Laidlaw & Company UK

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK.

Interview Details – Mostly fit related questions, quick interview and hiring process.

Interview Question – Fit type question, also relevant knowledge of the industry   Answer Question

Stockbroker Trainee Interview

Stockbroker Trainee

I applied in-person and interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK.

Interview Details – A joke - just come in and tell them you are willing to call people all day and be a robot for them

Interview Question – None - just BS - they aren't smart people   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Stockbroker Trainee Interview

Stockbroker Trainee
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK in February 2013.

Interview Details – Depending on which group you work for , be prepared to bring your A game. Dress for a Wall St firm , Casual dressing will likely leave you at the front desk. Talk loud .

Interview Question – Do you have a book ( from prior employee )   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not enough money to stat

Equity Research Interview

Equity Research
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK.

Interview Details – Efficient, but spotty. May be that senior people are too busy running company. Department is in a minor build-out, but it will remain small. Did not spend time with salesforce, so marketing side of firm is unclear. But overall seem like they are trying to rebuild shop.

Reason for Declining – Couldn't reach agreeable terms.

Stock Broker Interview

Stock Broker
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK in March 2012.

Interview Details – Got the interview through my university's career services department. They asked me to prepare a presentation on a stock that I thought the interviewer should buy -- before the interview, they called me and said that this was my "special assignment." My advice would be to know what a stock broker does before interviewing, because the person I interviewed with was not especially pleasant, and seemed frustrated that I did not have an intricate understanding of what the day-to-day functions of the position are.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a stock broker's day-to-day responsibilities are?   Answer Question
  • Ninety percent of people who join our team leave after one year. Why will you be different?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The starting salary was very, very low, and I had heard that the corporate culture of the company were not terribly amenable. I received better offers from more reputable companies.

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Stock Broker Trainee
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online through a job search site. I was contacted by an employee the next week and was able to meet for an interview the following day. The interview consisted of the employer describing the position and the pay scale and what was necessary in order to move up.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Broker Intern Interview

Broker Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK in September 2011.

Interview Details – I got a call in response to my resume submission for an internship in their private client services department. The caller asked if I was interested in a career in finance or only in a part time job. I told him that it was my career goal so he invited me in for an interview the next week.

When I got there I sat down with a young broker who talked to me about the position and explained that it was a sales job where the brokers try to research clients with a high likelihood of investing and they cold-call them and try to get them to open an account. We spoke about it for a while and after half an hour he said that he wanted me to meet the MD who heads the department. He spoke to me for another 15 minutes and said that that would be making decisions during the week and would contact the individuals that they wanted to hire. The internship was going to be "very monotonous" in his words, so I wasn't really interested. The position entailed constantly calling random people overseas and try to cajole them into investing with the firm.
Throughout the interview they weren't really challenging me or assessing my abilities. I think they were only trying to see if I was enthusiastic about this opportunity to be in the financial services industry.

Interview Question – Is this a position you think you would be interested in?   Answer Question

Investment Bank Interview

Investment Bank
New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK in June 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview- onsite interview, meeting with the group.
It's a private investment bank, deals with healthcare and mining.
nice office and ppl, nice location.
Not many IQ test, but check with the experiences.
Will def recommend ppl try to apply for this company. seems great.

Interview Question – walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK in February 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring and interviewing process was very quick, background check, drug test, 2 different one-on-one interviews and lasted maybe 30-45 min each time.

Interview Question – why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Worked for Laidlaw & Company UK? Contribute to the Community!