Landis+Gyr

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.7

Technical Implementation Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Landis+Gyr.

HR calls. Make sure you ask him the position he is calling about. I had applied for an intern and a full time position both and didn't realize I talked to the HR for the full time until coming on site for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • You are working on a project with Time, Cost and Quality as deliverable constraints. What will you maximize the most and why?   Answer Question
    They didn't negotiate. I liked the work environment better than my other offers so took this one.

Service Desk Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Landis+Gyr in April 2014.

I applied online and the next day, I received a response via email to complete a short questionnaire. That same day, I received a request for a phone interview with the recruiter. That conversation lasted less than 10 minutes and he recommended me to the hiring manager.
    The following Monday, I spoke to the hiring manager for 30 minutes and it was mentioned that she had other open positions for which I was being considered. Five days after speaking with the hiring manager, I received an email with a generic rejection response.

Rather Not Say Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Landis+Gyr.

There were two interviews. The first interview was with the person I would report to and the second interview was with a panel of three or four.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question I had was, "How do you deal with stress?" It was easy to answer, just unexpected.   View Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Landis+Gyr in July 2013.

I was interviewed by a panel of 3 people: two Indian men and one African American woman. All of them were very cordial and respectful. There was no initial phone interview. The interview lasted for about 1.5hrs. Even though this position was about software testing, they asked a lot of questions about programming which I was glad they did

Interview Questions
    • Difference between ORDER BY and GROUP BY   View Answer

Lead Firmware QA Tester Interview

Initial phone call with HR then a face to face

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Landis+Gyr in April 2008.

I just applied to the company via a school website and I was called in for an on-site interview.

The interview process consisted of first talking to the HR representative of the company. She asked me a few behavioral questions and talked to me about the company and what I would be expected to do. After her, two department heads (Engineering and Marketing) came in and had a chat with me about what interests me, hobbies, school coursework, etc. They also asked me some behavioral questions geared towards conflict management and handling people.

Just be open with them, be honest and dont try too hard. It was a very relaxed interview and I felt very comfortable during. They dont grill you, and you get the sense that they want you to work there too.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you used your engineering thought process to solve a problem you didnt know how to solve right away?   Answer Question
    I took their first offer because there was no room to negotiate, they had a SET co-op student position salary with a SET raise.

Support Role Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Landis+Gyr.

4 interviews, all reasonable so nothing really unexpected. If it's a higher role you will get a psychological questionnaire. Some managers have good experience, others are not so, so their questioning may not relate well to what you expect so don't expect to be suprised

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Landis+Gyr in August 2014.

Received a call from LinkedIn. Was a invited interview. Written followed by 3 technical rounds. 3rd is the most easiest or can be just called a formality. They ask mostly the basic of .NET technology and SQL concepts. Do give practical examples in support to your answers as it helps impressing the interviewee. The process is very long and almost took my complete day.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare your basics well. They can also ask puzzles. Although the puzzles can be found in the internet.   Answer Question
    HR are good in negotiation. Please keep your career growth in mind and ask accordingly. Probably they will give it.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Landis+Gyr.

The whole process took around 2 weeks. Interview pannel guys have only basic knowledge. Round1 was a technical round and it moreover like a personal chatting,talking about family background and all that stuff. The interviewer doesnt seems to have a strong coding knowledge.
    Round 2 - Very Simple - only 1 puzzle and again about my previous company.

I was doubtful, I was not sure for what profile they are hiring.

Nothing technical was asked. Whatever was asked, can be answered by the final year student also.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to handle a team here. I was speechless when this question came in front of me ;)   Answer Question
    Do not join. I joined this organization and put down my papers just after a month. Read all the review comments on glassdoor before joining this organization. All these negative comments are very true. Could not see a single positive point for staying in this organization.

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Landis+Gyr in October 2013.

There are 4 rounds:
    1) Technical written
    2) 3 Technical interview

Interview Questions
    • Written was related to database. And interview they asked mainly related to testing concepts and SQL queries.   Answer Question