Lam Research Senior Product Engineer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in April 2007.

Interview

First interview consisted of HR screening. The HR manager did not seem to have a grasp of etch technology. Had a second interview on the phone with the hiring manager. He seemed impressed but concerned that I might be overqualified. Third interview was 1-1 with 4 managers and 2 engineers. After going through this process, I was put in front of 3 engineers who shot questions at me. Two of the engineers were pretty sharp and knew what they were talking about. One of the engineers was marginal and went on a rant about something they obviously knew little about. (I think the other engineers knew this). All in all a positive process.

Interview Questions

• What would do you to fix a reticulation problem on an old style moveable gap system with a shadow clamp?   2 Answers

Negotiation

First offer was too low to accept. I was able to negotiate a slight increase in starting salary along with more stock options. I was unable to get more intial vacation time (3 weeks) as asked.