Larsen & Toubro

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

3.1

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

first written test
    1) technical
    2) aptitude
    technical: structural, soil, fluid
    aptitude : very easy no need of preparation
    later group discussion non elimination round
    finally interview which is toughest.
    I didn't get selected because of my posting preferences
    study the whole strength of materials and rcc subject in which most of the questions were asked.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

First an on campus interview was held. After a year another interview via video conference took place. After the interview HR called and told me about my selection and gave further instructions.

Interview Questions
    The salary was fixed as it was campus recruitment.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in January 2015.

One on One Face to Face Interview. Lasted for 1 hour. Drilled through all basics and asked question all around resume. Kept asking question from my answers until I choked. Was all around my resume asking technical questions about my projects. Also tried to bully me whenver he got a chance.

Interview Questions
    • Basic operation on Boost Converter   View Answer
    • Z , S , V calculation for a system with transformers generators and loads   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Pretty Straightforward.
    Submitted resume online through university career website.
    Received an email about scheduling times for an interview. This interview would be through skype, just about fifteen to thirty minutes. Interview was behavioral, general fit questions. Nothing crazy. Just want to see what you already know about the company. And also wanted to learn about your background and how your interest ties back to the position and the company.

Moving forward their were further interviews.

GET Interview

Written Exam which include few technical and few non-technical questions.
    Interview was maximum technical and few HR questions.
    I was asked more about concrete technology and geo-tech. It was 40 min long interview

Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

They found my resume in different job boarder websites. I have received four phone calls from different recruiter companies asking about the salary that I expect, my experience in different chemical softwares and etc. Eventually, someone from L&T called and interviewed me for 15 minutes. He asked the same questions and told me to expect another call the day after that. The next day. a chemical engineer from L&T called and ask some basic questions related to the basics of PFDs, P&IDs, the precaution of working in high-pressure plants, my working experience and etc. Generally, all of the questions were so basic. The phone interview takes about 40 minutes.

GET Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in September 2014.

60 questions aptitude test of 60 min and 51 verbal ability questions for 20 min...after that the selected candidates were called for interview...both HR and technical panel will be same...questions related to project, interns and some basic concepts of whatever you have learnt in engineering

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

I applied for summer internship at the construction site itself and the project manager forwarded my documents to head office

GET Interview

It was a part of the College GET recruitment process. The basic selection criteria for short listing was a 55% aggregate (since this was in our 3rd year, you had to ensure 58% on passing) in our Bachelors. After the written test there were 11 from our college who were short listed for the interview process. Of these, 7 got the offer.

Graduare Engineer Trainee Interview

Two written tests, followed by one or two rounds of technical + HR interviews. Interviews will be mostly based on candidate's technical knowledge. Sometime interviews stretches from 45 minutes to one hour,but still managable if you have basic knowledge of your field.

Interview Questions
    • Written test is very techie and very much different from IT companies aptitude tests   Answer Question