Landry's Server Interview Questions

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Landry's.

Interviewing to be a server at Landry's is very similar to most restaurant interviews. The GM of the restaurant will sit with you to discuss the applicant's previous experience and expected wages. Landry's is a corporation that wishes to provide each guest with the same experience every time that a guest patronizes one of their locations. The applicant will receive a handbook and all necessary starting paperwork. From there, a starting training day will be negotiated and the employee will be handed their apron.

Other Interview Reviews for Landry's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Landry's in May 2012.

Filled out an application in the restaurant. I then asked to see a manager. I was interviewed by the first manager and asked to return the following day to have a second interview. On that second day, I was hired by the Landry's company and asked to return for the orientation session the following week.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a situation where you had an unruly customer?   Answer Question
    N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Landry's in February 2011.

I walked in to Landry's with my resume and asked to see the hiring manager. I was immediately offered a one-on-one interview after filling out an additional sheet of information about myself. After the one-on-one, he said they'd be interested in having another interview with the other manager's present in order to offer me a position. I assumed this would be another day but he actually went back and got the other managers who gave me an impromptu interview right there. I was offered the position immediately and came back the next week for orientation and training.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with an unruly customer who has had too much to drink?   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Landry's in September 2010.

The interview was in preparation for the grand opening of the newest Oceanaire location. They hired a large number of front and back of house individuals before the grand opening. The interview was with floor manager. I met the general manager and assistant general manager later that interview. I was referred via a friend at another Oceanaire.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Landry's in April 2010.

Very brief and informal