Lands' End Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lands' End in August 2015.

Interview

The process was really easy. They asked really basic questions and they wanted to my availability. They want to know how comfortable you are with asking to set up credit card applications in the store and so on.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview

There was a brief 15 minute phone interview followed by a one on one interview that included a typing and skills test. An offer was made immediately following the interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions like: Why Lands End? What are your strengths/weaknesses? etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview

DM called and set up interview, I arrived on time but no one had seen the DM. Turned out she had gone out of town and had forgotten about the interview. The Sears store manager did my First interview, then when the DM was back in town, she did the second. Each was only 20-30 min. Sears SM mostly talked about Sears, LEDM asked a few questions off of my resume background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

LEDM offered salary, I told her what I was looking for and she did not know if she could meet it or not and had to get back to me. She called the next day and hit a rate in between her offer and my need.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview

Lands' End was very professional throughout the entire interview process. Most of the questions, if not all, were specific to the position. The recruiters were very good about keeping me informed, scheduling interviews, etc.

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard from the HR rep within a few days on the phone. Chatted about background and my experience. She sent me an email with a request to prepare a line based on the Lands' End aesthetic, themes, etc. I prepared my project and they had me fly up for a day of in person interviews and presentation of my line. Met and presented to 4 designers and the head of design. Was a great experience, everyone was really positive.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with 1 women from HR and 4 people from various Merchandising Departments. All of the questions were very straight forward. They were all very nice. I felt like I was able to have a conversation with them, not simply back and forth Q&A. Most common question was to ask about my financial experience.

Interview Questions

• The only question I hadn't prepared for ahead of time was, "What brand/company do you see as ahead of the curve?"   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevens Point, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lands' End (Stevens Point, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Simple. Asked me a few basic interview questions. The interviewer also asked me how i would sell a couple of different items to them. I was hired on the spot and filled out my paper work and got my employee ID that day. It was an awesome experience!

Sales Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on-line. I was then contacted by the headhunter who had the exclusive on filling the position. She was very thorough with three phone calls and preparation work before a phone call with the hiring manager. A month later I was invited for an in-person day at corporate with six team members. It was an intense day of back to back interviews and a lunch interview. They had already interviewed a number of other candidates and were making their final choice that week.

Interview Questions

• They were very specific in the questions they asked about past experience and future scenarios and how you would handle them. They were also very interested in how you blend a team already in place with new staff.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Interview

I've been at this company for a long time. Each time I submitted my resume for newly posted positions, our Employee Service Department never once acknowledged my job interest; not a follow-up email or call....nothing. Very disappointing.

Interview

Very nice group. They do a lot of the speaking.