Lamar Advertising

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Augusta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lamar Advertising in May 2010.

Interview Details – Vey laid back and quick.

Interview Question – A few basic canned questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Lamar Advertising in May 2013.

Interview Details – Most of the interview questions are behavioral questions

Interview Question – Tell me the time when you take initiative at work.   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lamar Advertising.

Interview Details – Pretty basic interview, anyone with a good sales approach should do fine. They want hunters, obviously who will go out and knock on as many doors as you can. You do have to pass a drug test before hiring and are subject to random drug tests throughout your employment.

Interview Question – No difficult questions you shouldn't be able to handle if you've been in sales before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Lamar won't negotiate, and their starting salary is extremely low. That's why many candidates decline working for them.

Eugene, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lamar Advertising in January 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. Offer is contingent on passing a drug screen. Offer a base, phone allowance, car allowance, 401k match, discount stock purchase, one week vacation for first year, two for second year.

Interview Question – Do you believe in the products?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Asked for more vacation time....was accustomed to at least two weeks off. Was told I could use sick days for vacation.

Account Executive

I interviewed at Lamar Advertising in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very basic interview. Sales related questions.

Interview Question – none---very basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lamar Advertising in November 2008.

Interview Details – I presented my portfolio and gave my resume to someone within in the company; he gave it to a manager once it came time for hiring (months later). Manager called me in for an interview and to review my portfolio. It was a very relaxed, 1-on-1 interview. Although I wore a suit, Manager was in shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals. Manager was very friendly, made me very comfortable, and gave me an idea of a daily schedule there. Once Manager approved, he needed the General Manager's approval and I went on an interview with the GM about a week later. Even my interview with the GM was relaxed, casual, and inviting. Roughly a week after my interview with the GM, the Manager called and offered the job with my requested hourly pay. When I got a tour of the place, I noticed the workers were all very young (aged 25-40) and relatively new to the industry. Although the work culture is more casual than others I've experienced, this is in no way an indication that the people do not work hard. The designers must complete a lot of work in a day and there isn't much room for goofing off. Unfortunately, the physical environment in which the designers worked inhibited their creativity, in my opinion.

Interview Question – Truthfully, the interview itself was not typical an no particularly difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I requested a specific hourly pay and I got it. However, I made sure to stay within the middle of our local industry's pay range while still pitching higher than I was making at the time.

Worked for Lamar Advertising? Contribute to the Community!