Ladbrokes Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.7

Service Transition Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ladbrokes (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through via a Job board. The process took @ 2weeks interviewed at Ladbrokes (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.
    1st Interview – Phone call an In-House Recruiter Normal HR style questions and no issues.

2nd Interview- Phone Call with Senior Transition Manager Testing my knowledge on Service Transition, ITL, Service Delivery, Stakeholder Management etc. Nice guy very professional and asked if I would come to a face-to-face interview at the Ladbrokes Office, which I agreed to.

3rd Interview - Face-to-Face with Senior Transition Manager and his Line Manager Head of Service Transition and Operations @ 50 years old I would guess. I was informed that one person would be interviewing me prior to our meeting. The interview went well with questions about my experience, service transition etc. I was asked if I had any questions? I replied with “Yes- Do you think I am suitable for this role?” The Head of Service Transition and Operations replied yes and then said he was worried that the traveling from Berkshire would be to much for me – He had early told me that he lived about 8 miles further on from my location!
    I stated that I also had a flat 5.5 miles from the Ladbroke Office as well so there would not be a problem. He chooses to ignore this and then openly became ageist with the following questions-
    Have you ever worked on call out hours? I replied that I had. He then stated that h had concerns that a person of my (word withheld by him) doing on-call for more than one night in succession. I asked why did you ask these questions, to which I did not get a reply? He then stated that I would here from Ladbrokes within a week.
    The Senior Transition Manager who acted professionally throughout the interview appeared to be embarrassed by his Line Manger and hurriedly ushered me to the Reception and said he hoped I should hear from Ladbrokes with 2-3 days. I did not hear from Ladbrokes, so I rang the HR person at Ladbrokes asking for feedback still not any feedback.

Employee Lifecycle Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ladbrokes (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through Job Portal and got a call (within 4 days)which was just with basic questions? then they scheduled my interview face to face with the manager. When I went there the manager and her PA was there to write down the note. They just asked me about my previous experience and then at last said that they will let me know.

Interview Questions

• 1)What d you know about Ladbroke?
      2) Why Ladbroke?
      3)How would you deal with difficult customers?
      4)What does customer service mean to you?
      5)Tell me about a time where you failed in your current position and how you would avoid this in the future.
      6)Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
      7)What made you to apply for this job?
      8)example when a work was allocated and you were not able to do it ?
      9)An example of when I went above and beyond the role?
      10)Salary expectation?

1 Answer

Interview

I was told because i was a previous employee i would be scored down on my interview questions. Absolutely disgusted by this, i worked as a manager for 3.5 years and left because i was in an armed robbery at work, i left in may 2014 to recover, and they wouldnt take me back, they wont even provide me with feedback.

Cashier/Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ladbrokes in July 2014.

Interview

Started off with brief phone interview - questions were really basic and straightforward (Why do I want to work for Ladbrokes? Have I had any previous customer service?) Then scheduled a face to face interview a few days after.

At the face-to-face interview, the Interviewer read competency questions off a sheet of paper. Also queried about previous customer experience and bet knowledge. Essentially previous customer experience is required with some substantial knowledge on betting.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ladbrokes (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was then given a short telephone interview. After a successful telephone interview, I was then invited for a one-to-one interview in-store with the Area Manager before being contacted by phone upon a successful one-to-one interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If the store you applied for is not your local store, you can try and negotiate being based at your local store.

Web Content and Translation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ladbrokes (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Unprofessional hiring process. I had a quick initial telephone interview with a recruitment consultant, after which he sent me a written task to complete. It was a challenging copy to translate and I put a lot of effort into it. I never heard back after that despite emailing twice and calling and leaving a message.

I understand when companies don't reply to all applicants at the CV submission stage but at the task stage it is expected to have a courtesy to respond.

Personal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ladbrokes.

Interview

Found the job through an agency. Had my first and second interview one after the other on the same day. After that is took four weeks for them to tell me I had the job... by which point I was sure they weren't going to hire me.

Interview Questions

• None - very standard interview questions. Did want to know if I was morally okay with working for a bookmaker.   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ladbrokes.

Interview

Applied online, filled in competency questionnaires and assessments, was invited for interview, at interview was asked pretty open/basic questions. Was made to feel comfortable at the interview and was asked questions like "An example of when I went above and beyond the role". I was phone the same day of the interview with a job offer and began 10 days later.

Interview Questions

• "What is your proudest achievement, work or personal". To me this felt like a bit of a trick question as you could give a great achievement at work and look great, but at the same time to be honest it might be within your personal life and then you may be seen as an under-achiever. I answered honestly with a personal achievement and was still offered a position but at the time it seems quite difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was offered the position and I took it.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ladbrokes (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied for the job through an agency, and heard back after about a month. Went for an interview in their London office. Took 1 hour, they focussed very heavily on my previous jobs/experience. Interview went well, they said I had the job, and showed me where I was going to work, then I NEVER heard from them again! despite numerous emails and phone calls. Would not trust them!

Interview Questions

• Asked about what makes me angry
      What would I do if I thought somebody on the team was not pulling their weight.

Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the job they offered me, but I didn't hear from them again

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ladbrokes (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Asked standard questions like Why Ladbrokes? What do you understand of betting and what sports do you like?