Lam Research

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview Details – almost a week after I submit my resume online, a recruiter contacted me via email. Phone interview in the next week. A manager in ALD group interviewed me. All was about ALD details. Precursors, chamber pressure, reaction...can't answer all.

Interview Question – What is the vapor pressure of TMA and what is the base pressure in ALD.   Answer Question

Tualatin, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lam Research in April 2013.

Interview Details – A friend who worked at the company forwarded my resume. I eventually got a phone interview with a program manager, which involved a few technical and behavioral questions to gauge my background and interest. I was invited for an in-person interview, expenses on them.

The in-person interview consisted of a 45 minute presentation of my past research and then 6 or so one-on-one interviews with different program managers that lasted 30min each. There was a break for lunch, with my host program manager. The one-on-one interviews varied. Some asked a lot of technical questions and were more aggressive, others were friendlier and asked more behavior questions, or just about my past experience.

I can say for sure that it's okay to not do as-well in one of the one-on-one interviews as long as you do well on others. I left that day not thinking I did well, and didn't hear from them for nearly three weeks so assumed I didn't get it, but they called back three weeks later with an offer.

Interview Question – If you have two CVD reactors that are exactly the same, running recipes that are exactly the same, but the growth rate comes out different, how would you troubleshoot it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a higher starting salary given my years of previous experience. My program manager called back the next day with a solid bump in offered salary, which I accepted.

Fremont, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview Details – They called me after I submitted my resume two weeks later for a phone interview,
 then I was given onsite interview after another 2 weeks.
 I was asked to give a presentation and 11 people talked to me including the HR

Interview Question – Lots of technical questions   Answer Question

Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview Details – I was interviewed as New College Graduate. Interviewers are generally quite nice. Questions are technical and behavioral. Need to prepare a technical presentation (mini PhD thesis presentation) and be ready to answer tough technical question about experiments and data interpretation. Interviewee will be judged on how he/she reacts to difficult questions, open-mindedness, critical thinking.

Interview Question – how would you improve your experiment design?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i did not negotiate (I was naive).

Fremont, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lam Research in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was applying for an RCG position as a process engineer. The interview consisted of an hour-long presentation of my PhD research, followed by many 30 minute 1-1 interviews with the various group managers. Questions consisted of a mix of behavioral and technical questions. It ended up being a very long day of interviewing, and I actually started to get thirsty and dizzy near the end of it! Nevertheless, everyone was very professional, very intelligent, and very personable towards me. My overall impression of the company is very positive, and the work ethic is top notch. I can easily see how this company is the industry leader, but the downside is that the working schedule appeared very demanding (10+ hour days).

Interview Questions

Process Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Lam Research in November 2011.

Interview Details – end up with hiring someone they know.

Interview Question – How do you describe yourself?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lam Research

Worked for Lam Research? Contribute to the Community!

Lam Research Videos

Lam Research – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​​​Corporate Overview​​​​​​​​ Lam Research Corporation is a major supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the worldwide semiconductor industry, where we have been advancing semiconductor… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lam Research Process Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lam Research employees and interview candidates.