Lands' End Interview Questions in Madison, WI

Updated Apr 8, 2015

3.1

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with 1 women from HR and 4 people from various Merchandising Departments. All of the questions were very straight forward. They were all very nice. I felt like I was able to have a conversation with them, not simply back and forth Q&A. Most common question was to ask about my financial experience.

Interview Questions

• The only question I hadn't prepared for ahead of time was, "What brand/company do you see as ahead of the curve?"   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard from the HR rep within a few days on the phone. Chatted about background and my experience. She sent me an email with a request to prepare a line based on the Lands' End aesthetic, themes, etc. I prepared my project and they had me fly up for a day of in person interviews and presentation of my line. Met and presented to 4 designers and the head of design. Was a great experience, everyone was really positive.

Merchdising Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

I spent the day interviewing with 5 separate people - 3 in the merchandising department and 2 within employee services. All of them were incredibly friendly and personable. The corporate headquarters are fresh, bright, and open, and everything comes together to reflect how the culture is. They focused their questions on me as a person, things I like to do, where I get my inspiration from, how I analyze things. It was very low pressure, they wanted me to feel comfortable. No surprise questions to put you on the spot. They'd like to see if you are behaviorally a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations for interns. Straight salary, 40 hours a week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

I was an MBA intern. I met them at a career fair on campus, which led to a phone call with HR employee. The first call was behavior based based questions mostly. After a month, I was asked to come to Dodgevile, where I had 5 back-to-back interviews. All kinds of questions, from mini-case to personal interest questions. Wore lands end canvas outfit, which worked very well. Casual environment.

Interview Questions

• In depth hot dog cart mini-case question. Used marketing frameworks to beat competing carts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as an intern.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

Basic easy questions like tell me about your experience, why are you interested in ecommerce, what would you bring to lands end, what are your career goals, what do you know about lands end and and its business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, accepted hourly pay

BUSINESS SYSTEMS SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in December 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was typical to other companies. I interviewed with two directors, 2 managers and 2 employees. I would suggest researching the company in depth and having examples of the projects and problems you worked on in the past. Know what you have to bring to the table and communicate how you would fit well into the team. The company has a lot of great history, so research this and be able to speak to it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would really understand what your worth is in the marketplace and always negotiate either salary or vacation. Vacation is usually an easier thing to negotiate.

Retail Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in August 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with about 7 or 8 people in was an all day interview with lunch in their cafeteria and a tour of the activity center.

Interview Questions

• It was three years avoid I don't recall. I do recall the VP of Marketing interview being nerve racking because he was onbhis blackberry the entire time asking me questions while checking email and not showing any interest.   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in November 2007.

Interview

I had one phone interview, with mainly personality and background questions. I recieved an onsite interview about 2 weeks later. I interviewed with 5 designers from multiple catagories one on one. This gave me the opportunity to present to each person. about 3 weeks after my interview, I recieved an second onsite interview. This one was with the Design Director, and again it was presenting my portfolio. I recieved an offer a few weeks later. For the most part, people seemed nice . I learned the life/work balance was not a reality once I started to work for the company.