Laird Technologies

2.8

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly, MI

One Interviewer was completely unprepared and distracted. I got the distinct impression I was imposing. Another Interviewer was arrogant and smug. This interview had a very insincere tone. I have never experienced anything like this in my professional career. Something is very wrong with this company. I ran away! I subsequently read some extremely bad reviews on this site from many past and current employees.

Something is very wrong with this company. I ran away!
    Interview was so bad and unprofessional, I can't pinpoint one thing.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Laird Technologies.

Interview consisted of a telephone round and an on site round

Interview Questions
    • I was well prepared for the interview and did not run into any impossible questions. Questions were lengthy and difficult at times but nothing unexpected   Answer Question
    I was happy with the amount offered and did not negotiate too much

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Laird Technologies in January 2014.

A Structured Behavioral Interview Process took place with a four leadership team members. Each asked very tough questions. Prior to that was a phone interview with a very capable staffing team member that referred me to the structured behavioral interview process

Interview Questions
    One best offer was extened

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Laird Technologies in April 2013.

I got email from one of the software developer in the team to come for an onsite interview. The interview panel was a group of three. They first went through the details in my resume, asked few questions like whether I am familiar with Visual Studio for development, whether I am familiar with embedded technologies and all.

Interview Questions
    • On white board: 1. What is your favorite data structure and how will you implement it?
      2. Reverse a string
      3. Find odd numbers from one to hundred
      4. What is multi threading and did you ever write program to handle that
        Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Laird Technologies in December 2012.

Was contacted by their HR manager from Montana. They were really friendly and quick with communication. A phone interview was scheduled. The interview went well. There weren't many questions it was mostly explaining the limitations of the job. "We don't have an office" "The place is a mess" "We don't have any standards" To me it sounded perfect I was really excited about the travel and the opportunity. " Well you are perfect for the position etc. I am going to call HR and get the last two interviews scheduled they are merely a formality, I just want to make sure you will gel with the other guy who does applications and the consultant who is currently doing the job but doesn't want to take the job because his mom is sick (Huh?) " So we hang up and I am contacted by HR back in Montana via email. Can you fill out this application. So I give up all the information that an identity thief would need to completely assume my life and buy a yacht on credit. I diligently write it out and then scan it and send it via PDF to the HR department in Montana yet again. I get an almost instant "Thanks" email back. I am thinking OK cool. I will hear something. A week passes.

Nothing. No email rejection no call no nothing. no follow up interviews. I send Montana HR an email. No reply.

I send an email to a friend I know in the company who knows the hiring person. "I let him know. If there is any interest. I am sure he will contact you in a week."

Wait what?

Well it has been 3 weeks. So, I figured I would throw my glassdoor interview experience in here. There is a lot of bitter reviews of the company from the 2007 era but you can tell that is from people that were laid off in that year. There really isn't that many reviews so I figured I would throw my experience on here both as a warning and for comedic value.

Bad HR practice in my book but apparently this is 2012 and normal corporate behavior. I'm sorry that I have an expectation that if you interview someone you at least send them a "Thanks but no thanks email"

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult questions I have the qualifications for this job and it sounded easy. There were the how would you do this technology and that. Do you know what the company does. etc. Nothing weird or abnormal. Very laid back. Too laid back really.   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Laird Technologies in August 2012.

The interview process consisted of a commute by air from Connecticut to Michigan. The interview process was not so much and interview but a lesson on antenna families. This was not about me but more like an overview of antenna content.

I should have negotiated more

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharpsville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharpsville, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Laird Technologies in April 2010.

I was really never interviewed it was done on a trial bases if I was capable of working the position then hired

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Laird Technologies in March 2009.

Straightforwward interview process. Found opening via the web and was notified within a few weeks of their interest, then had several phone interviews, first with HR, then the hiring manager and this was followed up by an in person interview with the hiring manager. The whole process took five to six weeks and they communicated well throughout the entire process. Also, were very professional.

Communications Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Laird Technologies in April 2014.

After completing a phone screening, I was asked to come in for an interview with the hiring manager and HR team member. After speaking with these people, I was given a writing test where I had a to edit a document and then create a press release.

Interview Questions
    • How would you win the confidence of people who do not report directly to you but with whom you will be working on many projects?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Laird Technologies in February 2010.

Resume was submitted via internal employee referral. There was a phone interview first, following with face to face meeting on site a couple of weeks later. Talked with the hiring manager, and a couple of staff members. The interview experience was nice, not many difficult questions. Had a tour in the facility.