Larsen & Toubro

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

3.2

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

First an on campus interview was held. After a year another interview via video conference took place. After the interview HR called and told me about my selection and gave further instructions.

Interview Questions
The salary was fixed as it was campus recruitment.

Other Interview Reviews for Larsen & Toubro

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in January 2015.

One on One Face to Face Interview. Lasted for 1 hour. Drilled through all basics and asked question all around resume. Kept asking question from my answers until I choked. Was all around my resume asking technical questions about my projects. Also tried to bully me whenver he got a chance.

Interview Questions
    • Basic operation on Boost Converter   View Answer
    • Z , S , V calculation for a system with transformers generators and loads   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in May 2013.

There were totally 3 rounds, Aptitude Test, HR and Technical Interview. The aptitude test is straight forward, containing analytical and reasoning type questions. HR is swift and easy, followed by an intense technical round, that needs a lot of preparation.

Interview Questions
    • Draw and briefly explain all the operations of a substation, given a piece of paper.!   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in January 2010.

Tell me about the projects you have done, what was your role in the project, what did you learn from this project, what were the difficulties that you faced in the project and how did you overcome it. What is long term and short term goal, what are you looking in the company

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Campus selection through written , GD & PI. First round was written then Group discussion and after that round of technical interview & one round HR interview. It was two day process. Day 1 : Written & GD . Day 2: Two round of interview

Interview Questions
    • They cover almost each subject in technical interview.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Applied through campus recruitment centre. There was a multiple choice test initially. There was one tech and one hr interviewer. They were friendly.Mostly HR questions and less technical questions. The technical questions mostly centered around my project. There were not many difficult questions. Somw stress strain questions were also asked.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in October 2014.

The company had very strict eligibility criteria which included minimum limits on weight and height. From my college they allowed the top 30 registrations.
    Following that there was a long test for shortlisting the candidates. After that there was a short interview for the final selection.

For the result we had to wait months.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nāgpur, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nāgpur, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in September 2014.

Students having a CGPA above 6 were eligible for Technical & Aptitude tests of 30 minutes and 1 hour respectively. Both tests had a cumulative cut-off score. The aptitude test had 3 sections viz verbal ability, analytical ability & numerical ability and each section had its own individual cut-off so you had to show your competency in all the sections.

Shortlisted students were then called for a GD. It consisted of very general topics, and the main purpose of the GD was to check your communication skills. No student was eliminated in the GD.

The GD was followed by a technical+HR interview of about 45-60 minutes in which basic technical questions related to your favorite subjects were asked. The only question asked of HR was whether we had any location constraints.

Interview Questions
    • Basic technical questions related to your favorite subjects were asked. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

process goes on for 2 days
    first day there was aptitude test from ltte pariksha was comparatively easy from second round.
    second day there was 1 on 1 technical interview which last for half an hour was a little difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were related to the subjects example shear wall.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

The "Top 20" were allowed to sit for a written test which was on the easier side(comparable to that by Infosys). The selected candidates were called for the interview. Overall, the interview was a pleasant experience. It was mostly technical with a small dose of basic HR and current affairs questions.

Interview Questions
    • They enquired about my favourite subject but asked the least questions from that area.   Answer Question

Got other better offers in hand.