Langan Engineering and Environmental Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.9

Staff Engineer I Interview

Interview

Two in person interviews. They were very conversational, and everyone was very nice. Basically I could tell they wanted to get to know me and did not just want to ask your basic interview questions. Lots of opportunity to ask them questions as well.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services.

Interview

spanned over 3 months, spoke with HR manager for a phone screening, then was supposed to have an interview and they never called. The interview was rescheduled for the next week and it took three more weeks for an answer.

Project Manager (PII) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services.

Interview

I was initially introduced through a recruiter although I had a co-worker that was friends with my potential manager. Then I had a face to face interview with my manager as well as the office manager. Additionally, I had a video interview with the head of my engineering discipline who was located in a different office.

Entry Level Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for an entry level position in November 2014. I received an email for a phone interview invitation 2 months later. The phone interview was conducted the very next day with their head HR person and was very short (just to confirm resume). Three days later I was emailed again and invited to an in person interview. I traveled to NYC for an interview a few days later. I met with an HR person, the vice present, and four other employees (environmental scientists, engineers, and senior project managers). Everyone was extremely nice and easy to talk to. The questions were pretty standards - past environmental field work experience etc. I was told starting out at Langan involves quite a bit of urban environmental field work. There seems to be a lot of room to grow at this company if you are willing to work hard. After the interview, the company was very easy to follow up with and responded to emails quickly. About 2 months after the interview I was told I did not get the position. I believe they are still interviewing candidates currently and are looking for May hires. Overall, a great interviewing experience although I didn't get the job!

Senior Project Personnel Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services.

Interview

I applied online and shorlty I was called by numerous staffing agencies and not the company. I then was called by the company recruiter and a phone call was scheduled to review my credentials. Within a week I was called for an interview. Then a 2nd interview followed. By the end of the 4th week I was extended an offer. I had some items to negotiate and they presented me with what I wanted.

Interview Questions

• What project was I assigned to that did not go as planned? What was my role and contribution? How did I try to fix the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

less than a 2 hour turnaround.

Senior Staff Engineer II Interview

Application

Interview

Nothing out of ordinary, wanted to know my skills. Geologists and scientists interviewed me. the stockholder has to approve of you before you get hired. Langan is a company run by greedy stockholders, so they want to know how much you can earn for them.

Interview Questions

• No difficly question. it was striaght forward. May it was for junor level so they did not want to take lot of time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmwood Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services (Elmwood Park, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process took about a month or so. First started off with a phone interview then two weeks later set up an in person interview. Both of these interviews went well. They were professional and nice. Met with 2 different people. The HR wasn't very responsive at first and it took a bit of back and forth before finalizing the time and date for the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked me about my resume my experience and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online through the website, got a call 3 or 4 business days later to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview they had me come in to the office to speak with some project managers, and then I had a third interview with more project managers. Got a call a few days after the 3rd interview, oddly at then way end of the work day, offering me the position. Overall everyone was extremely nice. The interviews got progressively more difficult but its really all a test of your communication.

Interview Questions

• Explain In detail your most technical job   2 Answers

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview a few days later. An in-person interview was scheduled and I met with 2 managers. Everyone was very friendly and we spoke for about 1.5-2 Hrs. The general vibe was very laid back and more about work experience/what you can do for the company, rather than a formal interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered exactly what I asked for.

Staff Engineer III Interview

Interview

The hiring process was pretty straight forward. I only had one interview with a few associates. The offer came through the mail pretty quickly - which I appreciated. I didn't know of too many others applying for my position. I know that our hiring numbers have increased since I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer