Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Applied online. Received first interview within 5 days. Once completed, had the next interview scheduled within 2 hours. Was told that they were looking to hire someone in this role quickly and that I fit with their culture. Good response time to start with.
    Second interview was supposed to be with management, but was switched on me at the last second. Another recruiter had called and started prodding around to know my religion. I am a Christian (which I did not think would be a problem, all things considered), but it seems I am not the right 'brand' of Christian for them. Everything went quiet for a few days. After reaching out twice to the initial recruiter, I was told that they had decided on an internal hire, instead (which doesn't make sense, considering the position had been re-posted on a major job site two days before).

Interview Questions

• Basic questions to see if you fit with their culture.   1 Answer

A Service Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey.

Interview

It was a long process involving about 6 interviews and more interviewers than I can recite. Everyone was very kind! I wasn't sure about the position until I started talking with people I would be working with. They made all the difference in my decision.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions. Why do I want to work for Lampo and how I go about my job. While I suspect someone looked at my social media presence, they only view what is public. No one follows you or asks for passwords or anything ridiculous. They can only see what you can find from a Google search....most every reputable company and recruiter do that, too. Just how it is these days!   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey.

Interview

A few weeks after I submitted my online application, a telephone interview was set up by email. I chatted with one of the HR recruiters, who was really friendly and positive. After that, another telephone interview with the VP of the department I'd applied to. Again, friendly and positive. The day afterwards I was notified that I didn't receive the role.

I'm grateful for the quick turnover of interviews and feedback. I'm also really surprised by the passion that the employees I spoke to have for working at Lampo. It seems to be a phenomenal place to work at!

Interview Questions

• Typical: Tell me about yourself; what are your personal and professional goals; why are you applying for this job.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The process is long. The process from start to finish was 6 weeks, I had a total of 7 interviews. They start with a recruiter and then proceed from there. They don't want to be rushed with any decision so if you are in a hurry for employment this isn't the place for you. It went very smoothly , the hiring manager I worked with was quick to respond to inquires and kept the process moving. They emphasize that the culture of the company is a big priority and that God is at the center of it, so if those two things make you uncomfortable then apply elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey.

Interview

The Lampo Group's hiring process is designed to ensure you are a good fit for the company and the company is a good fit for you. Think of it as a long exploratory expedition for Lampo and you will not be disappointed by any timelines. It was interesting and I felt like I had a firm grasp on what my position would have been about and how the company operated, so extended time lines are not necessarily bad.

They used phone calls, video chat, in person interviews, a DISC profile assessment (which I appreciated), a written exam, a practical exam, and my written monthly budget as part of this process that spanned about two months. Between all the activities and interviews, I did something for this application twice a week for its duration. Through the whole process, I talked to 16 different people who were all very kind. The typical difficult interview questions could be asked no matter how far into the process we were.

One of the early tasks in the process was to fill out the DISC profile assessment, which gives a nice report of your personality. Lampo takes this report to heart. When I was on site touring their facility, every employee had part of this report printed out next to their picture. Also, the hiring manager and head of HR were reportedly discussing my profile heavily on my last call.

After two video chat sessions with the technical manager and team, I took a timed 9-question exam to evaluate my skills. Next, the practical exam was a simple AWS web server cluster I had to configure and document the process.

After that, they invited me on site for some in-person interviews. It was great to meet the teams I might be working for and see the facilities. Everything in the building I saw was well-kept and clean. The people in the halls smiled and were courteous, although the tie I was wearing tipped them off that I was interviewing. The in-person interview culminated with dinner with the hiring manager, CIO, and their spouses along with my spouse to interview her about the prospective new position. This is getting into the part of the process Lampo uses to see if the company is a good fit for you.

When they initially explained that part of the process, I assumed they meant they wanted to be completely transparent so that I could make the most informed decision. That was not it at all. Lampo makes this determination for you. After the on-site portion was over, I got a call from the head of HR and the hiring manager. They needed to make a choice of whether this was a good position for me. Based on a gut feeling, he said that it would be unkind for them to offer me a position at Lampo because I am not ready to make the move. It seemed odd to me because I felt like I was in a better position to make that call. They mentioned some unarticulated reservations they had, too, so maybe they did have a better reason they did not want to share with me. In the end, they wanted me to reapply after a few years when I am actually ready to move.

Interview Questions

• They asked some of the difficult but standard interview questions well into the interview process.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey.

Interview

The first interview was a quick phone interview with questions like what do you know about Dave, what do you do in your spare time, are you ok with a biblical setting at work, etc. I was also asked about salary requirements in the first interview.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey (Franklin, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews before pulling out of the process. The weirdest part was that I couldn't get a straight answer on the salary. When I learned that I was in phase 3 of 6 or 7 in the interview process, I took the other job on the table. It had been 5 weeks since the original interview.

Could be a great company, just make sure you have 2-3 months to interview if you're looking for a job

Marketing Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey (Brentwood, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

Like others have said, the process is extremely long and they ask you what you know about Dave and his principles. I spoke with 5 or 6 different people (all of whom were great to speak with) over the course of 2 months. This ranged from people who I would directly work with and others who I would never interact with. There was also a knowledge and personality test before my 3rd or 4th call that I passed with flying colors. They were not very flexible with times, they gave you times that they were available and you had to work around their schedule or wait another week before you heard back. They offered to fly me out and put me in a hotel, but as I said, not very flexible and that kind of gave me a bad feeling. If you're not into Dave, his philosophies or a Christian, this probably isn't the place for you. Me personally, I like Dave and his principles, but after the process, it wasn't somewhere I wanted to work because I feel it's an organization that expects its employees to take a pay cut for the opportunity to work there, while paying it's top employees enormous salaries. The pay was pretty low for the position they were hiring, however I'm sure there was great opportunity for growth, but it would have taken me a few years just to make what I was currently making, which ultimately I wasn't willing to do. If you are someone who doesn't currently have a job and needs income, do not apply, you're wasting your time because it's probably going to take you 3 months from the time you apply to the time you get an offer. If you currently have a job, the process could be a blessing, you get to know them and they get to know you.

Interview Questions

The pay was not even close to my current salary and some of the other offers i received

Event Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey (Brentwood, TN).

Interview

Long process with several rounds of interviews. I made it past the 5th interview round and just knew in my gut this would not be a good fit for me or them. I made it through 2 phone interviews, 3 in person and one personality test. Great company, just not for me.

Interview Questions

• Not really a question but they wanted links to every social media account I had. I have nothing to hide, it's just too intrusive for me.   Answer Question

Stewardship Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lampo Group, Dave Ramsey (Brentwood, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very lengthy. If you have listened to Dave talk about his company on the radio then you know this by now. The reason is a good one. To keep crazy people out! It's also to make sure you know what you are walking in to is a fit for you and your family. For my position I was taking a risk of making less my first year (because I was going on commissions) and it was made completely clear that it was a possibility. I never felt like they were trying to sell me on the position or making false promises. I loved working with each person that I spoke with along the way.

The interview process went as follows:

Applied online
    Same day received an email from HR requesting a phone interview
    1st phone interview with HR rep
    1st Skype interview with department leader and team coaches
    Asked to fill out DISC profile and submit budget
    2nd Skype interview with team leader VP of department
    In person interview with team leader and EVP of department
    Skype interview with team leader and team coach
    In person interview with HR director
    In person spousal interview with team leader and team coach
    Offer received

So in all 11 steps and around 3 months from applying to starting. I hope this helps if you are at the beginning stages of interviewing. Trust me, it's worth the wait and the time it takes to work for this fantastic company.