Lane Bryant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014
45 interviews

2.4

Store Sales Leader Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Lane Bryant.

Was promoted quickly within the company to a Store Manager. Great relationship with District Manager, they assign you mentors within the company to help with questions. I first met with a senion level store manager and then the district manager. You spend some time on the floor during your interview so they can see how you handle interacting with customers and carrying on a conversation in a fast paced environment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked within a team and it didn't go well   Answer Question
    They were willing to negotiate but told me up front what i could expect.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lane Bryant in September 2012.

When I applied, applications were still on paper and in-person. The assistant store manager was there at the time and immediately asked me to come in for an interview the following day. They use a guided packet that has an array of questions to ask the interviewee. She explained she wouldn't ask all the questions, but she said corporate wanted interviews to be completed this way so that it made it easier for the hiring process. The interview was easy-going and very much like a relaxed conversation. I didn't feel pressured at all. It lasted maybe 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • After the usual get-to-know-you questions, they ask things like "what's your favorite magazine to read?" "What is one item you always have to have in your wardrobe?" With these questions, they are looking to see how fashion-forward and fashion-focused you are.   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed. I was told I was getting paid something lower than what my first paystub actually reflected, so there might have been some negotiation for my pay behind the scenes that I wasn't aware of at first.

Anonymous Employee  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lane Bryant in May 2014.

Worst interview I've ever had, if you can call it an interview. I literally sat down for about 20 seconds. The woman asked "Why Lane Bryant?" I responded with the usual "love the style, blah blah blah" but as soon as the woman heard that I had never bought any of their clothing, it was just a big fat no. I told her that my sister shops there, loves it, etc. The reason I haven't bought their clothes is because I've been looking for a job! AKA - no money. After that, she had made up her mind and even told me that they want someone that 'eats, lives, and breathes Lane Bryant.' So just a warning to everyone - sounds like they want someone that only shops at Lane Bryant. She didn't even give me a chance at all.

Interview Questions
    • The only question she even asked was "Why Lane Bryant?"   Answer Question

PT- Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lane Bryant in January 2014.

They are creative with interview questions, so some of the standards don't apply, the application itself, I believe to be a test because of how complicated it is, They send you paper work via email if you are accepted, use Explorer or firefox, since chrome is not compatible. Interviews can be group or singular.

Interview Questions
    • What's an animal you most admire/relate to?   View Answer
    Not bad considering she told all of us at the same time what she could offer us perspectivly.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The interview was fairly straight forward. I interviewed with the district manager and the store manager. They were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • They posed a scenerio about a customer looking for an outfit to go out to a trendy restaurant. They had me go to the sales floor and pick an outfit out for the customer and then asked me to sale it. It is important to pick accessories and shoes. Be sure to pick a complete outfit.   Answer Question

Store Sales Leader Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lane Bryant in January 2014.

spoke face to face with 2 DM's, did a phone call with the regional manager

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you had to coach a keyholder or employee for a negative situation, what happened what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    I got a decent raise compared to my last employer for the same position. Don't be afraid to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lane Bryant in November 2011.

brief discussion of sales and credit card opening expectations

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lane Bryant in October 2012.

I interviewed at a Job Fair with the District Manager. We hit it off right away and I was offered the position right away. She was very professional and fun.

Interview Questions
    • I was not ready to be asked how I felt about helping Plus Size women, as I am not one myself. The emotional pain some of these women are in is projected into their shopping experience and mood. I have been in retail for years and I think I dealt well with this question.   View Answer
    It was me telling them what I needed, and they met it. Hours are pretty easy to get regulated too as they employ many associates.

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online, got a call a few days later offering an interview.
    Group interview, very easy.

Part Time Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Lane Bryant.

It was a month after I filled out an application before they finally called me. There was four interviews.
    First was with the store manager. Very laid back attitude, and the questions were read from a sheet in front of her. Almost all the questions were situational, such as "Give me an example of a time you had a difficult customer, and how did you handle the situation."
    The second interview was with a store manager from another location. She asked about my background and then told me what would be expected for the position. She did most of the talking, only asked a few questions. I have a feeling this interview was more to see if my personality was a good fit for customer service.
    The third interview was by phone with the district manager. Her questions were more of the situational questions, asking about times that I was in a leadership role in past jobs. She also questioned my degree, as my major has NOTHING to do with retail. She was worried I might look for a job in my degree field and leave her company. She also seemed put off with the idea of me having a second job. She asked what I would like to earn per hour, and indicated that they would pay me higher than what I was asking, but did not say how much exactly. She then explained that there would be a background check and if I thought anything would show up on it, I needed to tell her now, otherwise it would be cause for immediate termination.
    The fourth interview was with the Loss Prevention manager. This was also a phone interview. She asked me questions like "How would you prevent theft in your store." If you get this question, I can tell you that they are looking for you to say something along the lines of "good customer service would deter thieves." The idea is that if you are walking around communicating with the customers, they know you are watching them. There are a lot of moral questions about what to do when you suspect an employee of theft, would you tell on them, basic stuff like that. I was also asked if any employer or store had ever suspected me of theft. Again, I was asked to explain anything that would appear on a background check, and she was insistent that she could dig up ANYTHING, so I had better not lie.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to this company that puts you ahead of other applicants?   View Answer

I absolutely had to have a second job, something they initially said they would work around, but made it clear that Lane Bryant had to be my number one priority.

Worked for Lane Bryant? Contribute to the Community!