Lam Research

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

3.1

Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lam Research.

Connected with Lam through headhunter. Had initial phone screens with HR and then with hiring manager. Was flown out for follow-on interview in person. Interview lasted entire day (8 hours) with range of employees who this position would be working with. All interviews were one-on-one and lasted 30-45 minutes. Most interviews focused on questions about my background/experience ("Tell me about a time that ____".) Straight off the lists of common interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly unexpected. Straight off the lists of common interview questions.   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lam Research in October 2014.

Had a phone screen. Hiring manager offered to fly me out for a personal interview. It has been almost 2 months and havent had the courtesy of hearing back from lam.

Interview Questions
    • Would you relocate your family out here on your dime.   View Answer

Etch Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lam Research.

Submitted resume online as well attended infosession on campus. Was referred internally as well. Got a phone call from HR for a quick screen followed up by 2 managers for two different processes a week later.

Was rejected by one of the managers but got offered a position by the other.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included experience with fabs, clean rooms, SEM, etc. More emphasis was placed on my research since it was relevant. No behavioral questions were asked, mostly describing past experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lam Research.

Got screened via phone interview by a recruiter and then a couple days later by a hiring manager. I got invited to the sit-down interview.
    The sit-down interview process consisted of a panel of 4 engineers and a HR representative. Got a tour and then had five 30 minute interviews spanning over a couple of hours.

Staff Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Lam Research.

It was fairly casual. I had an interview with the technical director for the “Conductor Etch Productivity Solutions” group. He asked about my PhD research, which I explained to him and he followed up with some basic questions concerning the work (nothing too difficult). The interviewer constantly emphasized how much pressure and how intense the job was especially in solving problems for customers on site. Then, he pretty much said that there was a laid out procedure to follow to troubleshoot issues and it seemed actually fairly straightforward. Mostly, it just seems like there is a lot of pressure to fix a problem a customer might be having within a really short amount of time. He said you might hear about a problem late Friday, then flight out Sunday to Taiwan or wherever, then work on the issue for a couple days to troubleshoot, then fly back to propose a solution to the team or I am not sure who. I asked him how much training would be involved and he said it was basically trial by fire (maybe jokingly...?), but then he said 4-6 months shadowing and working with another person. So, basically, during the whole interview the interviewer was not consistent with what he was saying and it was difficult to get a good feel for what this job would be like. I got the impression he is not so happy with his job. Seemed like he was trying to discourage me from being interested or maybe make sure I would be able to deal with the pressure? I told him I thought I could handle it fine, but I have not heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay to work with customers who could be extremely mad at you and screaming at you?   View Answer

NCG Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lam Research.

They were nice for the interview, booked flights and stay smoothly. The interviewing manager was nice too. The questions asked were traditional. Nothing that I was not expecting. The interviews were for 30 mins and I met 6-7 people. However there were all kinds of people some very pushy and some casual.

Interview Questions
    • Since I had my internship at the same place, they asked me what are the areas in which the company can improve.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lam Research.

Interview process consisted of a phone screening with HR, a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an on-site interview with 3 of team members, each an hour long. The interview questions spanned a your average swath of cs trivia: deadlock, threads, message passing, advanced data structures. I was shown a piece of code and told find the errors. There were basic logic puzzles as well.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lam Research.

Contacted by a recruiter about the position. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then a 1:1 meeting with the hiring manager. Finally was brought in for a presentation and interviews with numerous individuals. However, within a few days they moved forward. Very fast and aggressive.

Process Engineer III Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lam Research.

The hiring manager called me for technical interview. We talked over the phone for 40 mins. He asked me about my research. He cared how my research related to his project.

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lam Research.

Contacted by HR. Got a phone screen and after a week I was invited to have an onsite interview with five people for about two hours. Everyone was very nice and asked different types of questions, really trying to know you.