Lakeshore Learning Materials

Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.4

WAREHOSUE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in August 2013.

Just asked me about my experienced in warehousing and my scheduled.
    Had a written math test where they ask you percentages, and word math problems.

i asked for 9 an hr and thats what they gave me.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

I was contacted via phone to set up an interview for the following day with someone from HR. The first interview lasted about 30 minutes and was straight forward with nothing unexpected. The second interview was a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked at the first interview how much base pay I expected. I saw a recruiter looking to fill the position list the base at 50- 70k.   Answer Question

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in June 2013.

The hiring process was Good!! Be prepared to have a phone interview and two face-to-face interviews. If you make it to the second interview, you will be expected to create something "Lakeshorey." They offered me the position at the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • I thought the questions were all relative and you could answer them with confidence if you've been an educator.   Answer Question
    They gave me more money than I ask for :-) No negotiations needed.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Sent in my résumé and was called to come in for a interview the next day. Interview with HR and was told I would make a lot of money , it was a great company. I was told I would hear something in a week . Received a email a week later and was told they were looking for someone with education sales experience . I felt that was obvious by my résumé. I didn't understand why call someone in if that is what you want. I have met two other people that went through the same thing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about the selling to a educational organization   Answer Question

ASM Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Multiple calls with HR, then in-store interview with store manager, followed by a call with the District Manager, and then the Regional Manager. Regional Manager didn't like an answer that I gave to a question so I was bounced out, but the District Manager had me re-interviewed by another Regional Manager and I was given the job.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult or unexpected, but they didn't like the answer that I provided to "Tell us about the best customer service you think you've provided to someone recently."   View Answer

Seasonal Order Taker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in November 2012.

The company called a few days after I had submitted an application. They asked me basic questions about availability, salary, and type of work I was interested in over the phone. I agreed to go for an interview the next day. I went in the next morning and they asked me to take a simple detail test to see if I could spot the errors on a worksheet. Then I got called in for the interview. It was pretty simple and relaxed. After the interview, I took a typing and 10-key test. I was then told to go back to the interviewer's office where she offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of things do you look for in a job or work environment?   View Answer
    • What was one thing you didn't like about a previous job?   View Answer
    I did ask for $10.00 an hour but they said they were willing to do $9.00 only. I took the job because I need money for the holidays.

Seasonal Order Taker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in October 2012.

I was contacted by a person that conducted a pre-screen telephone interview. Once that completed she had be come into the office for test and formal interview. The test was very easy. The interview was conducted by a recruiter who kept looking out the window and it lasted a total of five minutes, if that. She talked mostly about the company. I was overqualified for the position. She kept referring back to my HR experience. I wanted a temp job for the holidays.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in September 2012.

Quick phone interview, was called in for an in person interview, not called back for a second interview. When I asked what types of qualities they were looking for in their candidates, it kind of seemed like they were giving me the responses I wanted to hear based on the answers I gave them earlier in the interview. It was pretty quick, about 15 minutes, but I had to take a short quiz on error corrections to test my eye for detail beforehand. I thought it went really well, I think they wanted someone with more experience, even though they said personality is more important than experience because you can always train someone. Who knows?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just looked over my resume and asked me questions off of that.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in April 2012.

Initial phone screen was fairly standard, and lasted about 3 minutes. The initial phone screen was followed up by a phone screen from the hiring mgr., with more direct questions regarding my background - and why I would want the job.. I then had a live 1:1 meeting with the hiring Mgr, which lasted 30 minutes and pretty much covered the same subject matter. Lastly, I had a phone screen with one of the Presidents, covering the same basic resume review questions - and why I'd be a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you interact with people that are on a much lower economic level than yourself?   View Answers (2)

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in October 2011.

I applied on the company web site, then called HR directly, to express my interest. I received a return phone call a few hours later and was asked a few simple questions regarding my work history and salary expectations. I was then asked to come in for an interview a few days later in which I met with DEB who is the HR director. The interview was easy and confortable, she asked me initially to just talk about myself. After 45 minutes we closed the interview and she said I would hear from her in one week. Be sure to ask what the hiring process is seems kind of lengthy.