Landis+Gyr Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

2.8

Logistics Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview

HR phone screening followed by phone interview, and then an onsite interview with a supervisor, peer, and HR director. The next step is a phone interview with a VP. Overall, the communication about what is going to happen next in the process has been very helpful. Looking forward to see what else this company has to offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle specific logistics issues?   Answer Question
    • What percentage of time of would spend planning for a project versus execution?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview

Phone Screen with HR, In person interview with CIO, a peer, and a subordinate. The CIO was nice, but the HR person seemed to be the one to make the decision not to move forward with my candidacy.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview

Interview was decently good. Mostly based on embedded systems and RTOS VxWorks. I did not have any background in Embedded Software and hence found a few questions challenging. Overall, the level of questions was easy and nothing much to worry about.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. A person having some background of RTOS and Embedded systems can crack the questions easily enough   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview

HR calls. Make sure you ask him the position he is calling about. I had applied for an intern and a full time position both and didn't realize I talked to the HR for the full time until coming on site for the interview.

Interview Questions

• You are working on a project with Time, Cost and Quality as deliverable constraints. What will you maximize the most and why?   2 Answers

Negotiation

They didn't negotiate. I liked the work environment better than my other offers so took this one.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr in June 2014.

Interview

Unfortunately the HR department is completely dysfunctional - they really dragged their feet on the initial part of the hiring process. I had a phone interview with one HR person, then a second one with a different HR person who asked me the exact same questions. When I came in for a group interview, I expected to meet with everyone at once. Instead one tech lead asked me a bunch of questions, took me on a tour of the facility, then brought me back to the conference room where I conversed separately with an architect, then another tech lead, then two engineers, and finally the first tech lead again. After that it was another phone interview with a manager in another city, then a call with an offer several days later. After this long drawn-out process they wanted an answer on the offer and full contact info for three references within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't throw me any curveballs. Fairly standard language-specific and Agile process questions.   Answer Question

Service Desk Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the next day, I received a response via email to complete a short questionnaire. That same day, I received a request for a phone interview with the recruiter. That conversation lasted less than 10 minutes and he recommended me to the hiring manager. The following Monday, I spoke to the hiring manager for 30 minutes and it was mentioned that she had other open positions for which I was being considered. Five days after speaking with the hiring manager, I received an email with a generic rejection response.

Rather Not Say Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first interview was with the person I would report to and the second interview was with a panel of three or four.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question I had was, "How do you deal with stress?" It was easy to answer, just unexpected.   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr (Bloomington, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 3 people: two Indian men and one African American woman. All of them were very cordial and respectful. There was no initial phone interview. The interview lasted for about 1.5hrs. Even though this position was about software testing, they asked a lot of questions about programming which I was glad they did

Interview Questions

• Difference between ORDER BY and GROUP BY   1 Answer

Lead Firmware QA Tester Interview

Interview

Initial phone call with HR then a face to face

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landis+Gyr (Lafayette, IN) in April 2008.

Interview

I just applied to the company via a school website and I was called in for an on-site interview. The interview process consisted of first talking to the HR representative of the company. She asked me a few behavioral questions and talked to me about the company and what I would be expected to do. After her, two department heads (Engineering and Marketing) came in and had a chat with me about what interests me, hobbies, school coursework, etc. They also asked me some behavioral questions geared towards conflict management and handling people. Just be open with them, be honest and dont try too hard. It was a very relaxed interview and I felt very comfortable during. They dont grill you, and you get the sense that they want you to work there too.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you used your engineering thought process to solve a problem you didnt know how to solve right away?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took their first offer because there was no room to negotiate, they had a SET co-op student position salary with a SET raise.