Larsen & Toubro Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

3.3

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in August 2014.

It was a pretty easy selection procedure.
First round being Online test comprising of APTI (60 in 60min ), second round was english(50 in 21min). I cleared the round quite easily.
Then it was the PI where questions from project and technical background were asked.

Other Interview Reviews for Larsen & Toubro

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in August 2014.

The first stage was a written test, including verbal, aptitude and quantitative ability. Only the top 30 eligible students from each branch were allowed for this. Out of which 20 were selected for the PI round. The panel consisted of two persons, one HR and one from Technical background. Several rounds both HR and Technical questioning was done. But the simplicity and friendlyness of the panel was very comforting. They stress more on one's ability to work in any place across India.

Interview Questions
    It was a campus placement, so there was not much of negotiation.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jamshedpur (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

The first round is a online test round comprising of technical and aptitude questions. The students selected for interview are required to prepare for a full technical interview which will comprise all the questions related to their branch of engineering. Also only the top ten to twenty students are eligible for the online test for their branch respectively.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult questions were to tell about the new advanced technologies in detail.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warangal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in June 2010.

It was a campus Placement. Usual process- Shortlist based on a written test, folllowed by a GD and then a final interview. Questions were around engineerin basics, about goals, aspirations, and communication skills

No Negotiation

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in July 2010.

Most of the questions are pertaining to mechanical engineering background. There was bond of 2 years from the date of joining. The interviewer was keen on testing the domain knowledge of the candidate than communication skill. The process was condcated on campus which contains two rounds. First being aptitude test and second one is one on one personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • The question regarding manufacturing of ball bearings.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calicut, Kerala (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calicut, Kerala (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in November 2012.

Initially there was an aptitude test following a preliminary screening based on CGPAs and other criteria specified. Following selection in the test there was a single Technical-cum-HR interview. The interview was nearly 45 mins long in my case and was nearly 90% technical.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions were asked on Geotechnical which I found rather difficult.   Answer Question

it was goog
    friendly environment
    not too much tiring
    employer friendly

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in October 2013.

I had got a call from LnT office Delhi after my written had cleared during on campus tests. Their procedure took a long time as their interview call was delayed. Upon reaching thier office, we were surprised to know that they didnt have seats available for Chemical Engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected Question was - What is your branch?
      I mean, we have come for interview after your call and you dont even know our branch? *surprised*
        Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in November 2013.

1st round- Aptitude(60 questions and verbals included)
    2nd round- Technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Technical can be tough at times. One of the most difficult questions for me was the stress distribution pattern for sheet piles.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

L&T conducted an Aptitude test which had three sections, namely, Quantitative, Analytical and Verbal section each section having 25 questions and 20 minutes were alloted per section. It had sectional cut-offs. After clearing the aptitude test, there was one interview round. It was blend of HR and Technical interview. The questions were related to the topics studied in the second and third year of Engineering. The interviewers focused more on the practical aspect of any concept.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any question difficult because I answered all of the questions accurately.   Answer Question

Worked for Larsen & Toubro? Contribute to the Community!