Lands' End

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.6

Assistant Store Manager Lands' End @ Sears (Shop Manager) Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Lands' End.

DM called and set up interview, I arrived on time but no one had seen the DM. Turned out she had gone out of town and had forgotten about the interview. The Sears store manager did my First interview, then when the DM was back in town, she did the second. Each was only 20-30 min. Sears SM mostly talked about Sears, LEDM asked a few questions off of my resume background.

Interview Questions
    LEDM offered salary, I told her what I was looking for and she did not know if she could meet it or not and had to get back to me. She called the next day and hit a rate in between her offer and my need.

Anonymous Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lands' End.

Lands' End was very professional throughout the entire interview process. Most of the questions, if not all, were specific to the position. The recruiters were very good about keeping me informed, scheduling interviews, etc.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lands' End in October 2014.

Met with 1 women from HR and 4 people from various Merchandising Departments. All of the questions were very straight forward. They were all very nice. I felt like I was able to have a conversation with them, not simply back and forth Q&A. Most common question was to ask about my financial experience.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I hadn't prepared for ahead of time was, "What brand/company do you see as ahead of the curve?"   Answer Question

Sales Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Lands' End in September 2014.

I applied for the position on-line. I was then contacted by the headhunter who had the exclusive on filling the position. She was very thorough with three phone calls and preparation work before a phone call with the hiring manager. A month later I was invited for an in-person day at corporate with six team members. It was an intense day of back to back interviews and a lunch interview. They had already interviewed a number of other candidates and were making their final choice that week.

Interview Questions
    • They were very specific in the questions they asked about past experience and future scenarios and how you would handle them. They were also very interested in how you blend a team already in place with new staff.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

I've been at this company for a long time. Each time I submitted my resume for newly posted positions, our Employee Service Department never once acknowledged my job interest; not a follow-up email or call....nothing. Very disappointing.

Senior Manager, Product Management Interview

Very nice group. They do a lot of the speaking.

Marketing Contact Strategy MBA Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lands' End in April 2014.

The first round interview was a phone interview with HR. The questions asked were pretty simple. It was about my experience in the past. After the first round, I was invited to have a second round interview in Dodgeville, WI. I got to interview with 4 people, one at a time. Three of them were HR and one was the Director of Contact Strategy whom I think made the hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • The job is not always intellectual. Sometimes we have to do the dirty works. Are you up for that?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lands' End in February 2014.

Submit application (which was not difficult but if you don't pass the assessment you would not be considered for the position), took two days to receive interview, background test and drug test, took about 15 minutes and a few signatures non some paperwork and I had the job. But it also took 3weeks for me to Start.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can contribute to the Land's End Family?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation was needed because she basic all offered me a pay raise because of my skills.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lands' End.

As soon as I started the interview process I talked to the hiring manager, the store manger and the lead manager. They asked me behavioral questions and questions about my resume. I was working on a degree in physics and electrical engineering at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to work with a group on a project.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lands' End.

its an campus interview. One by one, face to face.
    about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose fashion industry, what brands do you consume most?
      How do you build your client relationship

Answer Question

Fashion industry is totally out of my expected track