Lands' End

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lands' End.

Lands' End was very professional throughout the entire interview process. Most of the questions, if not all, were specific to the position. The recruiters were very good about keeping me informed, scheduling interviews, etc.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lands' End in October 2014.

Met with 1 women from HR and 4 people from various Merchandising Departments. All of the questions were very straight forward. They were all very nice. I felt like I was able to have a conversation with them, not simply back and forth Q&A. Most common question was to ask about my financial experience.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I hadn't prepared for ahead of time was, "What brand/company do you see as ahead of the curve?"   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

I've been at this company for a long time. Each time I submitted my resume for newly posted positions, our Employee Service Department never once acknowledged my job interest; not a follow-up email or call....nothing. Very disappointing.

Senior Manager, Product Management Interview

Very nice group. They do a lot of the speaking.

Marketing Contact Strategy MBA Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lands' End in April 2014.

The first round interview was a phone interview with HR. The questions asked were pretty simple. It was about my experience in the past. After the first round, I was invited to have a second round interview in Dodgeville, WI. I got to interview with 4 people, one at a time. Three of them were HR and one was the Director of Contact Strategy whom I think made the hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • The job is not always intellectual. Sometimes we have to do the dirty works. Are you up for that?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lands' End in February 2014.

Submit application (which was not difficult but if you don't pass the assessment you would not be considered for the position), took two days to receive interview, background test and drug test, took about 15 minutes and a few signatures non some paperwork and I had the job. But it also took 3weeks for me to Start.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can contribute to the Land's End Family?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation was needed because she basic all offered me a pay raise because of my skills.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lands' End.

As soon as I started the interview process I talked to the hiring manager, the store manger and the lead manager. They asked me behavioral questions and questions about my resume. I was working on a degree in physics and electrical engineering at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to work with a group on a project.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lands' End.

its an campus interview. One by one, face to face.
    about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose fashion industry, what brands do you consume most?
      How do you build your client relationship

Answer Question

Fashion industry is totally out of my expected track

Assistant Merchant Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Lands' End in April 2013.

I went to school's career fair last year and gave my resume to one of the recruiter from Lands' end. That time they only provided internship position so that I didn't get any chance. Last month I received an email from Lands' end and they told me to send them my current resume and cover letter for Assistant Merchant Trainee position, I sent back very quickly and then after several days they arranged phone interview with me. I'm still waiting for the response.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview only last 15 minutes, I guess I didn't do well...But the questions are very basic just about your thoughts of retail industry and your school work related to this position and why you think Lands' End is good for you and what makes Lands' end stand out among other competitors.   Answer Question

Merchdising Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lands' End in April 2012.

I spent the day interviewing with 5 separate people - 3 in the merchandising department and 2 within employee services. All of them were incredibly friendly and personable. The corporate headquarters are fresh, bright, and open, and everything comes together to reflect how the culture is. They focused their questions on me as a person, things I like to do, where I get my inspiration from, how I analyze things. It was very low pressure, they wanted me to feel comfortable. No surprise questions to put you on the spot. They'd like to see if you are behaviorally a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations for interns. Straight salary, 40 hours a week.