Lam Research Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Generally, it wasn't difficult. Focused on your resume and the interviewer wants to see you how to solve a challenge during your work or research. The phone screen took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Lam? How did you solve a problem in your previous work?   Answer Question

Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied 2 months before I got a call for interview. Was interviewed by a team of 4 people for an hour. The interview was a conference call with the team. Everyone said they were impressed by my skills during the interview and even in the reply for my follow-up but a week later they gave me a reject.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to resume, projects, coursework and behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lam Research in May 2015.

Interview

They will call you for phone interview and if got selected will call you for onsite interview. Onsite interview process is difficult. You have to spend whole day with 9 managers including one hour presentation. Nine managers will ask you questions about your previous and current project There will be some fellow in lam research and get ready to face this person. He is rude, nasty and will ask you several diginity related questions during the presentation and also in the separate interview. He will behave like he is the one and only Engineer/Scientist in this world and will behave and treat you in a rude way. Lam Research name is getting spoiled by this Fellow All other managers are perfect and will ask you the reasonable question.

Interview Questions

• general questions like how you managed difficult situation, explain your leadership role, explain a difficult task   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lam Research in April 2015.

Interview

I got an e-mail from HR and he arranged a phone interview with hiring manager.The hiring manager spent several minutes about my research and he gave me 30 seconds to introduce myself.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lam Research in April 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of telephonic interview. Happened with in 2 days gap between each other. Was all through professional. I have been updated appropriately. Wish I would had been told what was missing. Hr mention even though I have strong skills it's not matching with their requirements.

Product Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lam Research in March 2015.

Interview

Talked to three people. Beforehand I was shown around the campus. Everyone was really nice. The questions were not difficult. Mostly we talked about my resume and projects I've worked on in the past.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed because a time constraint.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

4 people interview, first two behavior questions, then coding questions, then talked about personal projects. total 3 and half hours interview. really tired. there is a 20 min break during the whole interview. the campus is located on tulatin OR. the first one just for warming up. then the second guy was meaning, asked many unpleasant questions.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

Connected with Lam through headhunter. Had initial phone screens with HR and then with hiring manager. Was flown out for follow-on interview in person. Interview lasted entire day (8 hours) with range of employees who this position would be working with. All interviews were one-on-one and lasted 30-45 minutes. Most interviews focused on questions about my background/experience ("Tell me about a time that ____".) Straight off the lists of common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly unexpected. Straight off the lists of common interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lam Research (Tualatin, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

Had a telephone interview for a Product Engineering position. Hiring manager was well spoken, clear, and enthusiastic. We scheduled a follow-up call where we can discuss the job in more detail

Interview Questions

• What salary was I looking for?   1 Answer

Equipment Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lam Research in October 2014.

Interview

Had a phone screen. Hiring manager offered to fly me out for a personal interview. It has been almost 2 months and havent had the courtesy of hearing back from lam.

Interview Questions

• Would you relocate your family out here on your dime.   1 Answer