Land O'Lakes Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Land O'Lakes (Arden Hills, MN).

Interview

Professional recruiter, fast hiring process, and great communication throughout. Met with 3 sales leaders for an hour each. Some behavior based interview questions and very conversational. It was a positive experience!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Competitive compensation offer! Negotiated additional vacation time.

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Land O'Lakes (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by panel interview with 5 different team leads. Normal interview questions and talked about previous work experience. The process was very quick only took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tough project you were apart of what did you do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

Met at Career Fair, had a 30 minute interview. The questions were pretty standard, with a decent amount of repetition. Most were personality questions and responses to different scenarios. Main concern was about dealing with people and managerial skills. Got the offer within a week of interview. Very Prompt in whole process.

Interview Questions

• It was all pretty simple and expected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

actually had two recruiters that submitted my resume, back in 2001. That made it hard but it worked out. I interviewed and had the job by the end of the week. The programming skills I had were in very short demand, so I think they were quite happy to find me. I don't think my experience is quite the normal any more, with things taking more time and interviewing with more people.

Negotiation

I got an offer that was just a bit more than I had been making. Was unemployed at the time, and was happy to get offer. Asked for an extra week of vacation and got it.

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spencer, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Land O'Lakes (Spencer, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Physical including lab work, urinalysis, and 50 lb lift test at the Marshfield Clinic, which took at least two hours. I then had a written test which took two hours asking personality and IQ questions. The interview with a panel including the plant manager and human resources. It was a very tedious process. The orientation was quite lengthy, which took three days. The overall experience of the interview was very poor. They spent too much time looking for the right person. That place is a revolving door with poor leadership. It's a terrible place to work.

Interview Questions

• Name some of your weaknesses. What don't you like about yourself.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Land O'Lakes (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university. Initial submissions included resume drop and online application. Only one round of resumes ensued, yet you have 2 30-minute interviews totaling 60 minutes. One interview consists of a 2-on-1 with a supply chain recruiter and an associate in the TAP Rotational Program. The second one consists of a 1-on-1 with a higher-level manager (perhaps someone managing plants in a given region). All questions are behavioral, and some questions overlap between the two interviews. However, the order in which the interviews are administered can change with each candidate.

In accordance with Minnesota law, all additional tests (drug, background) were completed after extending an offer.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

3 phone interviews. 1st one with HR. 2nd one with HR, Plant Manager and Hiring Manager. Next, I had an in person interview in a panel interview. I had to do a presentation selling myself to the company. Went on another interview the following day with HR on the phone. I also had to do a leadership assessment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tell them your concerns if you're not happy with your ofer

Adminstartive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

online submission, luck of draw with HR who have no clue of field positions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do your research in your job location and use that. Sometimes they are too focused on Minneapolis job market

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

We had a meet and greet at a local restaurant then the interview was the next day. The day before was the career fair so we were able to meet with them then too.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

I got informed that I would have a phone interview. A few days after I got phone call from a HR. The whole interview was about 10 minutes. She asked me about 3 or 4 general interview questions. I did not make the second round.