Lands' End Interview Questions in Dodgeville, WI

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchdising Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lands' End in April 2012.

I spent the day interviewing with 5 separate people - 3 in the merchandising department and 2 within employee services. All of them were incredibly friendly and personable. The corporate headquarters are fresh, bright, and open, and everything comes together to reflect how the culture is. They focused their questions on me as a person, things I like to do, where I get my inspiration from, how I analyze things. It was very low pressure, they wanted me to feel comfortable. No surprise questions to put you on the spot. They'd like to see if you are behaviorally a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations for interns. Straight salary, 40 hours a week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Lands' End in March 2012.

I was an MBA intern. I met them at a career fair on campus, which led to a phone call with HR employee. The first call was behavior based based questions mostly. After a month, I was asked to come to Dodgevile, where I had 5 back-to-back interviews. All kinds of questions, from mini-case to personal interest questions. Wore lands end canvas outfit, which worked very well. Casual environment.

Interview Questions
    • In depth hot dog cart mini-case question. Used marketing frameworks to beat competing carts.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as an intern.

BUSINESS SYSTEMS SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lands' End in December 2009.

The hiring process was typical to other companies. I interviewed with two directors, 2 managers and 2 employees. I would suggest researching the company in depth and having examples of the projects and problems you worked on in the past. Know what you have to bring to the table and communicate how you would fit well into the team. The company has a lot of great history, so research this and be able to speak to it.

Interview Questions
    I would really understand what your worth is in the marketplace and always negotiate either salary or vacation. Vacation is usually an easier thing to negotiate.

Retail Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lands' End in August 2009.

Interviewed with about 7 or 8 people in was an all day interview with lunch in their cafeteria and a tour of the activity center.

Interview Questions
    • It was three years avoid I don't recall. I do recall the VP of Marketing interview being nerve racking because he was onbhis blackberry the entire time asking me questions while checking email and not showing any interest.   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lands' End in November 2007.

I had one phone interview, with mainly personality and background questions. I recieved an onsite interview about 2 weeks later. I interviewed with 5 designers from multiple catagories one on one. This gave me the opportunity to present to each person. about 3 weeks after my interview, I recieved an second onsite interview. This one was with the Design Director, and again it was presenting my portfolio. I recieved an offer a few weeks later. For the most part, people seemed nice . I learned the life/work balance was not a reality once I started to work for the company.