Lane Bryant

Updated Oct 26, 2014
Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.3

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in person. It took two weeks to hear back, but the interview was very simple. There was one other person I was interviewed with. She was experienced and I was not, but I still got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel comfortable with offering credit applications to customers.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lane Bryant.

So much easier than I anticipated. The manager was super sweet and very down to earth. Questions were very basic, she skimmed through a book and only read about 4-5 questions. Mostly talked about the store, I mentioned a few facts I knew about the company and the conversation just flowed from there. It definitely helps when you do your homework, the manager was impressed. She then described what I'd be doing & how I'd have to wear a 5 piece outfit (top, pants, shoes, blazer/vest & accessory) Interview took about 10 minutes and I was hired on the spot! Easiest interview I've ever had!

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a time when you were greatly satisfied with your work, if so explain why   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lane Bryant.

I applied online and was called within a few days. Interview was scheduled and was hired the day after the interview. But then it took about two weeks for them to get me on the schedule.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online after doing a walk in of the store. It has taken almost 2 weeks to get an interview and start date. The interview asked basic retail questions, customer service style, ethics, and favorite style magazine.

Interview Questions
    I was told the pay rate before the offer was formally extended. seeing as it is part time retail work the pay is just fine, its above minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Lane Bryant in September 2014.

Super easy process. My name was actually given to the Store Manager by the District Manager, who had gotten my name from a mutual friend. She called me and asked if I was interested in interviewing. We set up an interview for the following week. Since the store is new and was under construction, we met at the Starbucks next door.

I dressed well for the interview - black dress and shrug, matching shoes and belt, with statement jewelry pieces and a matching handbag. The interview was very laid back, more so than I thought it would be. There were pre-determined questions that the store manager had to go through. The questions were easy to answer, for the most part. I was very relaxed and at ease with the store manager, even if initially I was quite nervous.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question I had to answer was had I ever been given constructive criticism by a superior and how I handled it.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was fine. I got a little less than I wanted, but they came back with a higher amount after I said I couldn't work for the initial wage they offered.

Store Sales Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Lane Bryant.

Was promoted quickly within the company to a Store Manager. Great relationship with District Manager, they assign you mentors within the company to help with questions. I first met with a senion level store manager and then the district manager. You spend some time on the floor during your interview so they can see how you handle interacting with customers and carrying on a conversation in a fast paced environment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked within a team and it didn't go well   Answer Question
    They were willing to negotiate but told me up front what i could expect.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lane Bryant in June 2014.

Applied on tuesday and got a call the next day to set up an interview. Had my interview that friday and was offered the job immediately. The store manager pulled out my resume and went over it with me and asked a few questions about what my previous jobs were like. I didn't talk much art all because she talked about the company for most of the time. She took me out on the floor and showed me where everything was and then we went back to her office and offered me the job. I wore flats, slacks, a nice blouse, and a wrap. The whole interview took about 15 minutes max.

Interview Questions
    The manager told me that all sales associates get $8/hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lane Bryant in May 2014.

Worst interview I've ever had, if you can call it an interview. I literally sat down for about 20 seconds. The woman asked "Why Lane Bryant?" I responded with the usual "love the style, blah blah blah" but as soon as the woman heard that I had never bought any of their clothing, it was just a big fat no. I told her that my sister shops there, loves it, etc. The reason I haven't bought their clothes is because I've been looking for a job! AKA - no money. After that, she had made up her mind and even told me that they want someone that 'eats, lives, and breathes Lane Bryant.' So just a warning to everyone - sounds like they want someone that only shops at Lane Bryant. She didn't even give me a chance at all.

Interview Questions
    • The only question she even asked was "Why Lane Bryant?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The interview was fairly straight forward. I interviewed with the district manager and the store manager. They were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • They posed a scenerio about a customer looking for an outfit to go out to a trendy restaurant. They had me go to the sales floor and pick an outfit out for the customer and then asked me to sale it. It is important to pick accessories and shoes. Be sure to pick a complete outfit.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lane Bryant in April 2014.

I applied online and 2 months later was contacted by the district manager. She was very curt and to the point in the entire process. She scheduled an interview with me at a store other than the one I interviewed for. She requested before the interview that I secret shop the store and bring my thoughts and observations to the interview. It went very smooth. Although after our one on one interview she told me I would be passed onto the next level of interviewing with her regional and I never heard anything from her. The following week I emailed her and at that point she did tell me they had decided to go with another candidate but she did have something else in mind for me. I have never heard another word from her.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what my thoughts were on the secret shop trip, what my day at my current job was like, and had I ever been recognized for any achievements on the job. Most of the questions were concerning myself and my experience. She couldn't share any details of their end really. I asked several questions about scheduling, salary, and store goals which she wasn't at liberty to share until we were in negotiation.   View Answer