Lam Research Interview Questions in Fremont, CA

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lam Research in June 2014.

It was a very thorough and challenging interview process. I first went through campus screening. Then, a few days later, I had a phone interview with an employee in the group I would be working in. A day or two after the phone interview, I was contacted by HR to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview was very long - I was interviewed by at least 9 different people including the hiring manager. After the interviews, I had to give an hour long technical presentation. The entire process probably took 2~3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very technical and directly related to the job position.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lam Research.

Contacted by HR. Got a phone screen and after a week I was invited to have an onsite interview with five people for about two hours. Everyone was very nice and asked different types of questions, really trying to know you.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Lam Research in November 2013.

HR contacted me to set up an HR phone interview. My resume was on file and seemed to match the job description very well. Phone interview was about 20 minutes. They said they would speak to the manager of the group and get back to me about setting up an on-site interview. Unfortunately I didn't get the onsite interview.

Staff Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lam Research in October 2009.

I knew several people at Lam before I started. I interviewed with my director-to-be and proposed several solutions to the problems the group had been baffled by. (To be fair my solutions needed a lot of work and required a team effort.) I then interviewed with the entire group. The particular director insisted that every candidate be vetted by all group members. (This is not the standard process at Lam). The group liked me and an offer was made within two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any difficult questions. The most tricky question asked by most interviewers is: What do you see yourself doing in the future? Its difficult because not only there is no right answer, but the same answer can be perceived as positive by one interviewer and negative by the other.   View Answer
    Asked for more vacation. HR would not budge. Instead got an increased signing bonus.

Process Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lam Research in August 2013.

I was contacted by a college recruiter who saw my profile on Linkedin and asked me to apply to a particular opening. She scheduled the initial phone interview within a couple of days, and then had a phone screen the same week with 2 members of the team. They called me for an onsite with the entire group the following week. 8 people interviewed me 1:1 and I gave a presentation at the end of the day. I heard back by the end of that week regarding their decision. Took less than 2 weeks from initial contact for the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were on the reactions and basics of etch processes.   Answer Question
    Negotiating is usually advised, but I didn't, since it matched the market's higher end salary for such a position.

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Lam Research in April 2013.

Initially contacted by recruiter and had a phone interview. After the phone interview, contacted by recruiter again to set up in person interview. Interviewed with 5 people, one at a time. Mostly asked about my previous experiences, interests, and what I hoped to get out of the internship. Plenty of opportunity to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked some theoretical design questions on what they were working on. Question statement was vague because they could not give me any details. Not particularly difficult though.   Answer Question

Process Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Lam Research in February 2008.

Interview was scheduled within a couple of months of original application.
    The interview process was prety rigorous, with 9 interviewers, and took the entire day. Had to give a 1 hour presentation talk coming from academia. Questions were not too technical, only a couple required discussion at the board.

Interview Questions
    • How would you solve an undercut issue when etching silicon with top hard mask?   View Answer
    Very short, I did not bargain since a needed a job fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lam Research.

They called me after I submitted my resume two weeks later for a phone interview,
     then I was given onsite interview after another 2 weeks.
     I was asked to give a presentation and 11 people talked to me including the HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lam Research.

I was interviewed as New College Graduate. Interviewers are generally quite nice. Questions are technical and behavioral. Need to prepare a technical presentation (mini PhD thesis presentation) and be ready to answer tough technical question about experiments and data interpretation. Interviewee will be judged on how he/she reacts to difficult questions, open-mindedness, critical thinking.

Interview Questions
    i did not negotiate (I was naive).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lam Research in February 2012.

I was applying for an RCG position as a process engineer. The interview consisted of an hour-long presentation of my PhD research, followed by many 30 minute 1-1 interviews with the various group managers. Questions consisted of a mix of behavioral and technical questions. It ended up being a very long day of interviewing, and I actually started to get thirsty and dizzy near the end of it! Nevertheless, everyone was very professional, very intelligent, and very personable towards me. My overall impression of the company is very positive, and the work ethic is top notch. I can easily see how this company is the industry leader, but the downside is that the working schedule appeared very demanding (10+ hour days).

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult part about your PhD research and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you worked on a team.   Answer Question

Worked for Lam Research? Contribute to the Community!