Laika, Inc

www.laika.com

Laika, Inc Interview Questions

2.3

VFX Artist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Laika, Inc.

Had two interviews over the phone. One with a recuriter and one with the head of the department.

I asked for higher pay and they said no.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Laika, Inc.

do not have interview. everything depends on portfolio. So have a really nice portfolio.

Silicone Caster and Seamer Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Laika, Inc.

Applied in February didn't hear form them till June. One phone interview and then they called me to ask if I wanted the job.

Interview Questions
    • they just asked me to tell them about what I had worked on and if I had ever had any workplace difficutlies   Answer Question
    sent me the details and I accepted. Was the first job I was ever offered I wasnt going to aurgue.

Senior IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Laika, Inc in June 2010.

I interviewed several times for the same job over about 6-9 months. Different recruiters called me, all for the same job. It was a Senior IT position, providing expert level administration of Macs, Windows, and Linux desktop, servers, and networks. They said the pay range was $40-$70k, but they all said they were unlikely to hire anyone for above the mid-40s. If so, why tell anyone the range?

I happened to know several people who worked at Laika. I knew that it is an entirely project-based workplace, so you WILL be laid off if there's no other project in the works. I also knew that most folks there work 10-12 hour days. The recruiters would admit to none of this until pressed, and then when they finally admitted it would say things like "but you can wear SHORTS to work!!!" Well, wearing shorts to work does little to make up for a salaried $45k, 55 hour week, where you WILL be laid off within a year or so.

One of the three recruiters had a knowledge test for me, with Windows, Mac, and Linux questions. I answered all Windows questions correctly, but missed one Mac question, which was a three-part question and the third part was no longer applicable to modern Macs. That was apparently enough to fail the test, but they did the Linux portion. I got about half of the questions right, but pointed out that if, like most IT professionals, I was allowed to use Google, I would have figured them out immediately.

The other two recruiters backed off when I explained I wouldn't take significantly less than I was making to work much longer hours, get laid off soon, BUT IN SHORTS!

They ended up hiring a friend who is the sort of person who thrives on abuse.

Everyone I knew who worked there got laid off when the last movie ended. Their names were not in the credits.

Engineering Group Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Laika, Inc in July 2008.

Interview process is very well organized. I was interviewed by multiple teams, it went very smooth in terms of walking from one building to the other. The position I was interviewing was based on my previous experience, so most of the questions were about details of my previous work. There were no tests or white board questions. Company payed for a real estate agent to drive my family around the area. I never had that kind of treatment.

Interview Questions
    • What part of shading/rendering pipeline did you work on?   View Answer
    • Do you have experience with other componentsm of the renderman interface?   View Answer

I was not able to move, otherwise I would have accepted the offer.