Landry's

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Landry's in June 2014.

Interview Details – Very swift and detailed hiring process. The passion that was displayed was very evident to the culture of the company. I Felt everyone was thoroughly engaged in the process.

Interview Question – My diffuclty in leaving a long term positon to start over in a new company,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, We discussed salary expectations during the interview process

Server Interview

Server

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Landry's in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was in preparation for the grand opening of the newest Oceanaire location. They hired a large number of front and back of house individuals before the grand opening. The interview was with floor manager. I met the general manager and assistant general manager later that interview. I was referred via a friend at another Oceanaire.

Interview Question – Interview was well structured and fair   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Server Interview

Server

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Landry's.

Interview Details – Interviewing to be a server at Landry's is very similar to most restaurant interviews. The GM of the restaurant will sit with you to discuss the applicant's previous experience and expected wages. Landry's is a corporation that wishes to provide each guest with the same experience every time that a guest patronizes one of their locations. The applicant will receive a handbook and all necessary starting paperwork. From there, a starting training day will be negotiated and the employee will be handed their apron.

Interview Question – What kind of pay do you expect to make?   Answer Question

Executive Chef Interview

Executive Chef

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Landry's in June 2013.

Interview Details – Talks about culture but soon you will figure out that is just talk

Interview Question – Easy interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, they need people so they will give you for whatever you ask for but is not worth it

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Landry's in October 2013.

Interview Details – I went through 7 people for various stages of the interviewing process & was told an offer letter was coming. My former boss gave me a great recommendation and they called to say I didn't get the job?! As a former Veteran, I'd like to know what happened, but I can't get anyone to return my emails and phone calls. I am frustrated with Landry's entire hiring process & can only assume the recruiter or boss gave the position to a friend or relative. I would like to know what went wrong so I can better prepare for the next job.

Interview Question – They asked for specific instances where I used my knowledge and experience, so the questions weren't difficult.   Answer Question

Kitchen Supervisor Interview

Kitchen Supervisor

Interviewed at Landry's

Interview Details – I interviewed with an exe. Chef and was told someone would call me. I left and within two hours someone called me and asked me to come back and start ASAP.

Cook Interview

Cook
Galveston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Landry's.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two people, plus HR. The process took about 2 weeks. There was really little effort into this.

Interview Question – I was asked about my work experience, if I had transportation, if I could work weekends or holidays.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Landry's in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was good. A reference is a must to work here. They will ask about what you know about the company. Overall interview was very relaxed, HR manager was friendly and not intimidating. The General Manager also might come out to meet with you and she is also very nice, asked to explain your self in five words.

Interview Question – There were not really any difficult questions mostly just questions about past experiences and how you handled a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Know what the baseline pay is but there really is no offer or negotiation. I already knew what the pay was and he confirmed it with me.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Landry's.

Interview Details – If they like your resume, HR will call you for a quick phone interview. From there, they will set up a 1:1 interview at their office. At the 1:1 interview, I first met with HR, then met with a few people from the department, some 1:1, others were two or three people asking me questions. Got a call back for another face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took another offer

Restaurant Accountant Interview

Restaurant Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Landry's in August 2010.

Interview Details – Easy accounting test

Interview Question – Can you work 9-6pm?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Landry's

Worked for Landry's? Contribute to the Community!