LanguageLine Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.7

Spanish Interpreter Interview

I applied online - interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions.

I don't remember if there was more than one interview, but the lady who interviewed me was very friendly and made me feel at ease from the beginning. Since I was applying to be a Spanish interpreter, some of the questions she asked in Spanish and I was expected to reply in Spanish. I received immediate feedback on my performance and I believe was offered a second interview right then and there.

Customer Service Representative WAH Spansh Interpreter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions.

At first everything seems to be system generated.You receive an email asking if youre still interested in working for them.If I recall correctly you also watch a avideo. Then if you click yes they email you.Then they call you multiple times.First call if I remember correctly was the actual test.Then to confirm acceptance of offer and to confirm schedule chosen.

I only received one call for the actual interviewing process.The rest where informational emails.After the hiring process you are required to complete a lengthy training.Full of conferences (with trainers,other new hires),videos and you are required to interpret scenarios both during the interview and during the training.
      There was like 4 scenarios.Mostly customer service but also medical.
    I recall a scenario where a woman toke her underagwe child to doctor.One where a customer was calling a bank,one where a client was calling cable company,one where a person was calling to set a claim to thieir insurance carrier.It was all very detailed and I being a native Spanish speaker and fluet English speaker learned a lot even in a few days

Interview Questions
    • During interview I was asked to speak about myself or what did I believe about a specific subject while I was being recorded.Very,very awkward to say the very least.   View Answer
    None when it comes down to pay.They offer you the position and ask what schedule you want (at least in my case)

Over the Phone Interpreter Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions.

interview over phone, vocabulary knowledge, listening skills,not like a regular job interview where they ask questions why you want to work here, but instead when are you available and are you also available other hours before or after your scheduled time, I also had to have a urine test, and background check done , communication mostly taking place via emails, hard to get in contact with any "live" person at headquarters

All-call Interpreter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions.

The process is initiated online. You have to create a profile and when there are open positions they let you know by e-mail. Then an over-the phone interview is schedule. After that interview, if it went well, you are schedule to take a test. Then you start with the online and over-the-phone training.

Interview Questions
    • Actually the test is very easy but some can get nervous. You have to have a very good short term memory.   Answer Question

All-call Interpreter Interview

I applied online - interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions.

You apply online. An hr manager sends you an e-mail with a job offer. After you accept the offer you are sent an e-mail detailing the first telephone interview. Then there is a second interview with an interpreter of you language where you test your skills on the phone as an interpreter.

Interview Questions
    • The skill test on the phone could be about an insurance claim situation, doctors office, credit card customer service, etc. So knowing some technical terms could help.   Answer Question
    no negotiations. they let you know when you are offered the position that there will be a fixed rate of pay and you don't get to request shift hours.

Customer Service Representative Spanish Interperter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions in August 2010.

Interview consists of a regular series of questions regarding your background, language skills and followed by a interpretation scenario.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they will offer you the job and the schedule will be pretty much set up for you basedo on business needs.

All-call Interpreter Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions.

Pretty simple. Run a battery of tests to test your language skills and there is a two week training period, and your on the job.

No negotiation

Interpreter Interview

spoken interpretation test; including medical, financial, insurance matters.

Customer Service Interpreter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions in March 2012.

Two over the phone interviews. That's all.

Interview Questions
    • None really. There were only questions about interpretation.   Answer Question
    None whatsoever.

Customer Service Interpreter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions.

1.Recruiter will email the candidate first, then talk over the phone to see if the candidate might be capable to do the job. If the answer is yes, then schedule for a tester to call.
    2. A short test for consecutive interpretation. Onced passed, then the orientation /training will begin.
    3.Training is about 5 days(not too sure now), few hours each day during that period of time. And after all the paper work is completed and work schedule is ddecided, then the new interpreter can start working very soon.

Interview Questions

Worked for LanguageLine Solutions? Contribute to the Community!