Lakeshore Learning Materials

Lakeshore Learning Materials Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.4

Ecommerce Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

They interview you one after the other. I ended up spending about 5 hours and met with 5 people. Initially they make you take a printed data entry test where you try to find the errors by circling them.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Process was efficient & thorough. Very quick turnaround from sending resume to getting a call from HR recruiter. She asked me questions via phone, and I was scheduled for an in-person interview that same week. Everyone I encountered in the process made me feel comfortable. Good casual, upbeat friendly place- and the people I met represent the company well- their enthusiasm for the company is apparent and it made me feel like I'd be lucky to work there. Parking was a challenge, and the company location is strange- but I could tell by the people coming in & out that work there think it's a cool place. Had a good interview with the HR recruiter, she was honest & direct about what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They dig into character at this company which threw me, but I liked the experience. They also really want to know that you do your homework-especially for a Marketing role, testing me on what I had learned about who their customers are, the website, favorite product at the store, etc. I was asked open ended questions like how I've navigated my way out of a difficult situation, and what's more important..solving the customers problem or giving the customer a peak experience? What have you learned from a past failure?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

very short and to the point. very pointed questions about how to manage people and what you do if they do not accomplish goals was a focus. having knowledge about education product is a big benefit

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time to had to make a difficult decision regarding an employees employement   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

Found job opening on CraigsList or a similar job site. Completed the application online then had to submit a paper one. Apparently the local hiring store cannot access documents from the corporate hiring website. Hiring Now signs are in this East Coast store.

Art Director Interview

Interview

Very quick! Lakeshore is fast and moves quickly when they find a good candidate. I received an offer the same day as the interview. I was working 3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard stuff. HR was a little stiff, but the hiring manager was a hoot. Asked about previous experience and ideas on how to improve the current department.   1 Answer

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter on LinkedIn. Did phone screen with HR recruiter, then she set up phone interview with Regional Vice President of Sales. Phone interview with RVP was 20 minutes of short STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you know about educational materials? Do you know how the requisition for purchases process for elementary schools works? Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

interviewed with one woman, asked to take a scenario test and wait in the lobby, interviewed wit two women immediately after then asked to wait in the lobby again. Interviewed with one more lady Then asked to wait in the lobby. I was then sent back to the first woman I interviewed with and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle customers. How am i with criticism.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process felt easy and conversational. I was told though out the process how much I was liked and where I stood ..or so I thought. After my 4th interview I was once again told how I would be a great fit and and they were moving me along in the process and that I would be hearing from either the recruiter or the hiring manager to set up the next steps (5th interview). I heard from the recruiter the next day to say I wasn't moving forward. I was obviously disappointed, but also feel it is a very misleading way of doing business. I had noticed while preparing for the interview that several other previous candidates had experienced the same thing. I should have known better. What a poor taste I have in my mouth I have for this company. I will be sure to share the experience and poor business acumen with all of my teacher and principal friends.

Interview Questions

Application

I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in January 2015.

Interview

I applied thru an online job board and was contacted by the HR receptionist for a brief phone screen, followed by an invitation to come in for a personal interview. When I arrived later that week, I waited 30 minutes to find that I would be interviewing with another woman in the office as the hiring manager was in a meeting. She was unhappy to be completing this task and made it clear to me. I pushed through with a smile. She even picked up her phone to read a text and then asked me to repeat the question I had just asked. I was told to expect a call either way and never did. I have reached out with no luck as well. I really desired this position but it seems it's not a two way street. I doubt the woman even passed along my resume and interview info, she could have cared less about me. Very disappointing

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to resolve an issue and the outcome. What did you learn..   Answer Question
    • How many inbound vs. Outbound phone calls and emails per day at previous job   Answer Question
    • Describe what customer service means to you   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, and then an in-person interview with two managers. Just a great experience all around. Receptionist was super friendly and made me feel very welcome/comfortable, was offered water, etc. The directions that were provided by the manager about where to go/park were perfect. Hiring managers were great about giving me a good understanding of the job and the company culture/history, and both were very proud to be a part of the team. I felt as if they took the time to get to know me and what was important to me in a job, not just whether or not I could do the job. They asked about my career history and some behavioral based questions around customer service (which is huge for the company), unique/outside of the box ideas for recruiting, employee engagement, etc. They were professional but very approachable-- set clear explanations about what it's like to work there and made the interview process be a two-way street where I was picking them just as much as they were picking me. IlleiIipickingmme.interviewanting to work there!

Interview Questions

• What are the top things you are looking for in you next opportunity?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made me a great/fair offer