Lands' End

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inventory Analyst Interview

Inventory Analyst

Interviewed at Lands' End

Interview Details – I've been at this company for a long time. Each time I submitted my resume for newly posted positions, our Employee Service Department never once acknowledged my job interest; not a follow-up email or call....nothing. Very disappointing.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chesterfield, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lands' End in February 2014.

Interview Details – Submit application (which was not difficult but if you don't pass the assessment you would not be considered for the position), took two days to receive interview, background test and drug test, took about 15 minutes and a few signatures non some paperwork and I had the job. But it also took 3weeks for me to Start.

Interview Question – How do you think you can contribute to the Land's End Family?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation was needed because she basic all offered me a pay raise because of my skills.

Senior Manager, Product Management Interview

Senior Manager, Product Management

Interviewed at Lands' End

Interview Details – Very nice group. They do a lot of the speaking.

Interview Question – Nothing out of ordinary   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview Details – As soon as I started the interview process I talked to the hiring manager, the store manger and the lead manager. They asked me behavioral questions and questions about my resume. I was working on a degree in physics and electrical engineering at the time.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to work with a group on a project.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate Merchant Interview

Associate Merchant

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview Details – I'm pretty irked but hope I don't across as bitter... Be careful before these guys waste your time. I applied for an Associate Merchant position for Lands' End. A week later a recruiter emails me, we have a 30 minute phone interview, she says I sound great for the position and wants an in person interview. Great, I'm happy to oblige.

We set a date, I request off from work, buy a train ticket to NYC (I don't mind, it's part of the job hunting process). The day before I'm leaving to go up there, she needs to reschedule. Okay, so now I change my vacation day (which must look awful suspicious to my employer), and need to reschedule my train ticket (which Amtrak is happy to do for a $30 fee). But, hey, it happens. That's life.

Okay, so we reschedule the interview and I show up, all is well. For this in person interview, she asks the. same. flippin'. questions. as she did in the phone interview. It lasts about 30 minutes and she says she will pass my resume along to the hiring manager. This was a red flag, I was kind of hoping the hiring manager had already seen my resume... and I was right to be worried. The next day I get an email from the recruiter stating that when the hiring manager had seen my resume, she said she was looking for someone with more experience.

Seriously? That couldn't have been hashed out with the hiring manager before I spent $150 on train tickets and burned a vacation day? I would hope before any in person interview takes place, you would at least ensure the candidate had a chance at the job in the first place. Or, if it is another reason and you're telling me a generic pushoff, at least give me the real reason so I know it was all not a pointless endeavor. I'm not mad that I didn't get the job, I've applied to countless places, had countless phone interviews, and been rejected through the whole process. It happens. What irritates me is that Lands' End didn't have enough respect for me and my time to recognize I was not a likely candidate before I went through the trouble I did.

Interview Question – All the questions were very generic, in both interviews.   Answer Question

Lands' End Response

Jul 29, 2014Recruiter

Dear Candidate - We are really sorry to hear you had such a negative experience with Lands' End. This is not part of our standard operating procedure. As part of the Talent Acquisition function at ... More

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Lands' End.

Interview Details – its an campus interview. One by one, face to face.
about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Why did you chose fashion industry, what brands do you consume most?
How do you build your client relationship
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Fashion industry is totally out of my expected track

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Richfield, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lands' End in March 2010.

Interview Details – This was a pleasant process. The manager I interviewed with gave me a lot of information about the company.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult questions presented to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that they normally start associates out at about $6.80 an hour, but that he could offer me $7.60. I accepted because I was desperate.

Assistant Merchant Trainee Interview

Assistant Merchant Trainee

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Lands' End in April 2013.

Interview Details – I went to school's career fair last year and gave my resume to one of the recruiter from Lands' end. That time they only provided internship position so that I didn't get any chance. Last month I received an email from Lands' end and they told me to send them my current resume and cover letter for Assistant Merchant Trainee position, I sent back very quickly and then after several days they arranged phone interview with me. I'm still waiting for the response.

Interview Question – Phone interview only last 15 minutes, I guess I didn't do well...But the questions are very basic just about your thoughts of retail industry and your school work related to this position and why you think Lands' End is good for you and what makes Lands' end stand out among other competitors.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Dodgeville, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Lands' End in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was an MBA intern. I met them at a career fair on campus, which led to a phone call with HR employee. The first call was behavior based based questions mostly. After a month, I was asked to come to Dodgevile, where I had 5 back-to-back interviews. All kinds of questions, from mini-case to personal interest questions. Wore lands end canvas outfit, which worked very well. Casual environment.

Interview Question – In depth hot dog cart mini-case question. Used marketing frameworks to beat competing carts.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as an intern.

Retail Marketing Specialist Interview

Retail Marketing Specialist
Dodgeville, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lands' End in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with about 7 or 8 people in was an all day interview with lunch in their cafeteria and a tour of the activity center.

Interview Question – It was three years avoid I don't recall. I do recall the VP of Marketing interview being nerve racking because he was onbhis blackberry the entire time asking me questions while checking email and not showing any interest.   Answer Question

Worked for Lands' End? Contribute to the Community!