Landry's

2.5

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Landry's in September 2014.

1.5 hr chat. Processes not up to industry standard. Spoke w/ Travel Manager who didn't seem to want to change (Been there 18 yrs, she said). 4 person operation including manager. Increased automation seemed to be out of the question. Talked a bit down to me. See this position advertised almost every 2 months, so something is wrong. My opinion is not the agent but management. Think my experience scared her. 20+ years on Sabre/ Sabre RED but still needed to take a test. WHAT?

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Landry's.

If they like your resume, HR will call you for a quick phone interview. From there, they will set up a 1:1 interview at their office. At the 1:1 interview, I first met with HR, then met with a few people from the department, some 1:1, others were two or three people asking me questions. Got a call back for another face-to-face interview.

Took another offer

Systems Engineer (Help Desk) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Landry's in February 2012.

I ended up landing this interview through an external recruiter who represents clients like Landry's. I happened to be in town that week, so they scheduled a face to face with me. The whole process took three hours! I was told I would be there for two. It was at their corporate office in the Galleria area of Houston. I was very impressed by the building and how large/clean it was. They're pretty tight with security too as I had to put a visitor name tag on. The internal recruiter came down and got me after about 15 mins of waiting with the external recruiter. We went upstairs to the help desk area and she sat me in this tiny little office with a table and three or four chairs. She took about fifteen minutes to ask me some pretty detailed questions that were mostly behavioral. The only thing that didn't come up was salary expectations, but that may have been because the external recruiter already submitted me at a certain amount annually. After she left, the director of the help desk and one of the senior leads came into the room. They both looked like they were kind of out of it. The director proceeded to go into this long drawn out description of every single duty that I would perform as Systems Engineer. It was quite overwhelming, but I assured her that I was fine with the duties and with the travel that would be involved. She still went on and on though. The other guy hardly said anything and they just had me go through all of my experience and regurgitate my resume. The director then said she wanted me to speak with one of the senior level systems engineers, so I waited in the room alone for about 10 mins. The senior level engineer came in and told me what his perceptions were about the job and once again asked me to repeat everything I had just told the director and the other lead guy. So I did once again and I asked him the questions that I had. Then he handed me this technical test that they wanted me to take. It was a written test, so it took me forever to get it done. I didn't know everything on it either. It would've been nice if they had given me some idea of what would be on it so I could review or something beforehand. I would've looked for the answers on the internet on my phone, but the room was too open and you could see right through the glass, so I didn't. Anyways, I had to call the director by phone when I was done with the test. Then she came back in asked me if I had more questions. At this point, I was pretty antsy and ready to get out of there, so I told her no everything was pretty clear as I had asked tons of questions prior to this point...how many more could I possibly have, right? But no, she sends yet ANOTHER engineer into the room to talk to me about what she does! Funny enough, she had a similar background to mine, so she knew about some of the ins and outs of what my duties were, but she still wanted me to repeat what was on my resume too. I asked her some more questions but not as many as the others, and then she left. The director comes back in the room AGAIN and asks me if I have more questions, so I just asked her what the next steps would be at that point in order to hint at the fact that I was ready to go. This is overkill! Yet, I still managed to be professional. She asserted that I'd know something by the end of the following week multiple times. Then, I stood up and grabbed my things and she walked me back down to the front desk area. I couldn't believe what time it was when I signed out, but I tried not to show my displeasure with that while she was standing there. I shook her hand firmly, thanked her for her time and then exited the building. I looked at my phone and realized that my ride had to leave! I took so long in the interview that they had to leave to go to an appointment they had! So I had to wait there for them to get back which took another two hours. Needless to say I was not a happy camper by time the day was over. My external recruiter called me, while I was still there, to follow up on the interview. I spoke with her and told her how long it took and how I thought they were asking for an awful lot given what they're willing to pay. I would've still entertained an offer though. After going back home and leaving Houston, the next week passed by and I was very anxious to find out if I had gotten the job or not. I waited, and waited and heard nothing. So I called my external recruiter and she called back saying she hadn't heard anything. Another week went by and she still hadn't heard anything. Now, it's been a month since I went on the interview and she told me they reposted the position. Of course, I'm not too happy about the fact that they kept me there for three hours and didn't even have the courtesy to let me know that they're pursueing other candidates, but whatever. I've moved on from that interview and thankfully I have other leads.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty to complete a job task.   Answer Question
    • What are your three top strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you look for in a supervisor?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Landry's in October 2011.

The interview was good. A reference is a must to work here. They will ask about what you know about the company. Overall interview was very relaxed, HR manager was friendly and not intimidating. The General Manager also might come out to meet with you and she is also very nice, asked to explain your self in five words.

Interview Questions
    • There were not really any difficult questions mostly just questions about past experiences and how you handled a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    Know what the baseline pay is but there really is no offer or negotiation. I already knew what the pay was and he confirmed it with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Landry's in September 2011.

There was a short phone interview which we discussed my resume, the jobs they were hiring for, and a general description of what hours were expected. We ended the conversation by setting an appointment for a face to face interview. There was one short face to face with the HR dept, the same person that I did the phone interview with. Next, a short test to show general knowledge of Accounting. Then 2 one on one interviews with other accountants which we discussed the details of the job they were hiring for. The last one on one interview was very short. At all levels of the interview process everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Written skill test question for accounting included Accruals, Income and Expense, and general Debit/Credit placements in a Journal Entry   Answer Question
    I was willing to negotiate but they gave me exactly what I asked for. I was very pleased with the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Landry's in December 2010.

Landrys requires a quiz, so be prepared to take an accounting test before you even get to interview with a manager. I interviewed with a Concept Controller, the Dir. of Accounting, the Corporate Controller, and HR. I was hired the same day, went and did my drug test and started in 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Its a typical interview, just make sure you now your basic accounting for the test.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they offer and that's it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Landry's in August 2010.

Easy accounting test

Did not negotiate.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Landry's in April 2010.

Very brief and informal

Better offer.

Animal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Landry's in June 2009.

Contacted with in 2 days and did one phone interview before offered the job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation onanything but start date.