Lafarge North America

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Area Purchasing Manager Interview

Area Purchasing Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lafarge North America in May 2014.

Interview Details – 3 phone calls...2 with different HR staff and one within target department. One on-site interview with total of 5 people over two interview periods. All the people I spoke to were great. The results of my company research on past and current performance looks good, and from my standpoint appear to be looking to the future. After the on-site interview, I'm not sure if I'm the best fit for this position, but not for reasons of doubting the company, potential colleagues, or my ability to perform the job. I received a follow up from HR on my impressions. I would not hesitate to talk to them about other opportunities.

Interview Question – None, very straightforward.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lafarge North America.

Interview Details – Not too hard of an interview. Two interviews both were with at least two people. Mostly wanted to see if you had relevant skills and experience.

Interview Question – Are you seeking other opportunities?   View Answer

Driver Interview

Driver
New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lafarge North America in January 2010.

Interview Details – Had a friend that worked for lafarge so when I was in a position to make job change gave this company a shot filled out the application at the plant in my area was called in for a interview about to weeks later. Interview went pretty smooth was hired on the spot and never looked back, great people at this company from management all the way to co workers

Interview Question – Nothing really pretty average interview questions, your work history takes care of that mostly   Answer Question

Process and Quality Engineer Interview

Process and Quality Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lafarge North America in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the HR first when I was still in college. Basic interview. I was asked to talk about my life and work experiences that had brought me to this point. What will I contribute to the company. Second interview was at the plant site where I was going to work. Interviewed with the plant manager and a few other department managers. Interview was really basic. Not any technical questions.

Interview Question – What would you do if you are asked to solve a problem under pressure   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Lafarge North America.

Interview Details – Hard to reach HR team for follow up to setup interview

Interview Question – Very vauge questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lafarge North America.

Interview Details – In person interview with immediate supervisor and her (future) immediate supervisor. Additional phone interview with other Marketing Directors.

Interview Question – Asked to make predictions about the Cement industry from a strategy, economic, or marketing perspective.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the high end of my salary range.

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Lafarge North America in February 2009.

Interview Details – Followed a typical review process and evolved into a technical q&a. Heavily dependent upon your unique role within the company and division of choice. Questions followed product line divisions.

Interview Question – What is your experience working with superplasticizers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation I got what I asked for

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Sales Support Specialist
Sun City, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lafarge North America in September 2012.

Interview Details – Received a phone call in response to my online application and an invitation to interview. The first interview went well, and I was called back for a second interview to meet with two other department heads. The second interview also went well, although the meeting with the two other individuals was rather short in duration. The second interview concluded with more time spent with the main department head. The conversation headed into "offer letter, drug test, background check" territory without any discussion of salary being mentioned. When I did bring it up, that was when I learned the salary range was $10,000/yr less than what I was looking to make.

Interview Question – The question wasn't difficult, but it was posed more than once, and it was "How comfortable are you with placing collection calls?"   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Utilityman Interview

Utilityman
Waukegan, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Lafarge North America.

Interview Details – It was very simple. The old boss just asked 2 questions and I was in. I was referred by another employee. Same guys worked together for over 10 years.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lafarge North America in June 2011.

Interview Details – The 1:1 consisted of interviewing with each member of the team (3 one on ones); approx. 3 hours long. The HR Manager was boring and uninviting. He asked questions irrelevant to the position, seemed very judgmental, and uninterested in what I was saying. Other 2 interviewers were great! Know your stuff with this company. The interviewers ask a great deal of industry specific questions. They also conduct a vocabulary test -- asked me the definitions of words that I would say such as Human Capital -- this is definitely not standard procedure. Also, be prepared to answer the same questions multiple times seeing as how you will interview with each person separately. They also ask if you have any other questions several times, even after you have asked questions throughout the interview. So prepare to ask a lot of questions I guess. Overall, not the best experience and I was not happy about interviewing for 3 hours.

NOTE: I was told that after the 1:1, I would be asked to interview with the Regional Director as well. This is a bit too lengthy for an HR Generalist position. They did, however, send an email 2 weeks later stating I was not moving on to the next round.

Interview Question – What is the definition of Human Capital?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lafarge North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lafarge North America interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lafarge North America employees and interview candidates.