Lafarge North America

www.lafarge-na.com

Lafarge North America Interview Questions

2.9

Area Purchasing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lafarge North America in May 2014.

3 phone calls...2 with different HR staff and one within target department. One on-site interview with total of 5 people over two interview periods. All the people I spoke to were great. The results of my company research on past and current performance looks good, and from my standpoint appear to be looking to the future. After the on-site interview, I'm not sure if I'm the best fit for this position, but not for reasons of doubting the company, potential colleagues, or my ability to perform the job. I received a follow up from HR on my impressions. I would not hesitate to talk to them about other opportunities.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lafarge North America.

Not too hard of an interview. Two interviews both were with at least two people. Mostly wanted to see if you had relevant skills and experience.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lafarge North America.

Hard to reach HR team for follow up to setup interview

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lafarge North America.

In person interview with immediate supervisor and her (future) immediate supervisor. Additional phone interview with other Marketing Directors.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to make predictions about the Cement industry from a strategy, economic, or marketing perspective.   Answer Question
    I was offered the high end of my salary range.

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sun City, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sun City, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lafarge North America in September 2012.

Received a phone call in response to my online application and an invitation to interview. The first interview went well, and I was called back for a second interview to meet with two other department heads. The second interview also went well, although the meeting with the two other individuals was rather short in duration. The second interview concluded with more time spent with the main department head. The conversation headed into "offer letter, drug test, background check" territory without any discussion of salary being mentioned. When I did bring it up, that was when I learned the salary range was $10,000/yr less than what I was looking to make.

Interview Questions
    • The question wasn't difficult, but it was posed more than once, and it was "How comfortable are you with placing collection calls?"   View Answer

Utilityman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lafarge North America.

It was very simple. The old boss just asked 2 questions and I was in. I was referred by another employee. Same guys worked together for over 10 years.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lafarge North America in June 2011.

The 1:1 consisted of interviewing with each member of the team (3 one on ones); approx. 3 hours long. The HR Manager was boring and uninviting. He asked questions irrelevant to the position, seemed very judgmental, and uninterested in what I was saying. Other 2 interviewers were great! Know your stuff with this company. The interviewers ask a great deal of industry specific questions. They also conduct a vocabulary test -- asked me the definitions of words that I would say such as Human Capital -- this is definitely not standard procedure. Also, be prepared to answer the same questions multiple times seeing as how you will interview with each person separately. They also ask if you have any other questions several times, even after you have asked questions throughout the interview. So prepare to ask a lot of questions I guess. Overall, not the best experience and I was not happy about interviewing for 3 hours.

NOTE: I was told that after the 1:1, I would be asked to interview with the Regional Director as well. This is a bit too lengthy for an HR Generalist position. They did, however, send an email 2 weeks later stating I was not moving on to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • What is the definition of Human Capital?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lafarge North America in May 2010.

I didn't have that first phone interview with HR that most candidates get. Instead, I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview. The people I interviewed with were very courteous, and I thought I did well in the interview. Unfortunately I didn't get the job.

Construction Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lafarge North America in April 2010.

There were two people who interviewed me, I felt it was awekward because after I answered a question they would just stair at me, I didn't feel like the questions they asked were relevant and when I asked questions they didn't know how to answer them.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lafarge North America in January 2010.

Had a friend that worked for lafarge so when I was in a position to make job change gave this company a shot filled out the application at the plant in my area was called in for a interview about to weeks later. Interview went pretty smooth was hired on the spot and never looked back, great people at this company from management all the way to co workers

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really pretty average interview questions, your work history takes care of that mostly   Answer Question