Larsen & Toubro

Updated Dec 13, 2014

3.1

Software Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Pretty Straightforward.
    Submitted resume online through university career website.
    Received an email about scheduling times for an interview. This interview would be through skype, just about fifteen to thirty minutes. Interview was behavioral, general fit questions. Nothing crazy. Just want to see what you already know about the company. And also wanted to learn about your background and how your interest ties back to the position and the company.

Moving forward their were further interviews.

GET Interview

Written Exam which include few technical and few non-technical questions.
    Interview was maximum technical and few HR questions.
    I was asked more about concrete technology and geo-tech. It was 40 min long interview

Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

They found my resume in different job boarder websites. I have received four phone calls from different recruiter companies asking about the salary that I expect, my experience in different chemical softwares and etc. Eventually, someone from L&T called and interviewed me for 15 minutes. He asked the same questions and told me to expect another call the day after that. The next day. a chemical engineer from L&T called and ask some basic questions related to the basics of PFDs, P&IDs, the precaution of working in high-pressure plants, my working experience and etc. Generally, all of the questions were so basic. The phone interview takes about 40 minutes.

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in September 2014.

60 questions aptitude test of 60 min and 51 verbal ability questions for 20 min...after that the selected candidates were called for interview...both HR and technical panel will be same...questions related to project, interns and some basic concepts of whatever you have learnt in engineering

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

I applied for summer internship at the construction site itself and the project manager forwarded my documents to head office

GET Interview

It was a part of the College GET recruitment process. The basic selection criteria for short listing was a 55% aggregate (since this was in our 3rd year, you had to ensure 58% on passing) in our Bachelors. After the written test there were 11 from our college who were short listed for the interview process. Of these, 7 got the offer.

Graduare Engineer Trainee Interview

Two written tests, followed by one or two rounds of technical + HR interviews. Interviews will be mostly based on candidate's technical knowledge. Sometime interviews stretches from 45 minutes to one hour,but still managable if you have basic knowledge of your field.

Interview Questions
    • Written test is very techie and very much different from IT companies aptitude tests   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in May 2013.

There were totally 3 rounds, Aptitude Test, HR and Technical Interview. The aptitude test is straight forward, containing analytical and reasoning type questions. HR is swift and easy, followed by an intense technical round, that needs a lot of preparation.

Interview Questions
    • Draw and briefly explain all the operations of a substation, given a piece of paper.!   Answer Question

Director Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in October 2010.

Initial phone calls were good, then spoke in person management. Nice people. BUT asked to many question personally about wife, what I do for fun, family/children, and my culture and how long I have been in the US from India....NOT appropriate but I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected is are you married? Children? How many? VERY unprofessional and I am sure against some US work code.   View Answer
    Negotiate? They never stopped, even the day I came to sign paperwork, they were still trying to negotiate...I felt like I was in a market back in India.....NOT good or professional but I understood...and it has continued.....

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in February 2010.

Short and to the point. Need to know both technical and a good personality. Will need to present at meetings etc...
    Also, will need to do worse case analysis and simulations. Good soft ware skills.