Lamar Advertising Interview Questions

Updated Nov 25, 2014

1.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lamar Advertising.

Interview

easy apply through the website, Standard interview, nothing out of the ordinary. went through my portfolio, they asked questions about each piece and basic skill set questions, how I worked with a teach and so on

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lamar Advertising (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Filled out online application, promptly received an initial phone interview, met with hiring supervisor the following week, professional yet relaxed interview. Straightforward interview with about ten canned questions the lead up intrduction actually lasted longer than the battery of questions

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to a potential client that says they need time to think about it   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lamar Advertising (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2013.

Interview

Most of the interview questions are behavioral questions

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lamar Advertising.

Interview

Pretty basic interview, anyone with a good sales approach should do fine. They want hunters, obviously who will go out and knock on as many doors as you can. You do have to pass a drug test before hiring and are subject to random drug tests throughout your employment.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions you shouldn't be able to handle if you've been in sales before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Lamar won't negotiate, and their starting salary is extremely low. That's why many candidates decline working for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lamar Advertising (Augusta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Vey laid back and quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing.

Account Executive Interview

Application

interviewed at Lamar Advertising in June 2009.

Interview

Very basic interview. Sales related questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lamar Advertising (Eugene, OR) in January 2009.

Interview

2 interviews. Offer is contingent on passing a drug screen. Offer a base, phone allowance, car allowance, 401k match, discount stock purchase, one week vacation for first year, two for second year.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in the products?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked for more vacation time....was accustomed to at least two weeks off. Was told I could use sick days for vacation.

Contract Coordinator Interview

Interview

2 interviews a preliminary interview and then second interview is where you get the job offer and review of the job. easy interviews, want to know your background and about your personality.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lamar Advertising in November 2008.

Interview

I presented my portfolio and gave my resume to someone within in the company; he gave it to a manager once it came time for hiring (months later). Manager called me in for an interview and to review my portfolio. It was a very relaxed, 1-on-1 interview. Although I wore a suit, Manager was in shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals. Manager was very friendly, made me very comfortable, and gave me an idea of a daily schedule there. Once Manager approved, he needed the General Manager's approval and I went on an interview with the GM about a week later. Even my interview with the GM was relaxed, casual, and inviting. Roughly a week after my interview with the GM, the Manager called and offered the job with my requested hourly pay. When I got a tour of the place, I noticed the workers were all very young (aged 25-40) and relatively new to the industry. Although the work culture is more casual than others I've experienced, this is in no way an indication that the people do not work hard. The designers must complete a lot of work in a day and there isn't much room for goofing off. Unfortunately, the physical environment in which the designers worked inhibited their creativity, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Truthfully, the interview itself was not typical an no particularly difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I requested a specific hourly pay and I got it. However, I made sure to stay within the middle of our local industry's pay range while still pitching higher than I was making at the time.