Lakeshore Learning Materials

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.4

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was Good!! Be prepared to have a phone interview and two face-to-face interviews. If you make it to the second interview, you will be expected to create something "Lakeshorey." They offered me the position at the second interview.

Interview Questions

• I thought the questions were all relative and you could answer them with confidence if you've been an educator.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me more money than I ask for :-) No negotiations needed.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Sent in my résumé and was called to come in for a interview the next day. Interview with HR and was told I would make a lot of money , it was a great company. I was told I would hear something in a week . Received a email a week later and was told they were looking for someone with education sales experience . I felt that was obvious by my résumé. I didn't understand why call someone in if that is what you want. I have met two other people that went through the same thing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the selling to a educational organization   Answer Question

ASM Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

Multiple calls with HR, then in-store interview with store manager, followed by a call with the District Manager, and then the Regional Manager. Regional Manager didn't like an answer that I gave to a question so I was bounced out, but the District Manager had me re-interviewed by another Regional Manager and I was given the job.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult or unexpected, but they didn't like the answer that I provided to "Tell us about the best customer service you think you've provided to someone recently."   1 Answer

Seasonal Order Taker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The company called a few days after I had submitted an application. They asked me basic questions about availability, salary, and type of work I was interested in over the phone. I agreed to go for an interview the next day. I went in the next morning and they asked me to take a simple detail test to see if I could spot the errors on a worksheet. Then I got called in for the interview. It was pretty simple and relaxed. After the interview, I took a typing and 10-key test. I was then told to go back to the interviewer's office where she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of things do you look for in a job or work environment?   1 Answer
    • What was one thing you didn't like about a previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did ask for $10.00 an hour but they said they were willing to do $9.00 only. I took the job because I need money for the holidays.

Seasonal Order Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a person that conducted a pre-screen telephone interview. Once that completed she had be come into the office for test and formal interview. The test was very easy. The interview was conducted by a recruiter who kept looking out the window and it lasted a total of five minutes, if that. She talked mostly about the company. I was overqualified for the position. She kept referring back to my HR experience. I wanted a temp job for the holidays.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very generic.   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Quick phone interview, was called in for an in person interview, not called back for a second interview. When I asked what types of qualities they were looking for in their candidates, it kind of seemed like they were giving me the responses I wanted to hear based on the answers I gave them earlier in the interview. It was pretty quick, about 15 minutes, but I had to take a short quiz on error corrections to test my eye for detail beforehand. I thought it went really well, I think they wanted someone with more experience, even though they said personality is more important than experience because you can always train someone. Who knows?

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, just looked over my resume and asked me questions off of that.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Hartford, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen was fairly standard, and lasted about 3 minutes. The initial phone screen was followed up by a phone screen from the hiring mgr., with more direct questions regarding my background - and why I would want the job.. I then had a live 1:1 meeting with the hiring Mgr, which lasted 30 minutes and pretty much covered the same subject matter. Lastly, I had a phone screen with one of the Presidents, covering the same basic resume review questions - and why I'd be a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with people that are on a much lower economic level than yourself?   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied on the company web site, then called HR directly, to express my interest. I received a return phone call a few hours later and was asked a few simple questions regarding my work history and salary expectations. I was then asked to come in for an interview a few days later in which I met with DEB who is the HR director. The interview was easy and confortable, she asked me initially to just talk about myself. After 45 minutes we closed the interview and she said I would hear from her in one week. Be sure to ask what the hiring process is seems kind of lengthy.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

The process was superb. I'm not local to their headquarters so all communications happened between phone & email. They walked me through exactly why I am not a match of what they are looking for and the entire experience was truly refreshing. Just being considered was flattering to me and now I am more than impressed by the level of professionalism and kindness that Lakeshore's staff has displayed. Lakeshore is already bookmarked in my computer and I will check back frequently for openings. They are going to keep my information on file and I will be in touch should I see something I am interested in.

Keep up the great work Lakeshore and thank you so much for your time!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied for this position online and received a call from an HR representative within a couple days. The phone call really set the tone for what their interview process would offer. The recruiter (or maybe it was an admin) was very friendly and upbeat. It was a refreshing change from the many stale, dry interactions I’ve had interviewing with other companies. We had a nice chat and she scheduled me to come in for an interview the very next day. When I arrived for my interview I was handed what seemed to be an attention to detail test….I was taken off guard at first but then noticed all applicants received this exam so it must be standard. I found the interview to be relaxed and really catered to my interest and what I was looking for in my next position. There was a lot of time spent on culture fit as it is their number one concern being a 3rd generation family owned company. I left feeling educated on the company and position I applied for. The Recruiter said she would touch base with me the following week and as promised, I received an email with a very gentle let down explaining I just didn’t have enough experience for their current needs. Although I was disappointed to miss out on this exciting opportunity, I felt compelled to share my great experience with an untraditional interview process. I only wish other “corporate” companies would take some pointers and break up the monotony of me having to repeat my script over and over again but instead wanting to get to know me as a person. Although no offer, great experience.