Langan Engineering and Environmental Services

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.9

Senior Project Personnel Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services.

I applied online and shorlty I was called by numerous staffing agencies and not the company. I then was called by the company recruiter and a phone call was scheduled to review my credentials. Within a week I was called for an interview. Then a 2nd interview followed. By the end of the 4th week I was extended an offer. I had some items to negotiate and they presented me with what I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • What project was I assigned to that did not go as planned? What was my role and contribution? How did I try to fix the problem?   Answer Question
    less than a 2 hour turnaround.

Senior Staff Engineer II Interview

Nothing out of ordinary, wanted to know my skills. Geologists and scientists interviewed me. the stockholder has to approve of you before you get hired. Langan is a company run by greedy stockholders, so they want to know how much you can earn for them.

Interview Questions
    • No difficly question. it was striaght forward. May it was for junor level so they did not want to take lot of time.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied online through the website, got a call 3 or 4 business days later to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview they had me come in to the office to speak with some project managers, and then I had a third interview with more project managers. Got a call a few days after the 3rd interview, oddly at then way end of the work day, offering me the position. Overall everyone was extremely nice. The interviews got progressively more difficult but its really all a test of your communication.

No Negotiation

Accounting Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services.

I applied online and had a phone interview a few days later. An in-person interview was scheduled and I met with 2 managers. Everyone was very friendly and we spoke for about 1.5-2 Hrs. The general vibe was very laid back and more about work experience/what you can do for the company, rather than a formal interview.

Interview Questions
    I was offered exactly what I asked for.

Staff Engineer III Interview

The hiring process was pretty straight forward. I only had one interview with a few associates. The offer came through the mail pretty quickly - which I appreciated. I didn't know of too many others applying for my position. I know that our hiring numbers have increased since I was hired.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services in April 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview a week later. The interview was with 3 different people who would be my managers if I was selected for the position. The questions weren't particularly difficult. It was a very laid back interview in my opinion. I think the main concern was whether or not I was a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    When you applied online they asked what your current salary is/ salary expectations and they met my expectation. The start date was later than I would've wanted however that wasn't something I felt I could really negotiate.

Staff Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services.

Multiple interviews which were very intense.

Quick response to emails

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services in October 2013.

Had a phone interview with HR. Came in and interviewed one-on-one with 3 to 4 senior to mid level staff. Came back for a second interview with higher level PMs, another 3 one-on-ones. No one knew what the exact job position I was being hired for accept me. They all said something different about the company culture. The employees all looked over worked and beat down. I would never want to work here.

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Langan Engineering and Environmental Services in September 2011.

I met with a project manager, the two VPs and the HR manager separately. All were friendly, and we had great conversations about my interests and how they lined up with what they do. It looked like a fun place to work, and I got along well with the interviewers.

Entrylevel Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The interview is standard, but they lead you in with tricky questions. While they keep their friendly demeanor, they hook you in with questions like "Entry Level engineer positions can be quite a learning experience. Do you know anything about land development?" Make sure to think hard before answering, study the standard interview questions, don't get too comfortable with the interviewer's questions, and you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • What was your proudest achievement?   Answer Question
    • What did you like the most about your former supervisor's managerial style?   Answer Question