Lands' End Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
14 interviews

2.6

Inventory Analyst Interview

I've been at this company for a long time. Each time I submitted my resume for newly posted positions, our Employee Service Department never once acknowledged my job interest; not a follow-up email or call....nothing. Very disappointing.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesterfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lands' End in February 2014.

Submit application (which was not difficult but if you don't pass the assessment you would not be considered for the position), took two days to receive interview, background test and drug test, took about 15 minutes and a few signatures non some paperwork and I had the job. But it also took 3weeks for me to Start.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can contribute to the Land's End Family?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation was needed because she basic all offered me a pay raise because of my skills.

Senior Manager, Product Management Interview

Very nice group. They do a lot of the speaking.

Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lands' End.

As soon as I started the interview process I talked to the hiring manager, the store manger and the lead manager. They asked me behavioral questions and questions about my resume. I was working on a degree in physics and electrical engineering at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to work with a group on a project.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Summer Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Lands' End.

its an campus interview. One by one, face to face.
    about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose fashion industry, what brands do you consume most?
      How do you build your client relationship
        Answer Question

Fashion industry is totally out of my expected track

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richfield, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lands' End in March 2010.

This was a pleasant process. The manager I interviewed with gave me a lot of information about the company.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult questions presented to me.   Answer Question
    I was told that they normally start associates out at about $6.80 an hour, but that he could offer me $7.60. I accepted because I was desperate.

Assistant Merchant Trainee Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Lands' End in April 2013.

I went to school's career fair last year and gave my resume to one of the recruiter from Lands' end. That time they only provided internship position so that I didn't get any chance. Last month I received an email from Lands' end and they told me to send them my current resume and cover letter for Assistant Merchant Trainee position, I sent back very quickly and then after several days they arranged phone interview with me. I'm still waiting for the response.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview only last 15 minutes, I guess I didn't do well...But the questions are very basic just about your thoughts of retail industry and your school work related to this position and why you think Lands' End is good for you and what makes Lands' end stand out among other competitors.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Lands' End in March 2012.

I was an MBA intern. I met them at a career fair on campus, which led to a phone call with HR employee. The first call was behavior based based questions mostly. After a month, I was asked to come to Dodgevile, where I had 5 back-to-back interviews. All kinds of questions, from mini-case to personal interest questions. Wore lands end canvas outfit, which worked very well. Casual environment.

Interview Questions
    • In depth hot dog cart mini-case question. Used marketing frameworks to beat competing carts.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as an intern.

Retail Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Lands' End in August 2009.

Interviewed with about 7 or 8 people in was an all day interview with lunch in their cafeteria and a tour of the activity center.

Interview Questions
    • It was three years avoid I don't recall. I do recall the VP of Marketing interview being nerve racking because he was onbhis blackberry the entire time asking me questions while checking email and not showing any interest.   Answer Question

Merchdising Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Lands' End in April 2012.

I spent the day interviewing with 5 separate people - 3 in the merchandising department and 2 within employee services. All of them were incredibly friendly and personable. The corporate headquarters are fresh, bright, and open, and everything comes together to reflect how the culture is. They focused their questions on me as a person, things I like to do, where I get my inspiration from, how I analyze things. It was very low pressure, they wanted me to feel comfortable. No surprise questions to put you on the spot. They'd like to see if you are behaviorally a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations for interns. Straight salary, 40 hours a week.

Worked for Lands' End? Contribute to the Community!