Lane Bryant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.4

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online after doing a walk in of the store. It has taken almost 2 weeks to get an interview and start date. The interview asked basic retail questions, customer service style, ethics, and favorite style magazine.

Interview Questions
    I was told the pay rate before the offer was formally extended. seeing as it is part time retail work the pay is just fine, its above minimum wage.

Store Sales Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Lane Bryant.

Was promoted quickly within the company to a Store Manager. Great relationship with District Manager, they assign you mentors within the company to help with questions. I first met with a senion level store manager and then the district manager. You spend some time on the floor during your interview so they can see how you handle interacting with customers and carrying on a conversation in a fast paced environment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked within a team and it didn't go well   Answer Question
    They were willing to negotiate but told me up front what i could expect.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lane Bryant in June 2014.

Applied on tuesday and got a call the next day to set up an interview. Had my interview that friday and was offered the job immediately. The store manager pulled out my resume and went over it with me and asked a few questions about what my previous jobs were like. I didn't talk much art all because she talked about the company for most of the time. She took me out on the floor and showed me where everything was and then we went back to her office and offered me the job. I wore flats, slacks, a nice blouse, and a wrap. The whole interview took about 15 minutes max.

Interview Questions
    The manager told me that all sales associates get $8/hr.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lane Bryant in September 2012.

When I applied, applications were still on paper and in-person. The assistant store manager was there at the time and immediately asked me to come in for an interview the following day. They use a guided packet that has an array of questions to ask the interviewee. She explained she wouldn't ask all the questions, but she said corporate wanted interviews to be completed this way so that it made it easier for the hiring process. The interview was easy-going and very much like a relaxed conversation. I didn't feel pressured at all. It lasted maybe 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • After the usual get-to-know-you questions, they ask things like "what's your favorite magazine to read?" "What is one item you always have to have in your wardrobe?" With these questions, they are looking to see how fashion-forward and fashion-focused you are.   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed. I was told I was getting paid something lower than what my first paystub actually reflected, so there might have been some negotiation for my pay behind the scenes that I wasn't aware of at first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lane Bryant in May 2014.

Worst interview I've ever had, if you can call it an interview. I literally sat down for about 20 seconds. The woman asked "Why Lane Bryant?" I responded with the usual "love the style, blah blah blah" but as soon as the woman heard that I had never bought any of their clothing, it was just a big fat no. I told her that my sister shops there, loves it, etc. The reason I haven't bought their clothes is because I've been looking for a job! AKA - no money. After that, she had made up her mind and even told me that they want someone that 'eats, lives, and breathes Lane Bryant.' So just a warning to everyone - sounds like they want someone that only shops at Lane Bryant. She didn't even give me a chance at all.

Interview Questions
    • The only question she even asked was "Why Lane Bryant?"   Answer Question

PT- Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lane Bryant in January 2014.

They are creative with interview questions, so some of the standards don't apply, the application itself, I believe to be a test because of how complicated it is, They send you paper work via email if you are accepted, use Explorer or firefox, since chrome is not compatible. Interviews can be group or singular.

Interview Questions
    • What's an animal you most admire/relate to?   View Answer
    Not bad considering she told all of us at the same time what she could offer us perspectivly.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The interview was fairly straight forward. I interviewed with the district manager and the store manager. They were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • They posed a scenerio about a customer looking for an outfit to go out to a trendy restaurant. They had me go to the sales floor and pick an outfit out for the customer and then asked me to sale it. It is important to pick accessories and shoes. Be sure to pick a complete outfit.   Answer Question

Store Sales Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lane Bryant in January 2014.

spoke face to face with 2 DM's, did a phone call with the regional manager

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you had to coach a keyholder or employee for a negative situation, what happened what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    I got a decent raise compared to my last employer for the same position. Don't be afraid to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lane Bryant in November 2011.

brief discussion of sales and credit card opening expectations

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lane Bryant in October 2012.

I interviewed at a Job Fair with the District Manager. We hit it off right away and I was offered the position right away. She was very professional and fun.

Interview Questions
    • I was not ready to be asked how I felt about helping Plus Size women, as I am not one myself. The emotional pain some of these women are in is projected into their shopping experience and mood. I have been in retail for years and I think I dealt well with this question.   View Answer
    It was me telling them what I needed, and they met it. Hours are pretty easy to get regulated too as they employ many associates.

Worked for Lane Bryant? Contribute to the Community!