LanguageLine Solutions Spanish Interpreter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.4

Spanish Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions.

Interview

I don't remember if there was more than one interview, but the lady who interviewed me was very friendly and made me feel at ease from the beginning. Since I was applying to be a Spanish interpreter, some of the questions she asked in Spanish and I was expected to reply in Spanish. I received immediate feedback on my performance and I believe was offered a second interview right then and there.

Other Interview Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (El Paso, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Didn't really have an interview. Was more like repeat these sentences from ENGLISH to Spanish or vice versa. Was provided a list of terminology to study for three days, then tested over phone. Was group setting, so a lot of traffic of comings and goings. Very fast paced. Proficiency tests, drug test, background check and phone testing. Was referred.

Interview Questions

• How fluent are you in Spanish?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Riverside, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview was friendly, I felt comfortable, and the Rep. was very kind and friendly. She asked the normal regular questions for a job interview. Then sent me information by email to prepare for a skill test that would take place a few days later. So I took the test, it was a little bit difficult when they would give long segments to interpret, but then I realized that it was just for the interview because in real life you would be able to control the length of the segment you are about to interpret. It was fine in general.

Interview Questions

• In which situation would you consider that is ok or acceptable to be late for work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Arlington, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

I submitted my cv and they sent me an automated email informing the time frame they will get back to me to test me over the phone with mini scenarios from english to spanish and viceversa. Depending on your performance during that test they give you a job offer or they let you know that you need to polish your language skills a little bit more before applying again.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to interpret in both languages, you need to have a vast terminology in both languages.   Answer Question

Spanish Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in January 2015.

Interview

A lady called me to confirm my personal information, scheduled a date for the training sessions. She said she had to test my English, asked a couple of questions in English, I replied, that was the end of the interview. She said they would send my the information to log in in the system and carry on with the training.

Spanish Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LanguageLine Solutions in March 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by e-mail to have a phone intervew. I was asked questions about my education and expirence, had to answer some in english and some in spanish to know how fluent i was in both languages.The intervew lasted an hour. A week after the intervew I have a test to take interperting over the phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE

Spanish Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LanguageLine Solutions in October 2009.

Interview

I applied online, got an answer 3 months later, and when I explained that I had already plans for vacation time, they told me to call back after my vacation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You either take it or not.

Spanish Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LanguageLine Solutions in January 2007.

Interview

Over the phone interview, then role playing.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your problem solving skills and give me an example of how you solved it?   1 Answer
    • I do you deal with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as far as salary, but can negotiate hours and schedules.