Lam Research

48 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview Details – My professor emailed the whole class with information about a ME Intern position for the Summer. I emailed my resume to the hiring manager and got an interview within a few weeks. Had one on site interview with the Senior Mechanical Engineer and followed up in a couple weeks to hear that I got the position.

Interview Question – What do you want to do with Mechanical Engineering? Life goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $20/hr for undergraduates

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview Details – straight forward

Interview Question – why do you want to work in supply chain ?   Answer Question

Process Development Engineer Interview

Process Development Engineer
Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lam Research in May 2013.

Interview Details – I stayed in touch with a recruiter that attended the career fair in my school. After a month, she passed my resume along to another recruiter who contacted me almost after 2 months of the career fair saying that one of the hiring managers was interested in me for this job. I scheduled a phone interview with him thereafter and received the job offer within a week.

Interview Question – I was tested for my quick learning ability and so most of the questions sounded easy to me. The hiring manager I interviewed with is a nice guy and didn't ask me any challenging questions. He was just checking my willingness to work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't do much negotiation

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview Details – almost a week after I submit my resume online, a recruiter contacted me via email. Phone interview in the next week. A manager in ALD group interviewed me. All was about ALD details. Precursors, chamber pressure, reaction...can't answer all.

Interview Question – What is the vapor pressure of TMA and what is the base pressure in ALD.   Answer Question

Tech Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lam Research in April 2013.

Interview Details – just some general questions from first phone interview from HR. follow up 1:1 interview with hiring manager about my background and some technical questions and behavior questions. everything went well and got the oral offer and was asked to fill the online application process. But didn't get the offer because of export control will take too long...

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lam Research in June 2011.

Interview Details – They called me and asked me a few questions regarding what I was looking for and then we set up an in person interview. There will usually be between 1-3 interviews. 1 being for non technical internships and 3 being for post graduate internships. They'll take between 2-8 days to deliberate and if they get back to you, you have the job. If not, they usually don't get back to you.

Interview Question – Define communication.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate as an intern.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening for Project Management on the supply chain side. It was fairly straightforward for someone with a supply chain background. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Provide me an example of how you managed by influence.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Lam Research in November 2013.

Interview Details – HR contacted me to set up an HR phone interview. My resume was on file and seemed to match the job description very well. Phone interview was about 20 minutes. They said they would speak to the manager of the group and get back to me about setting up an on-site interview. Unfortunately I didn't get the onsite interview.

Interview Question – What's your motivation to go into this field?   Answer Question

Staff Process Engineer Interview

Staff Process Engineer
Fremont, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lam Research in October 2009.

Interview Details – I knew several people at Lam before I started. I interviewed with my director-to-be and proposed several solutions to the problems the group had been baffled by. (To be fair my solutions needed a lot of work and required a team effort.) I then interviewed with the entire group. The particular director insisted that every candidate be vetted by all group members. (This is not the standard process at Lam). The group liked me and an offer was made within two weeks.

Interview Question – I do not recall any difficult questions. The most tricky question asked by most interviewers is: What do you see yourself doing in the future? Its difficult because not only there is no right answer, but the same answer can be perceived as positive by one interviewer and negative by the other.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Asked for more vacation. HR would not budge. Instead got an increased signing bonus.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Programmer/Analyst
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lam Research in March 2009.

Interview Details – put resume online, recruiters called, set up meeting with 5 people. basically asked general programming questions, asked about experience, what you liked about the company. they were very friendly and not nit picking. received offer in a week, very fast process, if they really need to fill a position, they will move fast. joined new hire training and started to work soon after.

Interview Question – what is your weakness?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lam Research

Worked for Lam Research? Contribute to the Community!

Lam Research Videos

Lam Research – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​​​Corporate Overview​​​​​​​​ Lam Research Corporation is a major supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the worldwide semiconductor industry, where we have been advancing semiconductor… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lam Research interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lam Research employees and interview candidates.