Lands' End

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Dodgeville, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Lands' End in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was an MBA intern. I met them at a career fair on campus, which led to a phone call with HR employee. The first call was behavior based based questions mostly. After a month, I was asked to come to Dodgevile, where I had 5 back-to-back interviews. All kinds of questions, from mini-case to personal interest questions. Wore lands end canvas outfit, which worked very well. Casual environment.

Interview Question – In depth hot dog cart mini-case question. Used marketing frameworks to beat competing carts.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as an intern.

Retail Marketing Specialist Interview

Retail Marketing Specialist
Dodgeville, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lands' End in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with about 7 or 8 people in was an all day interview with lunch in their cafeteria and a tour of the activity center.

Interview Question – It was three years avoid I don't recall. I do recall the VP of Marketing interview being nerve racking because he was onbhis blackberry the entire time asking me questions while checking email and not showing any interest.   Answer Question

Merchdising Intern Interview

Merchdising Intern
Dodgeville, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Lands' End in April 2012.

Interview Details – I spent the day interviewing with 5 separate people - 3 in the merchandising department and 2 within employee services. All of them were incredibly friendly and personable. The corporate headquarters are fresh, bright, and open, and everything comes together to reflect how the culture is. They focused their questions on me as a person, things I like to do, where I get my inspiration from, how I analyze things. It was very low pressure, they wanted me to feel comfortable. No surprise questions to put you on the spot. They'd like to see if you are behaviorally a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for interns. Straight salary, 40 hours a week.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

BUSINESS SYSTEMS SPECIALIST Interview

BUSINESS SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Dodgeville, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Lands' End in December 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was typical to other companies. I interviewed with two directors, 2 managers and 2 employees. I would suggest researching the company in depth and having examples of the projects and problems you worked on in the past. Know what you have to bring to the table and communicate how you would fit well into the team. The company has a lot of great history, so research this and be able to speak to it.

Interview Question – Explain your experiences with utilizing use cases.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would really understand what your worth is in the marketplace and always negotiate either salary or vacation. Vacation is usually an easier thing to negotiate.

Assistant Designer Interview

Assistant Designer
Dodgeville, WI

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lands' End in November 2007.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview, with mainly personality and background questions. I recieved an onsite interview about 2 weeks later. I interviewed with 5 designers from multiple catagories one on one. This gave me the opportunity to present to each person. about 3 weeks after my interview, I recieved an second onsite interview. This one was with the Design Director, and again it was presenting my portfolio. I recieved an offer a few weeks later. For the most part, people seemed nice . I learned the life/work balance was not a reality once I started to work for the company.

Interview Question – What is your short term and long term career goal?   Answer Question

Worked for Lands' End? Contribute to the Community!