Larsen & Toubro Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

3.2

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in August 2014.

The first round is a online test round comprising of technical and aptitude questions. The students selected for interview are required to prepare for a full technical interview which will comprise all the questions related to their branch of engineering. Also only the top ten to twenty students are eligible for the online test for their branch respectively.

Interview Questions
  • The difficult questions were to tell about the new advanced technologies in detail.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Larsen & Toubro

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

The first stage was a written test, including verbal, aptitude and quantitative ability. Only the top 30 eligible students from each branch were allowed for this. Out of which 20 were selected for the PI round. The panel consisted of two persons, one HR and one from Technical background. Several rounds both HR and Technical questioning was done. But the simplicity and friendlyness of the panel was very comforting. They stress more on one's ability to work in any place across India.

Interview Questions
    It was a campus placement, so there was not much of negotiation.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in August 2014.

It was a pretty easy selection procedure.
    First round being Online test comprising of APTI (60 in 60min ), second round was english(50 in 21min). I cleared the round quite easily.
    Then it was the PI where questions from project and technical background were asked.

it was goog
    friendly environment
    not too much tiring
    employer friendly

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in November 2013.

1st round- Aptitude(60 questions and verbals included)
    2nd round- Technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Technical can be tough at times. One of the most difficult questions for me was the stress distribution pattern for sheet piles.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

L&T conducted an Aptitude test which had three sections, namely, Quantitative, Analytical and Verbal section each section having 25 questions and 20 minutes were alloted per section. It had sectional cut-offs. After clearing the aptitude test, there was one interview round. It was blend of HR and Technical interview. The questions were related to the topics studied in the second and third year of Engineering. The interviewers focused more on the practical aspect of any concept.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any question difficult because I answered all of the questions accurately.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in October 2013.

I had got a call from LnT office Delhi after my written had cleared during on campus tests. Their procedure took a long time as their interview call was delayed. Upon reaching thier office, we were surprised to know that they didnt have seats available for Chemical Engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected Question was - What is your branch?
      I mean, we have come for interview after your call and you dont even know our branch? *surprised*

Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Involves a writing exam initially, generally conducted in-campus and comprises many colleges together. The next step follows an HR interview where general information are asked. The technical interview follows it where a rigorous interview is done depending upon the stream of the job application.

Interview Questions
    • How the previous learning of internships have affected the mental thinking and skills of a person?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in September 2013.

I applied for Larsen and Toubro during the Campus Selection process from my college. The tests and Group discussion was completed in one day. The tests comprised of two parts. Aptitude test and Technical test. Students were selected for Group discussions according to the test results. After that, we had Group discussions. The Group discussion was in groups of 6 to 7 students. The GD was for about 10 mins. The feedback was given after the GD. GD was not an elimination round.
    The final interview was taken in the head office at Powai. The final interview was both technical and HR combined. General basic questions were asked. The interview lasted for around 30 mins. The results were declared after a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions were asked according to the form that was filled in the beginning of the entire selection process. Technical questions were easy, not much difficult.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Pre-placement talk including a presentation explaining the different businesses of the company and expectations from engineers. This was followed by an aptitude test. Shortlisted students were interviewed by a panel of 2 members. The technical interview focused on basic engineering principles and theories.

Interview Questions
    • Future career plans, they were a bit critical when i told them that I intended to study further.   Answer Question