Lake Partners

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Lake Partners

Interview Details – My interview was brief and consisted of a simple marketing case question. The interviewer was kind but I got the impression she had been interviewing extensively throughout the day.

Interview Question – What's your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Lake Partners in January 2012.

Interview Details – I met with two different current consultants and each presented a case study after a fairly cursory resume review. They were more process than result oriented and asked you to detail your thought process more than anything. These two were in drastically different industries (online advertising and for-profit healthcare) and the interviewers tried to offer little guidance and mostly observe your approach.

Interview Questions

• Do you think the market share of online vs other advertising will continue to increase?   Answer Question
  • Would you recommend opening a satellite branch of a hospital to increase profitability?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lake Partners in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. I met with two people each time. Every person had a case. In the first round I had two cases from two different analysts. In the second round I got two more cases from a partner and from the boss. After short chit-chats, the cases lasted about 20 minutes. The boss asked only asked a few questions before jumping into his case.

3 of the cases were very straightforward, the prepping for a case interview materials prepared me well for the first 3. The boss's case was about an article that said "there's an 87 day wait time for doctors in the LA area". What he wanted was a clear process going from what's really going on to what's the headline. (the punchline is that people on Medicaid can't get preventive care - which if you've ever encountered Medicaid isn't going to be news to you.)

The boss also gave some answers to some of my questions that I felt uncomfortable about. He said he didn't want to see the firm grow in employees because he really enjoyed "being involved in every project". He also mentioned that he "liked having a soapbox" and being in a position where people "had to listen to him"

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working here   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lake Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lake Partners Consultant interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lake Partners employees and interview candidates.