Land O'Lakes

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Shoreview, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Land O'Lakes in April 2013.

Interview Details – 5 total interviews. Based on behavioral interview questions. There were questions about your five to ten year plan, how you demonstrate leadership, and several behavioral questions (tell me a time when...).

Interview Question – Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Adminstartive Assistant Interview

Adminstartive Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview Details – online submission, luck of draw with HR who have no clue of field positions

Interview Question – 5-10 year plan   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do your research in your job location and use that. Sometimes they are too focused on Minneapolis job market

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview Details – We had a meet and greet at a local restaurant then the interview was the next day. The day before was the career fair so we were able to meet with them then too.

Interview Question – What's your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview Details – I got informed that I would have a phone interview. A few days after I got phone call from a HR. The whole interview was about 10 minutes. She asked me about 3 or 4 general interview questions. I did not make the second round.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. All were general.   Answer Question

QA Supervisor Interview

QA Supervisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Land O'Lakes in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through university career fair. Phone interview with HR followed by QA Manager. On-site interview with 6 people in two rounds. They already had their questions ready...very specific questions...mostly behavior questions.. EXAMPLES ARE MUST IN EACH ANSWER....

Interview Question – Seems like many questions were repeating...   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Arden Hills, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Land O'Lakes in May 2010.

Interview Details – One phone interview, one onsite interview. Nice people.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a good offer so I accepted it.

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

Accounting/Finance Intern
Arden Hills, MN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Land O'Lakes in November 2012.

Interview Details – I met the recruiter at a college internship fair and applied online in September. I did not hear back from them until mid-December. A few days later, I interviewed via two 30-minute phone calls then got my offer the following day.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions. A few resume questions.   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Interview

Finance and Accounting

Interviewed at Land O'Lakes

Interview Details – 2 rounds, basic behavioral questions in addition to resume review.

Interview Question – How do your skills fit into working at Land O'Lakes?   Answer Question

Planner/Scheduler Interview

Planner/Scheduler

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview Details – There were 4 interviews with various management and human resource. It was dragged on and interviewers were late or postponed their appointment with you. Had to fill out my application online two times because of a software issue and was making things difficult. This was what I thought to be a great career but I was greatly disappointing.

Interview Question – Questions were worded to mean the same like they were badgering you to open up something that you did previously that wasn't a positive result.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did my homework about my wages thanks to this and other sites similar. I was told they would match that wage based on additional yearly bonuses but these bonuses never happened. Unknown to me my job title was changed so I was kept from advancing to higher pay after creating this new title corporate red flags went away!

Transportation Planner Interview

Transportation Planner
Shoreview, MN

I applied online and interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview Details – First step: Phone Interview
Second step: 5 Panel behavioral questions. You interview with 5 people, one at a time, lasting about 2-3 hours. All based on past experiences. It's very easy to lose focus during interview and the team seemed like the only work there for the money.

Interview Question – The interview process is tiring and not effective. Sitting for 2-3 hours and being asked questions by 5+ people one at a time can be challenging, tiring and confusing. They didn't offer water or any refreshment.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Land O'Lakes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Land O'Lakes interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Land O'Lakes employees and interview candidates.