Lam Research Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.1

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

Got screened via phone interview by a recruiter and then a couple days later by a hiring manager. I got invited to the sit-down interview. The sit-down interview process consisted of a panel of 4 engineers and a HR representative. Got a tour and then had five 30 minute interviews spanning over a couple of hours.

Staff Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

It was fairly casual. I had an interview with the technical director for the “Conductor Etch Productivity Solutions” group. He asked about my PhD research, which I explained to him and he followed up with some basic questions concerning the work (nothing too difficult). The interviewer constantly emphasized how much pressure and how intense the job was especially in solving problems for customers on site. Then, he pretty much said that there was a laid out procedure to follow to troubleshoot issues and it seemed actually fairly straightforward. Mostly, it just seems like there is a lot of pressure to fix a problem a customer might be having within a really short amount of time. He said you might hear about a problem late Friday, then flight out Sunday to Taiwan or wherever, then work on the issue for a couple days to troubleshoot, then fly back to propose a solution to the team or I am not sure who. I asked him how much training would be involved and he said it was basically trial by fire (maybe jokingly...?), but then he said 4-6 months shadowing and working with another person. So, basically, during the whole interview the interviewer was not consistent with what he was saying and it was difficult to get a good feel for what this job would be like. I got the impression he is not so happy with his job. Seemed like he was trying to discourage me from being interested or maybe make sure I would be able to deal with the pressure? I told him I thought I could handle it fine, but I have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay to work with customers who could be extremely mad at you and screaming at you?   1 Answer

NCG Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (San Jose, CA).

Interview

They were nice for the interview, booked flights and stay smoothly. The interviewing manager was nice too. The questions asked were traditional. Nothing that I was not expecting. The interviews were for 30 mins and I met 6-7 people. However there were all kinds of people some very pushy and some casual.

Interview Questions

• Since I had my internship at the same place, they asked me what are the areas in which the company can improve.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone screening with HR, a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an on-site interview with 3 of team members, each an hour long. The interview questions spanned a your average swath of cs trivia: deadlock, threads, message passing, advanced data structures. I was shown a piece of code and told find the errors. There were basic logic puzzles as well.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter about the position. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then a 1:1 meeting with the hiring manager. Finally was brought in for a presentation and interviews with numerous individuals. However, within a few days they moved forward. Very fast and aggressive.

Process Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

The hiring manager called me for technical interview. We talked over the phone for 40 mins. He asked me about my research. He cared how my research related to his project.

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Contacted by HR. Got a phone screen and after a week I was invited to have an onsite interview with five people for about two hours. Everyone was very nice and asked different types of questions, really trying to know you.

Senior Director Interview

Application

I interviewed at Lam Research in June 2014.

Interview

it is not too easy to get this job. they have 6 people to have 2 round interviews. all are in their offices. they asked many questions. they called me and negotiated with me for the salary and job functinalities.

salary too low.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It is very technical and detailed. You better know know your stuff and know it well. You cannot bs your way out of this one because all the interviewers are very experienced engineers and they will catch you quickly. Overall, i still had a great time responding to all the questions.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a very thorough and challenging interview process. I first went through campus screening. Then, a few days later, I had a phone interview with an employee in the group I would be working in. A day or two after the phone interview, I was contacted by HR to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview was very long - I was interviewed by at least 9 different people including the hiring manager. After the interviews, I had to give an hour long technical presentation. The entire process probably took 2~3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very technical and directly related to the job position.   Answer Question