Landry's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.5

Front Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Landry's.

Interview

I met the HR reps at a job fair and had a good rapport with them. I gave them a resume and was contacted shortly afterwards, within a few days. I interviewed within a week and went through a few phases over 2 days. I met with the restaurant manager, then then regional manager right afterwards. The interviews were not extensive, maybe half an hour.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall a specific question. But during my second interview, I was placed with two higher level managers. Not sure if it was to intimidate or to assess my comfort level with a more than one person. Both were asking questions back to back.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Landry's (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

The interview process was an easy process to complete. It was not difficult to communicate to any member of the recruiting team. Overall, I must say that I was pleased with the process.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Landry's (Port St Lucie, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Easy, talked about people we knew. Very informal, very unprofessional, and very fast. Obviously need people because of being a terrible corporation to work for. The people I met were awesome, but at least 80% were not willing to do a single thing extra and it condoned laziness like the plague.

Interview Questions

• We have no employee's (first clue) what is your availability?   1 Answer

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

1.5 hr chat. Processes not up to industry standard. Spoke w/ Travel Manager who didn't seem to want to change (Been there 18 yrs, she said). 4 person operation including manager. Increased automation seemed to be out of the question. Talked a bit down to me. See this position advertised almost every 2 months, so something is wrong. My opinion is not the agent but management. Think my experience scared her. 20+ years on Sabre/ Sabre RED but still needed to take a test. WHAT?

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Landry's in June 2014.

Interview

Very swift and detailed hiring process. The passion that was displayed was very evident to the culture of the company. I Felt everyone was thoroughly engaged in the process.

Interview Questions

• My diffuclty in leaving a long term positon to start over in a new company,   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, We discussed salary expectations during the interview process

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Landry's.

Interview

Interviewing to be a server at Landry's is very similar to most restaurant interviews. The GM of the restaurant will sit with you to discuss the applicant's previous experience and expected wages. Landry's is a corporation that wishes to provide each guest with the same experience every time that a guest patronizes one of their locations. The applicant will receive a handbook and all necessary starting paperwork. From there, a starting training day will be negotiated and the employee will be handed their apron.

Kitchen Supervisor Interview

Interview

I interviewed with an exe. Chef and was told someone would call me. I left and within two hours someone called me and asked me to come back and start ASAP.

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Landry's (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

3 interviews, not consistent some employees were hired without an interview. Basically interview with all of the assistant managers, if one of them doesn't like you then you won't be hired. Interviews may be different depending on how badly the restaurant needs staff.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of a time when you went out of your way for a customer or did something special for them.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Landry's (Galveston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with two people, plus HR. The process took about 2 weeks. There was really little effort into this.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my work experience, if I had transportation, if I could work weekends or holidays.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Landry's in October 2013.

Interview

I went through 7 people for various stages of the interviewing process & was told an offer letter was coming. My former boss gave me a great recommendation and they called to say I didn't get the job?! As a former Veteran, I'd like to know what happened, but I can't get anyone to return my emails and phone calls. I am frustrated with Landry's entire hiring process & can only assume the recruiter or boss gave the position to a friend or relative. I would like to know what went wrong so I can better prepare for the next job.

Interview Questions

• They asked for specific instances where I used my knowledge and experience, so the questions weren't difficult.   Answer Question