Lam Research Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

3.4

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lam Research in May 2015.

Interview

They will call you for phone interview and if got selected will call you for onsite interview. Onsite interview process is difficult. You have to spend whole day with 9 managers including one hour presentation. Nine managers will ask you questions about your previous and current project There will be some fellow in lam research and get ready to face this person. He is rude, nasty and will ask you several diginity related questions during the presentation and also in the separate interview. He will behave like he is the one and only Engineer/Scientist in this world and will behave and treat you in a rude way. Lam Research name is getting spoiled by this Fellow All other managers are perfect and will ask you the reasonable question.

Interview Questions

• general questions like how you managed difficult situation, explain your leadership role, explain a difficult task   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lam Research

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lam Research (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I did online submit and wait for 1 month to have phone interview. T phone interview screening was with manager first. I wait for a week to know the results of phone interview. I met 6 persons during on-site interview. The final decision was taken 2 weeks.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

almost a week after I submit my resume online, a recruiter contacted me via email. Phone interview in the next week. A manager in ALD group interviewed me. All was about ALD details. Precursors, chamber pressure, reaction...can't answer all.

Interview Questions

• What is the vapor pressure of TMA and what is the base pressure in ALD.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lam Research (Tualatin, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

A friend who worked at the company forwarded my resume. I eventually got a phone interview with a program manager, which involved a few technical and behavioral questions to gauge my background and interest. I was invited for an in-person interview, expenses on them. The in-person interview consisted of a 45 minute presentation of my past research and then 6 or so one-on-one interviews with different program managers that lasted 30min each. There was a break for lunch, with my host program manager. The one-on-one interviews varied. Some asked a lot of technical questions and were more aggressive, others were friendlier and asked more behavior questions, or just about my past experience. I can say for sure that it's okay to not do as-well in one of the one-on-one interviews as long as you do well on others. I left that day not thinking I did well, and didn't hear from them for nearly three weeks so assumed I didn't get it, but they called back three weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you have two CVD reactors that are exactly the same, running recipes that are exactly the same, but the growth rate comes out different, how would you troubleshoot it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a higher starting salary given my years of previous experience. My program manager called back the next day with a solid bump in offered salary, which I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA).

Interview

They called me after I submitted my resume two weeks later for a phone interview, then I was given onsite interview after another 2 weeks. I was asked to give a presentation and 11 people talked to me including the HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed as New College Graduate. Interviewers are generally quite nice. Questions are technical and behavioral. Need to prepare a technical presentation (mini PhD thesis presentation) and be ready to answer tough technical question about experiments and data interpretation. Interviewee will be judged on how he/she reacts to difficult questions, open-mindedness, critical thinking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i did not negotiate (I was naive).

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was applying for an RCG position as a process engineer. The interview consisted of an hour-long presentation of my PhD research, followed by many 30 minute 1-1 interviews with the various group managers. Questions consisted of a mix of behavioral and technical questions. It ended up being a very long day of interviewing, and I actually started to get thirsty and dizzy near the end of it! Nevertheless, everyone was very professional, very intelligent, and very personable towards me. My overall impression of the company is very positive, and the work ethic is top notch. I can easily see how this company is the industry leader, but the downside is that the working schedule appeared very demanding (10+ hour days).

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult part about your PhD research and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you worked on a team.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lam Research in July 2011.

Interview

Excellent interview with all the major stakeholders from process and hardware engineering group present in the presentation and interview process. Each group provided the best possible perspective to help adjust to the work environment. I would definitely recommend the company for all aspiring new graduates getting to the semiconductor industry.

Interview Questions

• How do you don the role of an engineer being a science graduate?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

a manager called me saying that he got my resume from linked in. asked questions on my previous experience. The phone interview went pretty well and he said he will arrange an onsite and let me know when. However, he never got back to me nor answered my calls.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lam Research in November 2011.

Interview

end up with hiring someone they know.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe yourself?   1 Answer