbrokes in June 2008.

Interview Details – I applied using an application form that I picked up from one of the shops. Having had experience at the company before, I immediately got an interview and had good previous experience to answer such questions as "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a tricky cutomer and what steps did you take to ensure both you and the customer ended up satisfied with the outcome." It was a one-to-one interview with the area manager and it consisted of these types of questions relating to the betting and gambling industry. Questions also asked included "How often do you gamble yourself?" and "How do you feel you could benefit the company".

Interview Question – How often do you gamble yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary and rate are pretty non-negotiable, particularly when you start out as a regular cashier. They state the current pay in the letter once you have been accepted for the job. My advice would be not to even try to negotiate as it may lead to rejection.

Worked for Ladbrokes? Contribute to the Community!