Landry's

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Landry's in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was in preparation for the grand opening of the newest Oceanaire location. They hired a large number of front and back of house individuals before the grand opening. The interview was with floor manager. I met the general manager and assistant general manager later that interview. I was referred via a friend at another Oceanaire.

Interview Question – Interview was well structured and fair   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Server

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Landry's.

Interview Details – Interviewing to be a server at Landry's is very similar to most restaurant interviews. The GM of the restaurant will sit with you to discuss the applicant's previous experience and expected wages. Landry's is a corporation that wishes to provide each guest with the same experience every time that a guest patronizes one of their locations. The applicant will receive a handbook and all necessary starting paperwork. From there, a starting training day will be negotiated and the employee will be handed their apron.

Interview Question – What kind of pay do you expect to make?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Landry's in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very brief and informal

Interview Question – What is your most helpful quality.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Landry's in May 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out an application in the restaurant. I then asked to see a manager. I was interviewed by the first manager and asked to return the following day to have a second interview. On that second day, I was hired by the Landry's company and asked to return for the orientation session the following week.

Interview Question – What would you do in a situation where you had an unruly customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Landry's in February 2011.

Interview Details – I walked in to Landry's with my resume and asked to see the hiring manager. I was immediately offered a one-on-one interview after filling out an additional sheet of information about myself. After the one-on-one, he said they'd be interested in having another interview with the other manager's present in order to offer me a position. I assumed this would be another day but he actually went back and got the other managers who gave me an impromptu interview right there. I was offered the position immediately and came back the next week for orientation and training.

Interview Question – How will you deal with an unruly customer who has had too much to drink?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Landry's

Worked for Landry's? Contribute to the Community!