Landis+Gyr

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Implementation Engineer I Interview

Technical Implementation Engineer I

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview Details – HR calls. Make sure you ask him the position he is calling about. I had applied for an intern and a full time position both and didn't realize I talked to the HR for the full time until coming on site for the interview.

Interview Question – You are working on a project with Time, Cost and Quality as deliverable constraints. What will you maximize the most and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't negotiate. I liked the work environment better than my other offers so took this one.

Service Desk Analyst II Interview

Service Desk Analyst II

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Landis+Gyr in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the next day, I received a response via email to complete a short questionnaire. That same day, I received a request for a phone interview with the recruiter. That conversation lasted less than 10 minutes and he recommended me to the hiring manager.
The following Monday, I spoke to the hiring manager for 30 minutes and it was mentioned that she had other open positions for which I was being considered. Five days after speaking with the hiring manager, I received an email with a generic rejection response.

Rather Not Say Interview

Rather Not Say

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview Details – There were two interviews. The first interview was with the person I would report to and the second interview was with a panel of three or four.

Interview Question – The unexpected question I had was, "How do you deal with stress?" It was easy to answer, just unexpected.   View Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Software QA Engineer
Bloomington, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Landis+Gyr in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a panel of 3 people: two Indian men and one African American woman. All of them were very cordial and respectful. There was no initial phone interview. The interview lasted for about 1.5hrs. Even though this position was about software testing, they asked a lot of questions about programming which I was glad they did

Interview Question – Difference between ORDER BY and GROUP BY   View Answer

Interview Question – Describe the ZigBee process flow   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Co-Op Student
Lafayette, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at Landis+Gyr in April 2008.

Interview Details – I just applied to the company via a school website and I was called in for an on-site interview.

The interview process consisted of first talking to the HR representative of the company. She asked me a few behavioral questions and talked to me about the company and what I would be expected to do. After her, two department heads (Engineering and Marketing) came in and had a chat with me about what interests me, hobbies, school coursework, etc. They also asked me some behavioral questions geared towards conflict management and handling people.

Just be open with them, be honest and dont try too hard. It was a very relaxed interview and I felt very comfortable during. They dont grill you, and you get the sense that they want you to work there too.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you used your engineering thought process to solve a problem you didnt know how to solve right away?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took their first offer because there was no room to negotiate, they had a SET co-op student position salary with a SET raise.

SQA Engineer Interview

SQA Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Landis+Gyr in October 2013.

Interview Details – There are 4 rounds:
1) Technical written
2) 3 Technical interview

Interview Question – Written was related to database. And interview they asked mainly related to testing concepts and SQL queries.   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Landis+Gyr.

Interview Details – The whole process took around 2 weeks. Interview pannel guys have only basic knowledge. Round1 was a technical round and it moreover like a personal chatting,talking about family background and all that stuff. The interviewer doesnt seems to have a strong coding knowledge.
Round 2 - Very Simple - only 1 puzzle and again about my previous company.

I was doubtful, I was not sure for what profile they are hiring.

Nothing technical was asked. Whatever was asked, can be answered by the final year student also.

Interview Question – Will you be able to handle a team here. I was speechless when this question came in front of me ;)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do not join. I joined this organization and put down my papers just after a month. Read all the review comments on glassdoor before joining this organization. All these negative comments are very true. Could not see a single positive point for staying in this organization.

Lead Interview

Lead
Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Landis+Gyr in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process is real farce with no format and worse part is people are decided if they can solve puzzles put my by Senior SQA Manager. He himself does not know what he is talking about and talks nonsense most of the time.

Interview Question – Childish puzzles   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Landis+Gyr in June 2013.

Interview Details – No warmth in greeting the candidate

Interview Question – None that i have faced   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Culturally backward and immature folks

Worked for Landis+Gyr? Contribute to the Community!