Lakeshore Learning Materials

www.lakeshorelearning.com

Lakeshore Learning Materials Regional Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in June 2011.

Interview Details – All I can say is that this interview process was the worst in my professional career. The company reached out to me and then scheduled a telephone interview. Like many of the previous candidates I found that the Corporate HR people do not know a thing about interviewing or assessing a potential hire. They really don't want to know a thing about you - it's clear that they are inexperienced recruiters with little business experieince. I believe the internal person that interviewed me actually said that she took the job with Lakeshore because she couldn't cut it working for an agency.

I also interviewed by phone with the Regional Sales Manager and found him to be crass and disrespectful to his market: educators. He actually said some not-so-nice things about the people he calls on! He comes from the office supply industry so who knows what their standards are?

I interviewed in person and was ultimately told that I was "just not a fit" for Lakeshore Learning. You're right: I'm much too professional and classy and am glad that the job wasn't offered to me because I was not impressed with anyone that I met throughout the interview process.

They had me jump through hoops just to accommodate their schedule (and I was working full time) but didn't even give me the courtesy of an honest answer as to why I wasn't "a fit".

Good luck. It's no wonder why jobs are posted over and over again on Linkedin and job boards!

Interview Question – How are you going to handle it when you are calling on teachers that are earning next to the poverty level and you're earning great money?   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who was familiar with this company.They felt I was a great fit for this
particular company because th employer was looking for a seasoned sales representative who had shown longevity with their current employer as well as a track record of success. (14 years )
I agreed to a phone interview on a Friday evening at 7pm east coast time / 4pm their time because I was leaving early the next morning for vacation.

From the moment the phone rang it went downhill. 1st the "recruitment specialist" calls me on my cell phone instead of my home phone. Secondly; she spoke so fast I had a hard time keeping up with her. She sounded very young and come to find out she had only been with the company for all of all of 3 weeks!
I found the fact that she spoke so fast to be unprofessional.

She asked me the requisite questions i.e. why I was looking for a new position; describe my daily activities; how do I prospect, etc. Then she jabbered on about the company, the culture, etc. What I was told by the recruiter would be 20-30 minutes was an hour phone screening. I asked a few questions and that was it.
Found out later that I was passed over because the "recruitment specialist" didn't feel Ihad a passion for
sales in the first 10 minutes of the phone interview. Are you kidding me??? I've been selling for 14+ years and if they had taken my linkedin profile into consideration; they would have read about my "passion" from
recommendations from current customers.
I was also told by the Lakeshore employee that they had many applications. I have since noticed that they re-posted the position on different on-line job boards. What does that tell you?

Interview Question – Can you describe a typical day?   View Answer

Carson, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer was pleasant. We went over my resume and discussed what I did, why I left and what salary I was paid.
She sounded very interested; however, she sent me an email stating that they selected a different candidate with previous Lakeshore experience.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Regional Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in December 2010.

Interview Details – Wow! The exact thing happened to me as the posting from October! Got an almost immediate call from an underling that said I was just what they were looking for and that the head of human resources would call to discuss the position and my background. She calls and compliments me on my resume, asks me what I was making, and then proceeds to spend the rest of the time yapping on and on about the company. I got a few jabs in about how I fit their ideal profile but all I got was the apparent same line of " we have someone who worked with Lakeshore in the past" rejection letter. Did hear that they had offered this position to someone earlier but they turned them down because of low salary. They have hired sales managers from big box office supply companies who know nothing of selling to education accounts other than to keep beating them over the head with sales calls! Stay away from them unless you're doing the retail thing.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Regional Sales Representative

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in October 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on Wed. or Thursday, got a phone call the next day. We did a phone screen (standard procedure for all applicants. I heard the same questions while waiting for my face-to-face interview.) As someone else said, the in-person interviewer did most of the talking. She was nice, asked questions, heard what she wanted and was very positive the whole time. According to her, I had great qualifications (teaching, sales and customer service exp., knew the inner workings of the major district that encompass the entire account) and I was at the head of the class! She said she'd let me know within a week about the next step. Before the week was up, she sent me a nice email telling me that they're leaning towards someone who has worked with Lakeshore before and now wants a full-time job. I can't blame them for being loyal; I just wonder if that person is as qualified.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lakeshore Learning Materials

Worked for Lakeshore Learning Materials? Contribute to the Community!