Lancaster University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lancaster University

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lancaster University.

Interview questions are quite standard like why you join the project, what are your background, how would you cope with challenges and difficult situations. I find it rather easy to cope with. The main thing they would like to find out is whether you would fit the group or not.

Interview Questions
    • It is rather standard questions on your background, skills, motivation to join the project.   Answer Question

Analyst Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lancaster University in April 2014.

Applied online using a simple and easy to fill out web application, asked to fill in a range of competency questions regarding both hard and soft skills along with uploading a digital copy of my C.V.

This was followed up with a direct face to face interview with a panel of three people about 2 weeks later, this took place on the university campus.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to prepare a 10 minute presentation about a project that have worked on in the past, this was then followed up with a series of question about how this experience related to the job. I have to say that i was supprised by the lack of technical questions based on the fact that this was an interview for a technical position.   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lancaster University.

Single interview with two academics. One from the department that I was applying to and one from another faculty. Lasted no more than 30 minutes and basically covered what my research interests are, how would I tackle the project problems, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your research as if talking to a non expert in the street.   Answer Question