Langham Hotels

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.6

Meetings and Special Events Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Langham Hotels.

This is based on the previous director but my first interview was a brief meet and greet followed by a property tour by another manager. I wrote an email asking for another chance to actually meet with the director which she accepted. Again, the meeting was very brief and i ended up meeting with another 2 managers about the position. I sent a thank you card to the director and was called a few days later with a job offer.

None

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Langham Hotels in May 2014.

Sad to say, such nice corporate couldnt hired 2 therapists for months, after they changed the job description and required independent contractor to sit there for hours as they called it as "on call", with no benefits nor higher pay, and no salary raise whatsoever when I asked about the salary questions.

The spa manager was extremely passionate, and we clicked right away, and i've also provide a lots of ideas how to improve the spa itself... what a great wonderful lady. Couple weeks ago, I've heard she left the spa, due to the hotel doesnt really compromise in any ways.

You will still see them posting ads ALL DAYS and NIGHTS. Sad, but till they realized it's not going to work, and all they do was wasting their money, and not getting the perfect person to work for them, instead of having the old fat lady sitting there, acting like a pro, and trying to save her boss a few cents. Bad employee all the way up from that HR level.

Suggestion: Try it, and you will know what I mean.

** I got an offer right away, and had my 2nd interview on the same day. But after a few thoughts about it, i wrote them an email, to thank but NO THANK.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you are a good candidate for this position.   View Answer

Low salary, long hours, doesnt fit what the job description stated as their ad.

Restaurant Host Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Langham Hotels in May 2014.

I was called in for an interview about a week after submitting my application on their website.

Upon arriving, I filled out another application in the waiting area before continuing to an office for my interview.

The person I interviewed with did a great job of making the conversation flow and promoted a calm environment. I was nervous anyway because I had never interviewed in an office strangely enough. The entire encounter lasted about twenty to thirty minutes and I spent a good deal of time filling out the application and waiting before and after my interview.

I waited for a second interview after the initial one because there was a possibility that the next person to interview me was available, but she wasn't.

This review says I have received no offer, but I am actually waiting for a call to the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Langham hotels?   Answer Question
    • What has been the most challenging part of your work experience?
      (something along these lines)

Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current employer?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Langham Hotels in January 2011.

One interview and then met with Director of Marketing.

None

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Langham Hotels in March 2014.

One interview with HR, was very casual. Asked about my strengths and weaknesses, goals, etc. Then I interview with my manager. He asked about previous experience and why I would be a good candidate for this position.

Interview Questions
    • The biggest challenge you have experienced in your life?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Langham Hotels in March 2012.

Online application

Guest Relations Officer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Langham Hotels in August 2010.

Met the manager in the lobby of the hotel in China, very casual and talked about my experience and field of study. Presented challenges in working in different countries.

Interview Questions
    • What differences do you think you will see working in China vs America?   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Langham Hotels in June 2010.

Met with the Human Resource manager and had a 1 on 1 interview in her office. Pretty standard questions such as tell me about yourself, why human resources, but interview mostly consisted of her telling me about the job and talked about her own career experiences. She was friendly and very nice and my intuition told me I got the job, which I did.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Langham Hotels in June 2008.

I was initially called by the Director of Loss Prevention and asked to come to the property for a one on one interview with him. I met the Director of Loss Prevention and interviewed with him for about 1 hour. After that he took me to the office of the Hotel manager and I interviewed with him for about 15 minutes. After the interviews I was told that they would be in contact with me. Three days later I was contacted by Human Resources to come in and take a personality profile and do a drug screening. About a week later I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the main job of a Loss Prevention Officer in a hotel?   Answer Question