Lam Research

3.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Etch Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lam Research.

Submitted resume online as well attended infosession on campus. Was referred internally as well. Got a phone call from HR for a quick screen followed up by 2 managers for two different processes a week later.

Was rejected by one of the managers but got offered a position by the other.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included experience with fabs, clean rooms, SEM, etc. More emphasis was placed on my research since it was relevant. No behavioral questions were asked, mostly describing past experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lam Research.

Contacted by HR. Got a phone screen and after a week I was invited to have an onsite interview with five people for about two hours. Everyone was very nice and asked different types of questions, really trying to know you.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lam Research in June 2014.

It was a very thorough and challenging interview process. I first went through campus screening. Then, a few days later, I had a phone interview with an employee in the group I would be working in. A day or two after the phone interview, I was contacted by HR to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview was very long - I was interviewed by at least 9 different people including the hiring manager. After the interviews, I had to give an hour long technical presentation. The entire process probably took 2~3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very technical and directly related to the job position.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lam Research in May 2014.

I had four rounds phone interviews in a row directly with senior analyst, manager and director. No HR interviewer get involved at all. No technical questions, basically talks about past intern experiences, campus activities, and habits. They are super nice and easy to talk with. Mostly informative questions.

What are they really looking for is someone they will feel comfortable to work with. And some related working experiences is necessary.

Interview Questions
    • What is your least like thing in working experience. How to deal with people in the team with their own opinion and won’t work together   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lam Research in November 2013.

HR contacted me to set up an HR phone interview. My resume was on file and seemed to match the job description very well. Phone interview was about 20 minutes. They said they would speak to the manager of the group and get back to me about setting up an on-site interview. Unfortunately I didn't get the onsite interview.

Process Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lam Research in August 2013.

I was contacted by a college recruiter who saw my profile on Linkedin and asked me to apply to a particular opening. She scheduled the initial phone interview within a couple of days, and then had a phone screen the same week with 2 members of the team. They called me for an onsite with the entire group the following week. 8 people interviewed me 1:1 and I gave a presentation at the end of the day. I heard back by the end of that week regarding their decision. Took less than 2 weeks from initial contact for the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were on the reactions and basics of etch processes.   Answer Question
    Negotiating is usually advised, but I didn't, since it matched the market's higher end salary for such a position.

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lam Research in April 2013.

Initially contacted by recruiter and had a phone interview. After the phone interview, contacted by recruiter again to set up in person interview. Interviewed with 5 people, one at a time. Mostly asked about my previous experiences, interests, and what I hoped to get out of the internship. Plenty of opportunity to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked some theoretical design questions on what they were working on. Question statement was vague because they could not give me any details. Not particularly difficult though.   Answer Question

Program Manager - Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lam Research in October 2012.

I worked through a Junior Military Officer (JMO) Headhunter, LucasGroup. They lined me up with the interview, because I told them I was only looking in the Bay Area. It turned out that they didn't partner with any companies I actually wanted to work for, so this was the best they could do. It was my first interview as a transitioning officer, so I was a total rookie. I was a bit nervous and awkward. I think we both knew I wasn't a good fit, and it lasted only about 30 mins. When a company that produces thin film transistors for semiconductors asks you, "Which do you think is more important, quantity or quality?" answering "Well, that depends on your business model..." is not going to land you the job!
    The feedback I got is that they were looking for someone with a stronger engineering background (nuke or EECS), which is probably true, but even if I had the resume they were looking for, I don't expect I would have passed that interview.

Interview Questions
    • Which do you think is more important, quantity or quality?   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lam Research.

They called me after I submitted my resume two weeks later for a phone interview,
     then I was given onsite interview after another 2 weeks.
     I was asked to give a presentation and 11 people talked to me including the HR

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I was interviewed as New College Graduate. Interviewers are generally quite nice. Questions are technical and behavioral. Need to prepare a technical presentation (mini PhD thesis presentation) and be ready to answer tough technical question about experiments and data interpretation. Interviewee will be judged on how he/she reacts to difficult questions, open-mindedness, critical thinking.

Interview Questions
    i did not negotiate (I was naive).