Lam Research

Lam Research Process Engineer III Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer III Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lam Research.

The hiring manager called me for technical interview. We talked over the phone for 40 mins. He asked me about my research. He cared how my research related to his project.

Other Interview Reviews for Lam Research

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lam Research in August 2013.

I was contacted by a college recruiter who saw my profile on Linkedin and asked me to apply to a particular opening. She scheduled the initial phone interview within a couple of days, and then had a phone screen the same week with 2 members of the team. They called me for an onsite with the entire group the following week. 8 people interviewed me 1:1 and I gave a presentation at the end of the day. I heard back by the end of that week regarding their decision. Took less than 2 weeks from initial contact for the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were on the reactions and basics of etch processes.   Answer Question
    Negotiating is usually advised, but I didn't, since it matched the market's higher end salary for such a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lam Research in February 2008.

Interview was scheduled within a couple of months of original application.
    The interview process was prety rigorous, with 9 interviewers, and took the entire day. Had to give a 1 hour presentation talk coming from academia. Questions were not too technical, only a couple required discussion at the board.

Interview Questions
    • How would you solve an undercut issue when etching silicon with top hard mask?   View Answer
    Very short, I did not bargain since a needed a job fast.