Larsen & Toubro

Larsen & Toubro GET Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

GET Interview

Written Exam which include few technical and few non-technical questions.
Interview was maximum technical and few HR questions.
I was asked more about concrete technology and geo-tech. It was 40 min long interview

Other Interview Reviews for Larsen & Toubro

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in September 2014.

60 questions aptitude test of 60 min and 51 verbal ability questions for 20 min...after that the selected candidates were called for interview...both HR and technical panel will be same...questions related to project, interns and some basic concepts of whatever you have learnt in engineering

GET Interview

It was a part of the College GET recruitment process. The basic selection criteria for short listing was a 55% aggregate (since this was in our 3rd year, you had to ensure 58% on passing) in our Bachelors. After the written test there were 11 from our college who were short listed for the interview process. Of these, 7 got the offer.

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

the first and second round comprised of the aptitude and english test which was basically MCQ type and it was online. After that the short listed candidates were called for the interview. it was a technical interview but a very basic one.

Interview Questions
    • The English test was a little tricky ... it is bcz the time allotted was very less as compared to the no. of questions asked in it   Answer Question

campus placement
    selected for the final interview
    they have asked me basic electrical engg. questions
    hr questions were also very easy
    they basically give weight age to your GPA
    toppers of my batch were selected

GET Interview

L&T had unexpectedly come to our campus for placements. We were informed about its coming only before a week or so. They wanted a shortlist of top 50 people from our branch(EEE), to whom they conducted first round which is an online apti and verbal test. It was quite as normal as a general standard apti n verbal test.
    Then they took about 25 people to the next round, after shortlisting. This next round is a technical interview that happened after 2 days from the day of first round. To my surprise, nothing much was asked about technical side during an interview. They asked me about a seminar that I had taken as a part of academic course. I explained it for about 7-10 mins.
    The interviewer then asked me HR questions like 'what do you know about L&T?..'Are you willing to work anywhere in India?'..and most importantly 'Are you capable of working in field?'. This interview ran for about 30-40 mins.
    Immediately after this technical round, there was a HR interview where I was just asked to submit the copies of my grade sheets and certificates and he asked me very few questions of which 'What are your strengths and weaknesses?..'How do u overcome them?' are few to name. That was the end of HR round.
    And then,
    ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... It was all about waiting and waiting and waiting for the result.
    Finally it did come after one n half month and the result was that I made it!

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in December 2014.

The very first task is to make the interviewer believe that you are really interested in joining the company. First question asked was, "Are you really interested in joining Larsen & Toubro ?".
    The old person was trying to make me say 'NO' by telling me about so many difficulties that I will have to face in the company if I join.But I was stuck to my words.
    Then he asked me to tell about my family background and then he asked me so many technical questions. I answered about half of them. One more important point is to keep the atmosphere light and answer in light manner and keep smiling.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions: How many types of transformers are there??? What are the specifications of a transformer to identify it uniquely?   Answer Question

GET Interview

Aptitude test is pretty much basic.Time management is the key to crack it.Then GD with current topics.
    Coming to main inter view, be extremely through on all topics of engineering.Show them you are very much passionate for the job.Rest is Luck.

Interview Questions
    • Convince us that you wont pursue MS and leave the organisation for next 5-7 yrs.   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhopal (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bhopal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in October 2014.

L&T HED
    I applied through university .
    The process was in three steps-
    1.written test(technical-50questions in 30 minutes and aptitude - 75 questions in 60 minutes).
    2.GD was non eliminative.
    3.Interview-It a purely technical interview.Questions Were asked from the form that has to be submitted and your favorite subjects,training,projects etc. The interview ran for about 45mins.
     16 candidates were shortlisted for interview only 1offer was given.

Interview Questions
    • Comment about the existence of 5 pole induction machine.   Answer Question
    • How we can achieve speed greater than synchronous speed in running induction motor?   View Answer
    • How to apply breaks in an induction motor.   View Answer
    • Explain 10 laws you have studied in EE.   View Answer

GET Interview

questions asked are too easy to solve and interview rounds are quite cool go unprepared and you will nail it
    good luck .this year they increased the perks so number of applicants are more .have patience for job .mostly they hire through campus selection